General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Twilight Saga Q&A #3

Post by roseaurora »

I understood her answer to mean that more venom would be less painful because it would spread quicker and that once it reached the heart it would reach the max amount of pain ever at that point... so the quicker it got there the quicker the transformation but ultimately the pain would be the same either way, just not as drawn out initially. Hope that made sense.... haha.

This is why it took Bella just over 2 days and Carlisle suffered through just over 3. He only had a small bite. Much like it would have been for Bella if they had let Jame's venom change her then.
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
shatarah
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by shatarah »

roseaurora wrote:I understood her answer to mean that more venom would be less painful because it would spread quicker and that once it reached the heart it would reach the max amount of pain ever at that point... so the quicker it got there the quicker the transformation but ultimately the pain would be the same either way, just not as drawn out initially. Hope that made sense.... haha.

This is why it took Bella just over 2 days and Carlisle suffered through just over 3. He only had a small bite. Much like it would have been for Bella if they had let Jame's venom change her then.
Carlisle's bite wasnt small. The vampire tore into his flesh near a main artery. With bella's bite from james that would have probably taken longer because of it's location being further from the major blood arteries.
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

Hmmmmm.....

I don't remember it being like that... I thought it was a chance bite by a weak vampire... oh well, not the first time I've been wrong... nor will it be that last.... :lol:

But, in comparison to what Bella got it was smaller I suppose (just trying to save face :D )
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

They never said it was a major artery, one may assume because the vampire was trying for a drink, but it was never explicitly stated. In fact, Carlisle said he felt bad about where he had bitten Edward because it made the transformation needlessly longer. That would only happen if he had bitten far away from the heart. Carlisle bit Edward in the same spot he, himself, was bitten by the rogue.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
Kirume
Settled in Forks

Post by Kirume »

Oh !! You know so much :""> ?? Are you Stephenie Meyer :) ??

Only 2 queses :"> :

1. What is the relation between members of Cullen ? ( I think Alice is Edward's younger sis , Rose is older , Emmett is older too but ... what 'bout Jasper ?? It doesn't seem like younger brother , right ?? )

2. What does NM's cover mean ?
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Nobody here is Stephenie Meyer, as far as I know. We just read all the interviews on this website.

1. You mean the relationship they have for their human cover story? Esme and Carlisle Cullen are the parents. They've been the foster parents for Esme's niece and nephew, eighteen-year-old twins Jasper and Rosalie Hale, for 10 years. They adopted seventeen-year-old Edward Cullen, seventeen-year-old Alice Cullen, and eighteen-year-old Emmet Cullen individually.

2. Stephenie Meyer says she does not see any symbolism in the New Moon cover, and had no say in it. However, some people relate the tulip to Bella's heart through the book, wilted and falling apart. Some people believe it to be a representation of how Jacob is holding Bella together as she desperately clings to the falling petal that is hanging by a thread, Edward.
BrandOfHeroine
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by BrandOfHeroine »

My theory about the New Moon cover is that Bella is the flower, obviously, and the red in the flower represents blood, 'cause Edward left Bella bleeding. However, blood or no blood, the flower is still alive, and that represents how Jacob "saved" her.

But that's just me.
mananda
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by mananda »

roseaurora wrote:Hmmmmm.....

I don't remember it being like that... I thought it was a chance bite by a weak vampire... oh well, not the first time I've been wrong... nor will it be that last.... :lol:

But, in comparison to what Bella got it was smaller I suppose (just trying to save face :D )
I agree. The vampire that bit Carlisle was weak with hunger.
Kirume
Settled in Forks

Post by Kirume »

who_needs_fangs? wrote:Nobody here is Stephenie Meyer, as far as I know. We just read all the interviews on this website.

1. You mean the relationship they have for their human cover story? Esme and Carlisle Cullen are the parents. They've been the foster parents for Esme's niece and nephew, eighteen-year-old twins Jasper and Rosalie Hale, for 10 years. They adopted seventeen-year-old Edward Cullen, seventeen-year-old Alice Cullen, and eighteen-year-old Emmet Cullen individually.
Oh ! It's not like that ... I mean relationship ... uhmmm .. I mean relationship between them to know more about Bella's position ...'cause if Alice is Edward's younger sis , she will call Bella "sis" right and Bella will be sister-in-law ... It also means Jasper will call the same as Alice does ... but Jasper is Edward's Older brother .... so what will happen ??? What a mess :cry:
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Oh, thank you for clarifying. I think the Cullens all think of Carlisle and Esme as their mother and father, except for Bella because her parents are still alive, and Charlie's still a part of her life. They consider their mate to be their spouse as they've all gotten married at least once. Everyone else is a sibling - there are no in-laws - so Bella considers Jasper her brother and Alice her sister.