General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Zoltan
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Twilight Saga Q&A #3

Post by Zoltan »

hse_bldr wrote:Run away from the moose deer.

Is that even related to Twilight?
Zoltan
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Zoltan »

Here is an idea of making someone transform faster. Fill a bunch of needles up with venom, and then stab the needles into multiple places on the body, including the heart and inject in tandem. That would save a load of time that the venom would usually need to spread with only one or two bites. Does anyone agree?
shatarah
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by shatarah »

Zoltan wrote:Here is an idea of making someone transform faster. Fill a bunch of needles up with venom, and then stab the needles into multiple places on the body, including the heart and inject in tandem. That would save a load of time that the venom would usually need to spread with only one or two bites. Does anyone agree?
It'd take longer that way. The venom straight to the heart is the only needle that would be needed. The vampire biting and closing the wound (as Edward did) would be much faster than having to swap needles and less tedious. Biting at multiple points is something that Edward and other vampires have done (per Carlisle's recounts of the matter) to infuse the body with as much venom as possible.

However, it is still limited to the human body's circulation capabilities. In addition to circulation, you would have to factor in how long it would take the venom itself to assault the various organs and tissues before they were changed. The heart, in this case is the last thing to stop (a behavior to the venom itself because it wants to be circulated until it's job is done).
Kirume
Settled in Forks

Post by Kirume »

Oh I like this topic :))

Q : Eleazar said each talent is unique .. but it seems Eleazar's and Edward's talent is the same .... ? Siobhan and Alice too ??

( Sorry . I don't know if my sentence is wrong .. ? )
shatarah
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by shatarah »

Kirume wrote:Oh I like this topic :))

Q : Eleazar said each talent is unique .. but it seems Eleazar's and Edward's talent is the same .... ? Siobhan and Alice too ??

( Sorry . I don't know if my sentence is wrong .. ? )
Eleazar said that while some people have similar talents they work uniquely to each individual. With the examples you used - Eleazar can *feel* the gifts of others. Edward can hear surface thoughts from a distance. (Now I'm going to assume you meant Aro and include him). Aro can touch you and through that touch see every thought you've ever had (I am going to assume that the length of contact determines how many of the thoughts you've had he gets). Siobhan can will for an outcome to happen (though she doesn't believe it herself). Alice can only see the futures that are possible and some are more firm than others depending on the what is decided. Her visions can change at the whim of one person changing their minds.
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

Zoltan wrote:Here is an idea of making someone transform faster. Fill a bunch of needles up with venom, and then stab the needles into multiple places on the body, including the heart and inject in tandem. That would save a load of time that the venom would usually need to spread with only one or two bites. Does anyone agree?
While that would take quite a bit of time if Edward had used that idea, it would be a great idea for the covens/armies of the South to have a supply of syringes filled with venom at the ready. That way, they wouldn't have to work as hard to make newborns, as there would be no difficulty in fighting the bloodlust.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
Adrienne
Learning to Love Green

Post by Adrienne »

I truly can't remember where I read this but I think that Stephenie mentioned somewhere that no matter how much venom was in the system it would take a minimum of two days for the transformation to be complete. It had something to do with the venom being much thicker than blood which would explain why the heart beats harder and faster as it pushes the venom through the bloodstream transforming the body as it passes through the veins. It might've been the personal correspondence but I'll have to double check.

You know you are too into Twilight when you look at your husband and think

"Dammit, why don't you sparkle?"
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

I believe that was in the personal correspondence, yes. I do recall her saying it would still take a minimum of about two days for the change to complete.
shatarah
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by shatarah »

Adrienne wrote:I truly can't remember where I read this but I think that Stephenie mentioned somewhere that no matter how much venom was in the system it would take a minimum of two days for the transformation to be complete. It had something to do with the venom being much thicker than blood which would explain why the heart beats harder and faster as it pushes the venom through the bloodstream transforming the body as it passes through the veins. It might've been the personal correspondence but I'll have to double check.
The venom being thicker is touched upon during Bella's recount of the burning. She mentions that the blood in her heart felt like it was thicker (after the venom had been injected into her heart directly).
Adrienne
Learning to Love Green

Post by Adrienne »

Okay I found it in the Correspondence 8
Q: If someone’s bitten with loads of venom right by the heart, how quick is the conversion and is it more painful than a regular conversion? Were some of the Cullen’s transformations worse than others?

A: About the conversion process… If there is a lot of venom in the human’s system, the pain is more intense to begin with. Like fire, the venom burns through the body. So, with fire in more places, there is more pain at the outset. When Bella was bitten by James, the fire was only in her hand. Painful enough, but not as bad as if she had several bites. Of course, this is only at the outset. If James’ venom had been allowed to spread through Bella, it would have over time made its way through her whole system, and the pain eventually would have been just as intense as if she’d been deliberately infected with multiple, well-placed bites (jugular, wrists, ankles, etc.). So, all that early pain as the venom wound through her system is extra–an added portion of pain that doesn’t in anyway cut down the time or the intensity of the greater pain. The greatest pain begins when the venom is all the way through the body, through the heart, and it starts meeting itself in the veins again and then burning them dry. It moves slower than blood because it’s thicker. Each beat of the heart can only push it so far. The changing/burning process is slow. The venom has to leak through to every cell before it ends. It took Carlisle a little more than three days because his bites were not deliberate or well-placed. It can be as short as two.
So to answer the original question, more venom will only intensify the pain at the beginning but it won't speed the process. This is also what I remembered about the venom being thicker than the blood but I'm gonna reread the part of BD will Bella recounts her transformation as well.

You know you are too into Twilight when you look at your husband and think

"Dammit, why don't you sparkle?"