General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Twilight Saga Q&A #3

Post by Lunna-san »

navarre wrote:If you could give one character or one couple an alternate ending in BD, who would it be? What would it be? And most importantly - Why?
Like the other people posted before, Leah & Irina.

Leah because her story is so sad. I don't like her, but I wished I could see her free from all the supernatural stuff that ruined her life. I wished to read that she met some really nice guy (human) and moved on with her life.

And Irina... it was so tragic. She was in deep grief and she just died in a stupid, horrible way. I think when she saw Renesmee, she was probably washed by guilt. I know she was damned the second she ran to the Volturi. But I wished she at least, had a chance to start over. But, again, as someone said before. If she's now somewhere with Laurent, maybe she isn't so bad, you know? For me, a loss is a loss. And Irina died too soon.
therealmrswhitlock
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by therealmrswhitlock »

TwilightFan86 wrote:I have two new questions that I would like to ask:

1.) When Edward leaves Bella in New Moon, he takes with him the photographs of him that are in Bella's scrapbook. But we also know that Bella sent a copy of all of her pictures to her mom, which "coincidentally" Edward offered to mail for her on the same day that he left her. So, do you think that he would have opened the envelope and taken out all of the pictures of him before he mailed it? Do you think that was his true motive for offering to mail it for her in the first place?

2.) When Edward sees the smashed up stereo in Bella's room that she ripped out of her truck, do you think it hurt him to see that? I just thought it was odd that he made a joke out of it, and I was disappointed in general that S.Meyer brushed it off as a joke. I thought it was tragic when Bella was so heartbroken that she literally clawed that thing out of her dashboard to the point where her "fingers were bloody". You would think that seeing it would make Edward realize how much Bella was hurt, and you would think that it would break his heart. So my question is...do you think he was hiding his true feelings by making a joke out of it? Was he really hurt by seeing it? Or do you think that S. Meyer just wanted to keep things light and decided not to go in that direction?
1) I never thought about that before, but I bet he kept them with him. So yes, his motive for offering to mail them was to keep them from being mailed.

2) I know it hurt him to see that. And he would've known she bled on it--he'd smell it. So it hurt him that he knew she was in so much pain that she clawed it out of the dash.
Left my heart on the Gen Y thread....<3 my Lexily!
How could anyone say no to this face? Awww....
cami009
Settled in Forks

Post by cami009 »

I was just on BN.com and noticed that they have a listing for Breaking Dawn (Hardcover) that is available for Pre-Order. It is coming out on Aug 4th. It doesn't have any product details though. All the other usual formats are out for the book (like the large print edition, audio and spanish language), and it doesn't say special edition like the slipcover release of Twilight. So I guess my question is...does anyone know what this is about?

Me and my friends believe that it may contain extra information, like of an upcoming book release that we were all waiting for... but we really don't know for sure.

Any info?
tricia
Learning to Love Green

Post by tricia »

Bellsuz wrote:tricia, akire...Leah would be the one I want to know more about as well. Probably because of the fact that you mentioned...it's so open for her. I would like to know how she deals with hearing Sam's thoughts and such. Maybe seeing Leah in the future while she's out on her own in a new pack but flashing back to her past with Sam/Emily/the rest of the pack.

But I guess that wouldn't really be a new ending to her story...it could be a whole new story, which would be awesome!

That would make a great stand alone book, Leah is one character that we know just enough about, but her own story would be great. I would love to see what happens to her.
"Her existence alone was excuse enough to justify the creation of the entire world."

And, by the way, I adore you... in frightening, dangerous ways.
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

cami009 wrote:I was just on BN.com and noticed that they have a listing for Breaking Dawn (Hardcover) that is available for Pre-Order. It is coming out on Aug 4th. It doesn't have any product details though. All the other usual formats are out for the book (like the large print edition, audio and spanish language), and it doesn't say special edition like the slipcover release of Twilight. So I guess my question is...does anyone know what this is about?

Me and my friends believe that it may contain extra information, like of an upcoming book release that we were all waiting for... but we really don't know for sure.

Any info?
Whoa. No I haven't heard anything about that. I'll go there and see whats going on.
Thanks, cami009.

Okay, I went to the website and where I do see a release date of 8/4/2009, I am wondering if that is not a typo.
I saw nothing out of the ordinary with the advertisement, but who knows.

One thing I did was to listen to SM's interview on Eclipse. She stated that the fourth installment(not named at that time) would be the end of Bella's story, BUT NOT THE END OF THESE STORIES. She felt that there were other stories to be told. I had forgotten about that interview. I truly hope that in light of everything that has happened since that interview, which, btw, she mentioned finishing MS, that she will continue these stories about our beloved characters. I really need The Book That Shall Not Be Named to be completed and then she can pick up and continue this Saga from another angle, of course. ;)
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

navarre wrote: I really need The Book That Shall Not Be Named to be completed and then she can pick up and continue this Saga from another angle, of course. ;)
ME TOO ME TOOO ME TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. And I love calling It TBTSNBN rather than Dark High Noon.

Also... I have a fairly simple question. In rereading Eclipse I noticed the part at the party when Alice said told Jacob the number of newborns was changing, that it was declining. She said they would learn why later... and maybe I missed it but when did they learn why?

Was this because the newborns kept killing each other?

Image Image Image
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

That's exactly it, akire.

Remember when Jane was questioning Bree? Bree wasn't sure how many there were, and mentioned that two of the group got into a fight...
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

We need a Ask Ringswraith..... thread. :lol:
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

navarre wrote:We need a Ask Ringswraith..... thread. :lol:
LOL. You flatter me with your praise. :oops:

Actually, if there was such a thread, it should include who_needs_fangs. :)
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

ringswraith wrote:
navarre wrote:We need a Ask Ringswraith..... thread. :lol:
LOL. You flatter me with your praise. :oops:

Actually, if there was such a thread, it should include who_needs_fangs. :)
We need to set up that trivia corner!
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|