General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Re: Favorite Book of the Saga

Post by Chernaudi »

I liked the entire saga, but if I had to pick between two to be my absolute favorites, it would be Breaking Dawn and New Moon.

Overall, I find the story interesting, period, no matter the novel, but the emotion in New Moon nailed it, not to mention that I'm a Bella fan. And I liked how Breaking Dawn ended, though I'm also slightly cynical of it-how it wraped up all the loose ends, but left enough untied so that either Stephenie can write more later, or allows the reader to use his/her imagination to figure out how future events may go, depending on one's point of view. At times, I'd rathered of had an ending where the Volturi knew they were beat and faded away from memory-something a little more concrete. And I feel that Nessie ads a little to the story-actually a lot, considering all the fan fictions about her, including a couple I've written and saved on my harddrive(if anyone wants them, just ask or tell me where I can post them).

I kinda felt that overall that vampire stories were passe until I found out about the Twilight books(I was late in this, and I only decided to read them after working in a library for over a year and seeing them placed on hold every day, and asked my friends about them, and I found out that Kristen Stewart was cast as Bella in the movies). And I wondered what the appeal was for me-oh, a woman is the main narrator! So many vampire stories were from a man's POV, or a third person POV. Go girl power! :)

Those are my thoughts on the saga and why I like it, but if I had to pick a favorite, it would be between New Moon and Breaking Dawn.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
squashedcupcake
Settled in Forks

Post by squashedcupcake »

Ooh, my favorite book of the saga! I really do love them all, but I guess I'd have to say Twilight is the best. I believe this firmly, as the first books are nearly always the best in my opinion.
votrechanteuse
Settled in Forks

Post by votrechanteuse »

Twilight is definitely my favorite of the four. This is where it all started, and it's just so beautifully crafted. It's also the pre-love-triangle story; not to say I don't LOVE the following three, but I absolutely adore the whole build up to Edward and Bella's relationship. Mind Over Matter, when they're in her room after The Conversation of Reckoning, makes me get the biggest, dopey smile on my face.

I think that there's also the situational element for me, because when I read Twilight for the first time (spring 2006), that was a generally euphoric time in my life for some reason...
time dancers whirling past, i gaze through the looking glass, and feel just beyond my grasp is heaven
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

I don't have a favorite. I loved them all. I remember friends telling me the second through the fourth has a lot of slow parts. But I disagree this whole saga was a page turner. Even reading it for the third time I have so much emotion running through me. I know on the last book BD either you loved it or hated it and some people felt they were not ready to see Bella being a mom I was ok with it. I can see why they didn't like it b/c they wanted more books. I think we can all agree on that. But if this is truly her last book and if she never writes about them again then I am happy. I do hope if she does write more of the Twilight Saga that E&B stay alive I would not read it if something happens to them. It wouldn't be the same.
Banner by TammyAZ
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

My favourite is Twilight, because Edward and Bella were able to form their relationship. Most of what Edward did in this one was super sweet.
lady4string

Post by lady4string »

I guess I'd have to say Breaking Dawn because Bella becomes this BA vamp that saves the day. :D So many people claim she's a damsel in distress although she saves the day in books 2 and 4. I'm also glad that after all that time, she finally gets transformed in this one and Edward realizes it wasn't so bad. I'm also not a big fan of love triangles and it gets resolved here. I think SM inserted a little more humor in this book than the others.
ZoeCullen
Settled in Forks

Post by ZoeCullen »

When I read Eclipse, it absolutely LOVED it! That was my favourite until I re-read it and it didn't seem so action packed or fast-paced as the first time. At first, I hated New Moon because Edward left, but then I read it a couple more times, and it is now my favourite because there was a lot of interaction with Jacob and we were introduced to the Volturi. I love all the books though ;)
"Besides, friends don't let friends drive drunk."
"Drunk?"
"You're intoxicated by my very presence."

Look who's talking LOL
JillOBean
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by JillOBean »

I really didn't think the whole series was a page turner... and as a side note...

ZoeCullen, your signature image is kind of freaking me the fork out! Just FYI... it's funny, but, uh... creepy. :lol:

Anto21
Wandering Through Town

Post by Anto21 »

Hello! I love the four books and I read them several times, especially my favourite chapters.
However if I have to pick one it's "Eclipse" I really love it. The reasons are various. First of all because I like how the relationship between Edward and Bella grows, becomes stronger, solid and passionate. Edward proposed Bella and she finally accepted it (so romantic!). I also like how the love triangle develops, the doubts of Bella and how Edward's character changes through the whole story. And finally reading Eclipse I could discover more about Jasper and his story.

I don't know how many times I've read it so far :oops:
look after my heart, I've left it with you
KaseyHeartEdward
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by KaseyHeartEdward »

NEW MOON!!!
HANDS DOWN FOR ME!!!! LOL

Yea for me it was just awesome

Bella and Edward at the end! *smiles*

Then seeing more of Jacob and the Volturi!! lol

But yea it helped me through a lot when i was younger. *smiles