General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Re: Anyalysing the XY thread - for XX only

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

Gimpy, while a good number of girls liked the movie, I can't say I was one of them. In the words of Navarre, "It sucked big freaking weenies." Catherine Hardwicke and Melissa Rosenburg just butchered it. I didn't like the way they handled the cafeteria scene, but I liked the casting, the actors playing the Cullens are all talented and seem to understand the role. During the meadow scene I was waiting for the sparkling, then K-Stew says, "You're beautiful" and I hear a humming in the background, and I realized he already was. Kristen Stewart's hyperventilating during major scenes annoyed the crap out of me, and don't even get me started on the stu-stu-stu-stuttering. It took everything I had not to channel the Ancient Booer from The Princess Bride.

PM a mod saying you want the Twilight Guy rank, Ractor.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
Mrs. Jasper Hale
Lusting for Blood

Post by Mrs. Jasper Hale »

Cody: I love the movie, but as others have said, I love it as a completely seperate thing from the books! None of the characters are how I pictured them but I think everyone in the cast, apart from Kristen, did a wonderful job! Don't get me started on Kristen because it won't end! The sparkling scene was my least favorite in the movie! I mean yeah we all know the Rob can sweat but vampires can't! To me, it looked like he was sweating not sparkling! Besides I am around diamonds all the time so I know what they look like and that isn't what they look like! Ok I will stop rambling now!

Naureen: Channel your Ancient Booer girl!
"Forged in war, born of death, saved by love." -Jackson Rathbone on Jasper Hale
ImageImage
Twilight Mafia- Roxy Bengaza
twilightsagaaddict
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by twilightsagaaddict »

I posted a similar answer on another thread, but wanted to post here too...

My initial opinion of the movie was that is was "ok". I had read the first 2 books, then saw the film ( I only started the series in Dec and didn't really pay attention when the movie was coming out-boy, was I for a surprise! Who knew you could get so addicted to fast? ;) ).
I've since seen the movie more times than I want to count, and read the series a "few" times. I completely agree that a movie will never be as good as the book (i.e. Harry Potter). I appreciate that they tried to keep as many lines as in movie, but they just didn't capture the feel of the book, or of Edward and Bella's relationship. I wish they had been able to convey more of their passion; instead, they always seemed to angry at each other.

But that won't stop me from buying the DVD! :lol:
Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

who_needs_fangs? wrote:Gimpy, while a good number of girls liked the movie, I can't say I was one of them. In the words of Navarre, "It sucked big freaking weenies." Catherine Hardwicke and Melissa Rosenburg just butchered it. I didn't like the way they handled the cafeteria scene, but I liked the casting, the actors playing the Cullens are all talented and seem to understand the role. During the meadow scene I was waiting for the sparkling, then K-Stew says, "You're beautiful" and I hear a humming in the background, and I realized he already was. Kristen Stewart's hyperventilating during major scenes annoyed the crap out of me, and don't even get me started on the stu-stu-stu-stuttering. It took everything I had not to channel the Ancient Booer from The Princess Bride.

PM a mod saying you want the Twilight Guy rank, Ractor.

I'm sorry, I just had to comment on the Princess Bride reference. Go you!!!!! Best. Movie. Ever.

As for the movie, I found Kristen Stewart to be utterly irritating. I've seen her in other movies, and she was exactly the same. Her halting, faltering speech was contrived and out of place, and her delivery was totally dead, no matter what she was saying. I thought Alice came off a little fake, and don't even get me started on Jasper. However, Emmett - well, Emmett saved the movie for me.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Darn right, Princess Bride was awesome!
Why is it that people consider Kristen Stewart so talented? I honestly cannot understand it.
Mrs. Jasper Hale
Lusting for Blood

Post by Mrs. Jasper Hale »

I hear you Naureen! I saw her in the Messengers and she was ok but nothing to rave over! I have never liked her! I just don't understand!
"Forged in war, born of death, saved by love." -Jackson Rathbone on Jasper Hale
ImageImage
Twilight Mafia- Roxy Bengaza
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Kyrie wrote:My guess would be that you need a genetic makeup similar to that of humans, likely within hominin range.
Vampire chimps! That would be... interesting.
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

who_needs_fangs? wrote:Darn right, Princess Bride was awesome!
Why is it that people consider Kristen Stewart so talented? I honestly cannot understand it.
Man, neither can I. That would be a stretch.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
dopeydm
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by dopeydm »

Okay, I have to reply to the whole....swimming and eating fish, sharks, whales etc....

Images of Edward attached to the side of a whale are stuck in my head. But I have a question.....if a vampire feed on a whale (Blue Whale is the one in mind), would they be able to drink all of the blood at once? SM never talks about elephants or anything like that, but in MS, it talks about being bloated with too much blood.
Another question comes to mind, if the vampire doesn't kill the animal, would it then turn vampiric?
"But you see, just because we've been...dealt a certain hand...it doesn't mean that we can't choose to rise above -- to conquer the boundaries of a destiny that none of us wanted."
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

PFFT! A day and a half is nothing! This thread hasn't had a single post for more than twice that!