General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
cullens_love
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Twilight Saga Q&A #3

Post by cullens_love »

If SM will continue writing on the saga, do you guys think it will still be in Forks?? Even if it is about Renesmee and Jacob the cullens will probably still be part of it and it would be years later so they should have moved on, right.
YOU ARE MY LIFE NOW
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Well, if the story continues about Leah then it will probably stay in the La Push/Washington area. But if it's about Rensemee then I wouldn't doubt it if it was somewhere else.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

cullens_love wrote:If SM will continue writing on the saga, do you guys think it will still be in Forks?? Even if it is about Renesmee and Jacob the cullens will probably still be part of it and it would be years later so they should have moved on, right.

I would think, depending how far into the future the book is set, they would have had to move on. People in Forks would notice the difference in Bella. I'm glad she got to see Charlie and perhaps he comes to visit them wherever they are? But I don't think they could stay in Forks too much longer than they have. Just my opinion though...

~Michelle

Thank you Naureen!!
shatarah
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by shatarah »

cullens_love wrote:If SM will continue writing on the saga, do you guys think it will still be in Forks?? Even if it is about Renesmee and Jacob the cullens will probably still be part of it and it would be years later so they should have moved on, right.

It's already set up to move to NH so I suspect that it would be the next place for them to go to if it were going to be set up to be within the next year or so. However, I would almost be willing to bet that because the family knows that Nessie has a very short grow-up period they would wait to do the actual college thing until it peaks so they don't miss it.
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

You know...I didn't think about Nessie...

Where could the family go without raising suspicion with out quickly Nessie changes? Do they simply hide her away for the next 6 and a half years? I guess they would need to come some place they could all hide out. In BD, it feels like they are in a little cocoon, seperated from the rest of civilization, but do they just hide out there for awhile? They would have to be careful where they went and who saw them, especially Bella.

Thank you Naureen!!
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

shatarah wrote:

It's already set up to move to NH so I suspect that it would be the next place for them to go to if it were going to be set up to be within the next year or so.
Actually, SM stated that the Cullens will move to British Columbia so that Bella can stay close to Charlie. I know that this is VERY unlikely, but I think that the Cullens will stay in Forks until Nessie has fully developed, so they don't get distracted from her childhood by silly things like moving. They could have Carlisle and Esme "leave town" for periods of time to "visit the kids" as the children would normally be the ones to age most. When people wonder why they aren't aging, they can claim to be taking anti-aging procedures like Botox. That could actually work well for the cover story as most humans would like to believe that the Cullens are not naturally that good-looking. If they're using anti-aging procedures, who's to say they never used plastic surgery? When the kids want to do something that involves going out, they can leave the state. When Nessie's done growing, Carlisle and Esme can claim to move to New Hampshire to be closer to the children.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
mananda
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by mananda »

fanMNM wrote:Those are all great explanations...thanks so much!

I had forgotten about Alice's promise to stay out of Bella's future...and there are lots of possibilities as to why she picked up on the one of Bella jumping.

Thanks for giving me stuff to consider :)

~Michelle
My two cents...

Alice was already very tuned in to Bella. So I think that's why she saw Bella without trying. The deal with Laurent... it was more about him and his decisions. Alice was tuned in to his channel. lol

Does that make any sense?
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Ah- but they can always stay in Forks without anyone suspecting. They can always claim they're away, college somewhere, even though they're still in the same house. It's not like anyone's going to come check on them to verify the story (at least, no humans would).

In my opinion, the limiting factor here would be Carlisle, seeing as he's in the public eye at the hospital. Or whenever the rest of the family gets bored for any reason. :D

I wonder though- if they had to leave, I'm assuming Jacob would have to go with them. There's just no way he and Renesmee would be separated. He'd have to go to school, too, like the rest of them. :lol:
TeamEdward1918
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Wandering outside Forks looking for a certain house...

Post by TeamEdward1918 »

who_needs_fangs? wrote:Actually, SM stated that the Cullens will move to British Columbia so that Bella can stay close to Charlie. I know that this is VERY unlikely, but I think that the Cullens will stay in Forks until Nessie has fully developed, so they don't get distracted from her childhood by silly things like moving. They could have Carlisle and Esme "leave town" for periods of time to "visit the kids" as the children would normally be the ones to age most. When people wonder why they aren't aging, they can claim to be taking anti-aging procedures like Botox. That could actually work well for the cover story as most humans would like to believe that the Cullens are not naturally that good-looking. If they're using anti-aging procedures, who's to say they never used plastic surgery? When the kids want to do something that involves going out, they can leave the state. When Nessie's done growing, Carlisle and Esme can claim to move to New Hampshire to be closer to the children.
I hadn't heard that before, did she say that in a PC? That they'll move to British Columbia I mean.

I also felt like they would stay in Forks until Renesmee had fully grown.

OK, I'm gonna sound really dense, there's probably a mention somewhere that I just can't remember, but why would they go to New Hampshire? Yes, Dartmouth, I know, but for some reason I completely thought that was 1. Mainly a cover story, and 2. Out the window once they had Renesmee, but I guess down the road....Am I the only one who thought that? :lol:
I am a Twilighter with OCD
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side"
E<3B
Edward Cullen: Volvos Never Looked So Good
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

It was in an interview somewhere, maybe from the Breaking Dawn tour.

Rosalie and Emmet were talking about starting late at Dartmouth, as Bella and Edward were still enrolled there, and the other siblings wouldn't have any trouble getting accepted.

Actually, I think Nessie will look to be 22 by the time she's done growing, because that's the type of luck those character's have. So she and Jacob would look too old for high school and would probably be in college or unemployed, or they'd have jobs as mechanics together.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|