General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Analyzing the XY thread - for XX only

Post by Alphie »

One of the guys in the XY thread suggested this thread for us girls, and I think it's a great idea. So here is how this will work. Ladies - those of you reading the XY thread - and I KNOW there are lots of you - you must pick a comment from the XY thread to discuss. Copy it or summarize it and credit the author so we can all find it and then we get to discuss it without bothering the guys. But the comment MUST come from the guys thread. I don't want this thread turning into a free for all. If it does, we will shut this down. This can only be used to discuss what is going on over there in the guys thread.

A few addendums... I think this goes without saying, but guys, you can't post in here.

And please no short posts celebrating the fact that the ladies have their own thread.
edward4ever
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Anyalysing the XY thread - for XX only

Post by edward4ever »

Wow! I love the way SenorGimp's mind works. Especially the part I have highlighted. When I read what he would have said if he were Edward, my heart started melting (I'm a chick, afterall, who wouldn't!) and then he wrote "...or whatever." :lol: I cracked up lauging! He just said something so beautiful and eloquent and then just dismisses it with a wave of his hand! :lol:
Re: For XY Discussion Only!! by SenorGimp on Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:33 pm wrote:

I agree that there was never any abuse, physically, but occasionally, although certainly unintentionally, Edward did say some things and do some things that could have left serious marks on Bella's emotions, just in the way he said really belittling things to her upon occasion, and assumed that it was okay, because he was not trying to be patronizing, just pointing out a definite fact, but no boyfriend should say things like, "you could never understand the depth of my love for you", because that is, as i see it, totally belittling, it would be more fitting for you to say "I am constantly amazed, every single day, with the incredible love I feel for you, and its endless ability to grow with each cherished moment I spend with you." or whatever.
You just can't say things that take away from the equality of the love you share, because that makes it seem like you feel that your love is one-sided, and to disregard the intensity of her love for you by saying yours for her is so much more amazing, well, that doesn't really promote the best atmosphere for love to be shared, more that it is only given...
i'm not sure whether that's valid, well, i think it very much is, but i could be wrong.
and i don't necessarily qualify that as abuse by any means, just a little bit too much arrogance and failure to think before you speak or fully analyze the situation...
those are my thoughts on it...
Edward's Honeymoon Night Extra
Honeymoon Night Extra
Two feather pillows--$75
One headboard--$220
Spending 17 days alone on Isle Esme with Edward Cullen--PRICELESS!
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3
Official Dog Lover!
Location: Barackling out with Bri and Brits, while making newbieness banners. Also trying out postahol.

Post by Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 »

edward4ever wrote:Wow! I love the way SenorGimp's mind works. Especially the part I have highlighted. When I read what he would have said if he were Edward, my heart started melting (I'm a chick, afterall, who wouldn't!) and then he wrote "...or whatever." :lol: I cracked up lauging! He just said something so beautiful and eloquent and then just dismisses it with a wave of his hand! :lol:
Re: For XY Discussion Only!! by SenorGimp on Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:33 pm wrote:

I agree that there was never any abuse, physically, but occasionally, although certainly unintentionally, Edward did say some things and do some things that could have left serious marks on Bella's emotions, just in the way he said really belittling things to her upon occasion, and assumed that it was okay, because he was not trying to be patronizing, just pointing out a definite fact, but no boyfriend should say things like, "you could never understand the depth of my love for you", because that is, as i see it, totally belittling, it would be more fitting for you to say "I am constantly amazed, every single day, with the incredible love I feel for you, and its endless ability to grow with each cherished moment I spend with you." or whatever.
You just can't say things that take away from the equality of the love you share, because that makes it seem like you feel that your love is one-sided, and to disregard the intensity of her love for you by saying yours for her is so much more amazing, well, that doesn't really promote the best atmosphere for love to be shared, more that it is only given...
i'm not sure whether that's valid, well, i think it very much is, but i could be wrong.
and i don't necessarily qualify that as abuse by any means, just a little bit too much arrogance and failure to think before you speak or fully analyze the situation...
those are my thoughts on it...
OMDE! SenorGimp truly is awesomest twi guy around! I'm glad we have this forum! NO BOYS ALLOWED! :lol: JUust like a 2nd grade treehouse club... :lol:
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

Are you guys serious? This is thread to discuss what the guys discuss on their thread? :shock:

I guess now I can say that I've seen a bit of everything. :lol:

Nothing against, ladies. But this is kind of weird. But this is just me. :?
Last edited by Lunna-san on Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperVixen
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by SuperVixen »

Hmm maybe its more a place to reply to something you see in the guy thread since girls arent' allowed to post there?

I think SenorGimp had some valid points. There were times when I was reading and thought there were some unhealthy signs in their relationship. Then again this is fantasy and the choices Bella makes are not ones anyone in real life would have to make, since Edward is a Vampire. SM said this somwhere on her site. Hopefully no young girls model their life after Bella. 18 and married + pregnant isn't the best way to be most of the time.
Nothing said Happy Valentine’s Day like a big shiny &%@* unicorn
~*teamswitzerland*~
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by ~*teamswitzerland*~ »

Goldeneye wrote:Cannot Believe I missed the Car question I am a total Car Freak one of my fav part of twilight was finding out everyones cars

Right Now I Drive an 06 BMW 325i In Silver -http://sandiegoautogallery.com/thumb.ph ... 590243.jpg
its a pretty sweet ride and Love it since its sorta like a vamp car hehe stylish and speedy. Its my everyday Edward car lol

My Ideal vamp car which would be like edward's vanquish would be one of the options below

Audi R8 - http://www.gtspirit.com/uploads/images/ ... s_tdi1.jpg
or
Maserati GT S - http://stylemens.typepad.com/photos/unc ... rati_h.jpg
top speed 295 ::drools on keyboard::
i just wanted to say, the Audi R8 is a BEAUT! *drool*

i wonder if any of the guys from the XY thread are reading this thread...
Taylor Lautner. (drool.) That is all. :)
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

No offense, but this this thread has a huge potential for disaster. What if the XY thread starts analyzing the analysis the XX thread gives it? Start of a vicious cycle...
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3
Official Dog Lover!
Location: Barackling out with Bri and Brits, while making newbieness banners. Also trying out postahol.

Post by Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 »

:lol: :lol: True. Then an XX thread on analysing the XX thread by the XY thread. TOO MANY XS!!! :lol:
ShinyNewVolvoOwner
Settled in Forks

Post by ShinyNewVolvoOwner »

haha I think it's safe to say that there are some guys reading this thread...I was just reading the XY thread and that's how I found about about this one!! :lol: Talk about vicious circles...

What I've noticed about the guys is that they all seem to like Alice the best. I would've thought that they'd like Rosalie hands down because she is the super model type, I guess they're all into the pixie cut lol. ;)

Anyway, the point to my post is: Why do you ladies think that they tend to like Alice the best?
and so the lion fell in love with the lamb...
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

Substance over appearance?
Just because they're guys doesn't mean that looks are all that matter.
Rose has substance, we just don't find out until the sequels, Alice makes a much better first impression.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|