General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
teamedward-x3
Settled in Forks

Re: Renaming the Characters

Post by teamedward-x3 »

I think that Stephenie Meyer chose great names for the characters....they all really suit them. I know loads of people thought the name Renesmee was silly, but i think its a beautiful name, perfect for her...i looked it up...it means: reborn and loved...

renaming...hmmm :? thats hard...
maybe Esme could be Lily... :?
Seth...err...Alex, Josh, Kit?
Dunno about Jacob...it really suits him....
Rosalie...Lola...?
I think Edwards perfect...cant think of one that's be better ;)
Bella,Bella, Bella....at first i thought it was a bit of weird name, and that it should have been Izzie, but then I read it and realised it suited her perfectly.

x :) x
IloveAliceCullen<3
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by IloveAliceCullen<3 »

Well, my first thought of the used names were:
Esme, hm, I never heard that before, I do recognize Esmée, but maybe that is because I am from the Netherlands and Esmée is too Dutch. But I love it, I love it as much as I love Esme herself!
Carlisle, well the first time I read this, I couldn't say it out loud. Weird! But yeah, we don't use that syllable in Dutch like Isle.
But, again, I love it, I really love the name Carlisle.
Emmett, what a stupid name, I thought. And I still do, I don't like this name, I would rename it to Mick or something. Something big and strong, Jason. Yeah I like Jason for a character like Emmett.
Rosalie, Oh my god, I LOVE THAT NAME. I love Rose and this is a perfect name for Rosalie, because she is so beautiful! But when I look to her personallity it doesn't match. Then I would say Nicole or Kelly. But I prefer Rosalie because she is as beautiful as a rose.
Jasper, yeah, like this one! Don't need to recall it either.
Alice, my first thought was like; why? why do you call your character Alice if she is so lovely and sweet? I see the name Alison as a more bitchy person, and Alice seems like Alison, so I didn't like it at the beginning because Alice isn't bitchy at all. But now I see Alice as a more mysterious and lovely name. I love Alice and when you rename her, she isn't Alice anymore.
Isabella, yeah, like it. Isabella is a name for a strong, independent and rational person. And she is like that person (most of time).
Edward, it sounds really WEIRD to me in the beginning. But I like it now, just like I love the other names (except Emmett) now. If you recall Edward or Bella, the story isn't so lovely and addicted as it is right now. Because Bella and Edward will be forever together.
Renesmee, my first thought was like; What? What do you call your DAUGTHER? I like it now, because Renesmee is different from others and she is unique. But I had an hard time in the beginning. No, I didn't like it, now I do. But I still don't like Nessie.
Jacob, no, don't like it. I like Jake, but I really hate Jacob.

Bella's name is most perfect to her character, like Esme is to hers.
Jasper is just a nice name like Rosalie is.
Emmett and Jacob are really horrible, I prefer Jason and Jake. But then you have three times "Ja" like Jasper, Jason & Jake, so I like Mick too.
Carlisle and Alice..Seems weird to me in the beginning but I love their names now. <3
And Renesmee will be strange but also unique just like Edward's name.
Damon and Elena, there is definetly love between them.

"There hadn't been butterflies in her stomach, there had been bats."

Damon's POV~ I will be I swear Surrender

rapid_reader1 is the best VFF ever!
topazeyes2
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by topazeyes2 »

I really don't like Renesmee I think it's sort of weird imagine being like in kindergarten and having to like spell that name that would be so horrible... But when you think about it they couldn't just name her like Olivia or something cause that would be too normal for what she is, it's the only name I don't like in the whole Twilight saga.
Image[/img]
Bulldozer Trainee at E.D.C. Go Emmett!!!
Jasper<3
Gone Fishing with Harry

Post by Jasper<3 »

But then again, Renesmee is pretty much a genius, and can probably spell her name by the end of Breaking Dawn...
List, Gnat ♥
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

I'm guessing she can if she was already reading Shakespeare and the like. :roll:
Why would she even be in Kindergarten? By the time she stops aging so quickly, she'll be ready to join the Cullens in high school, or may be even older.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

Sure... the real Renesmee didn't have trouble w/ her name... but what about the babies of obsessed Twilighters we talked about a bit ago? ;)

EDIT: See below...
Last edited by akire on Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Image Image Image
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

Take out that fictional! Dora Winifred Read managed, Renesmee should, too. :P That's right, I'm citing Arthur as proof of the possibilities!
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
\/Brittany\/
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Telling Jasper that Alice cheated on him...with a werewolf

Post by \/Brittany\/ »

who_needs_fangs? wrote:Take out that fictional! Dora Winifred Read managed, Renesmee should, too. :P That's right, I'm citing Arthur as proof of the possibilities!
OMJ Narnia! I watch Arthur every morning! And I'm 18! But it brings back the good ol' elementary days. Remember Alowicious Zimmerplotz? Haha!

I wouldn't change any of the names. I think Renesmee suits her for the individual she is. Anyways whenever I think of vampire names I always think of names from earlier generations, like Portia or Helen. One of Jasper's army members has the name Antoinette, which I think is awesome.
Team Bella: Have a Little Werewolf with Your Vampire
I have Twilightis *cough,cough* There is no cure
Jasper Hale laughs at your mood ring
JenTheWriter
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by JenTheWriter »

I've been rolling over the renaming of Edward in my head since my first attempt and I think I could see Edward being a Rob. lol I mean it's an easy transition. Or Robert, since Edward is a very old-fashioned name that I think Edward would go by Robert and not Rob. I can't remember did anyone called Edward "Eddie" in the books?

Carlisle -- Steve or Steven. (The actor reminds me of Steve Burton from General Hospital.)
Esme -- I agree with changing her to Lily. Very pretty.
Rosalie -- Margaret ... and everyone calls her Maggie.
Alice -- Katie. A very simple, pretty name.
Jasper -- Michael. I don't know why, but that just came to me. lol
"And if you ever kiss her again, I will break your jaw for her," he promised.
Team Edward, Alice and Cullen! Swoonist. Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3's brain twin!
JenTheWriter
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by JenTheWriter »

So ... remember way back when when I said that Edward if he had to be renamed it should be Logan, because it reminded me of Wolverine and his unending self-loathing? I was watching Twilight last night with the commentary from the director, Kristen and Rob ... and I learned that Rob's stunt double was named Logan. So kinda in a round about way -- Edward was briefly a Logan. lol I thought it was kind of funny and had to share.
"And if you ever kiss her again, I will break your jaw for her," he promised.
Team Edward, Alice and Cullen! Swoonist. Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3's brain twin!