General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
shatarah
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Twilight Saga Q&A #3

Post by shatarah »

who_needs_fangs? wrote:I hope forced is the operative word.

We're getting way off-topic now, new question...
If Rachel and Rebecca are genetically identical twins, Paul imprinted on Rachel, and imprinting is based on genetics, then does that mean he imprinted on Rebecca as well?
While they're genetically identical in many ways, twins are *never* exactly the same. How identically they are depends on when the egg divided into two babies. Once split, the development of each individual child can also be altered by the enviroment and anything that may be introduced during pregnancy.
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

shatarah wrote:I would think that the earrings would stay in place. Because the object would prevent the healing of that cartalidge. The ears to a dog or cat aren't very thick, in fact they're usually thinner than humans. While Leah would be much larger than a normal dog/wolf, I can't see her ears getting thick enough to completely lose the earring stud, especially being the smallest of the "mature" wolves.

:p Oh, and I wish my piercings would close because darn it I've been without earrings for eight years and it still hasn't happened!
Hmm. That's actually a good point. Didn't think of it that way.
BrandOfHeroine
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by BrandOfHeroine »

Yay! New thread! Anyways, I have another question.
Do you think that maybe it would be cool if SM wrote a prequel to Twilight? Like, the life before meeting Bella?
This will hopefully be in the Series Guide. I really hope so.
So, what do you think a book like this would contain? I think it would be awesome knowing more stuff about them.
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

http://stepheniesays.livejournal.com/20266.html

^^Stephenie says she's not interested in writing prequels in that Question & Answer session. I really wish she was though, it would be fascinating, though everything Twilight is fascinating to me. Nothing between the dashes should be read by MS Virgins -----------------Edward mentions in passing that they had to leave Calgary immediately when Maria found Jasper there, I would love to hear that story.-----------------------------
Last edited by who_needs_fangs? on Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
Adrienne
Learning to Love Green

Post by Adrienne »

BrandOfHeroine wrote:Yay! New thread! Anyways, I have another question.
Do you think that maybe it would be cool if SM wrote a prequel to Twilight? Like, the life before meeting Bella?
This will hopefully be in the Series Guide. I really hope so.
So, what do you think a book like this would contain? I think it would be awesome knowing more stuff about them.
I think since Stephenie already mentioned that she won't be doing any prequels at all since they're are too many other stories to tell (I really want to hear a Leah or Bree's story which she did mention she will do). I think everything might be explained in Guide.

I'm mad bc they keep changing the date :cry:

You know you are too into Twilight when you look at your husband and think

"Dammit, why don't you sparkle?"
heart_slayer_82
Settled in Forks

Post by heart_slayer_82 »

shatarah wrote:
who_needs_fangs? wrote:First on the shiny new Q&A! I asked this on the last thread right before it had to be locked...

I was musing recently when I thought of something...

You know how when you don't wear earrings for a long time, your piercing closes? Well, when Leah turned into a wolf, I imagine that every time she lost control - which seems to be rather often for the young ones - wouldn't the earrings pop out? If that happened to me, I would give up wearing jewelry at all. Her piercing would have closed quite quickly because of the wolf healing. And she can't pierce her ears again until she's stopped phasing. How long until Leah can wear earrings again?
I would think that the earrings would stay in place. Because the object would prevent the healing of that cartalidge. The ears to a dog or cat aren't very thick, in fact they're usually thinner than humans. While Leah would be much larger than a normal dog/wolf, I can't see her ears getting thick enough to completely lose the earring stud, especially being the smallest of the "mature" wolves.

:p Oh, and I wish my piercings would close because darn it I've been without earrings for eight years and it still hasn't happened!
But the ear lobe isn't cartalidge, it's just skin. That would be interesting because wolfs/dogs/cats (except some breeds) all have cartalidge in their whole ear. So would the cartalidge form around the earring, being a solid object, push it out or form over the earring?

Heart
shatarah
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by shatarah »

heart_slayer_82 wrote:
shatarah wrote: I would think that the earrings would stay in place. Because the object would prevent the healing of that cartalidge. The ears to a dog or cat aren't very thick, in fact they're usually thinner than humans. While Leah would be much larger than a normal dog/wolf, I can't see her ears getting thick enough to completely lose the earring stud, especially being the smallest of the "mature" wolves.

But the ear lobe isn't cartalidge, it's just skin. That would be interesting because wolfs/dogs/cats (except some breeds) all have cartalidge in their whole ear. So would the cartalidge form around the earring, being a solid object, push it out or form over the earring?

Heart
Where the piercing *should* be located, there is a thin layer of cartilage. It's what gives our ears shape and in the case of earrings, it's a weak but still present support. The layer of cartilage that is located in the ear is easily broken/pierced.

I would assume though, from a healing perspective that it wouldn't be any different than how it tries to heal with the normal healing of an animal or human. Our healing doesn't try to overlap the earrings or piercings.

From the standpoint of Leah though, I wouldn't see why she'd keep piercings. They'd get in the way especially if they get caught on something or by something she's hunting. In addition, she doesn't like to be seen different than the rest of her pack and that certainly would be another reminder that she is a girl - and in her mind genetically dead - in a task that was suppose to be for the men only.
hse_bldr
Settled in Forks

Post by hse_bldr »

Run away from the moose deer.
hrtwilight
Settled in Forks

Post by hrtwilight »

This is my first time posting a question and I don't know if this question has already been asked but in Eclipse in Fire and Ice What is Jacob/Edward talking about when Edward says "Yes I'm jealous of that too"
Jacob responds by saying that He thought so and that it kind of evens up the playing field.
shatarah
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by shatarah »

hrtwilight wrote:This is my first time posting a question and I don't know if this question has already been asked but in Eclipse in Fire and Ice What is Jacob/Edward talking about when Edward says "Yes I'm jealous of that too"
Jacob responds by saying that He thought so and that it kind of evens up the playing field.
Jacob is fantasizing about physical relationships with Bella leading up to and including this comment.

Edward is jealous of the fact that should Bella choose Jacob over him, Jacob could provide her with a physical love that Edward could not. He wishes that he could have that type of a relationship with Bella but he cannot afford mistakes like that because he could kill her without intending to.