General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
futurevampire
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Renaming the Characters

Post by futurevampire »

I have a friend named Eleanor, and she's more like Bella than Esme so that wouldn't fit for me, and there's already a Claire in the books.
There is no way I could rename Edward and Bella. Their names are too perfect together, it's literally like Romeo and Juliet for me. It's set in stone in my head, and cannot be changed.
Eleanor was pronouncing Alice 'Al-ees' when she first read the books, I have NO idea why. :roll:
And I was trying to teach my other friend the story line and who all the characters were because she's a really slow reader..she kept sticking and 'n' in Carlisle, now how do you manage that?? I swear she was saying it 'Carlinle.' Jeez.
Renesmee for me seems perfectly normal now. At first I was thinking, 'What the heck?? No.'
But I'm so used to it.
Although normally I just go with Nessie.
I've been pronouncing Aro 'arrow.' Oh no. :lol:
Edward and Bella Forever!!!<3 :: Lexicalia :: Team Esme!
Mafia: Natalia Gravano/Nat :: I'm on The List!! ~Marisa
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

i2foundu wrote:
Cullen_Lover wrote:I agree Renesmee is such a cute name! Love that way it sounds, one question though. Would Renesmee have an accent on the last e like Esmè? Cause I`m sure most people know that Esmè like Renè is pronounced Es-may so bacause Bella made her daughters name a mix of the two which both have accents on the last letter would Renesmee be pronounced Ren-ez-mee or Ren-ez-may???
I have to agree I was missing the accent on the last e. If the accent is going to be left out I just wish that it would have been spelled Renesmae.

What I think is funny is for most of us Renesmee is the name most likely to be changed in some way, but I would not be surprised in the next generation if it becomes a common name. Us twilight fans seem a little finatical like that...
OMG, hundreds of little Renesmees running around. Can you imagine hearing someone call that on the playground? My head would just whip around... "Edward?? Bella??"

Image Image Image
VampireAlternative
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by VampireAlternative »

akire wrote:
i2foundu wrote:
Cullen_Lover wrote:I agree Renesmee is such a cute name! Love that way it sounds, one question though. Would Renesmee have an accent on the last e like Esmè? Cause I`m sure most people know that Esmè like Renè is pronounced Es-may so bacause Bella made her daughters name a mix of the two which both have accents on the last letter would Renesmee be pronounced Ren-ez-mee or Ren-ez-may???
I have to agree I was missing the accent on the last e. If the accent is going to be left out I just wish that it would have been spelled Renesmae.

What I think is funny is for most of us Renesmee is the name most likely to be changed in some way, but I would not be surprised in the next generation if it becomes a common name. Us twilight fans seem a little finatical like that...
OMG, hundreds of little Renesmees running around. Can you imagine hearing someone call that on the playground? My head would just whip around... "Edward?? Bella??"
Yes I could see Renesmee becoming a common name. I have a friend that will name her son Edward. I really wouldn't be surprised if I get to know a real Renesmee, the daughter of a Twilighter. Or if I get the crazy idea to name my child with both of his/her mothers'/fathers' names mixed togheter. It's just an idea.......
"I then drink about five of these and I can deal with the world. Or the world can deal with a guy full of five cups of "coffee on demand"." - Gerard Way
Jasper<3
Gone Fishing with Harry

Post by Jasper<3 »

I can imagine all the characters with their actor's names, except for Peter/Carlisle, because Peter is just too common, and Kellan/Emmett because Kellan sounds a little too modern for when he was born.... But everyone else it works out ok. :]
List, Gnat ♥
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

VampireAlternative wrote: Yes I could see Renesmee becoming a common name. I have a friend that will name her son Edward. I really wouldn't be surprised if I get to know a real Renesmee, the daughter of a Twilighter. Or if I get the crazy idea to name my child with both of his/her mothers'/fathers' names mixed togheter. It's just an idea.......
Oh I can totally see it happening! I just was imagining my own reaction. "Edward" and "Isabella" are one thing... other people have been named that and when you "hear it on the playground" you can't assume they're Twi-related (Twi-lated, anyone? Is there a word for that?). But Renesmee on the other hand is totally unique to the saga. It would just be an interesting moment to meet the kid. :)

Image Image Image
VampireAlternative

akire wrote:
VampireAlternative wrote: Yes I could see Renesmee becoming a common name. I have a friend that will name her son Edward. I really wouldn't be surprised if I get to know a real Renesmee, the daughter of a Twilighter. Or if I get the crazy idea to name my child with both of his/her mothers'/fathers' names mixed togheter. It's just an idea.......
Oh I can totally see it happening! I just was imagining my own reaction. "Edward" and "Isabella" are one thing... other people have been named that and when you "hear it on the playground" you can't assume they're Twi-related (Twi-lated, anyone? Is there a word for that?). But Renesmee on the other hand is totally unique to the saga. It would just be an interesting moment to meet the kid. :)
I really would be! But the mother or the father of that child must really be a hardcore fan...My friend, the one that her son's name will be Edward, is one. Ever since she has read the saga, she swears Edward is the perfect name for her son. I dared her to name him like that and she took it seriously.
If ever she gets twins, her boyfriend would have to persuade her not to name the other boy Jacob or, if it's a girl, Isabella.
Even with that, it would be interesting to meet the parents of a Renesmee. And the child, too.
As you said, normal character names are...normal. But Renesmee, on the other hand....I can't wait to see if someone will ever make the big leap (By naming their child Renesmee)!!
"I then drink about five of these and I can deal with the world. Or the world can deal with a guy full of five cups of "coffee on demand"." - Gerard Way
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

There are some other names that are unique, they weren't originally created for the saga, but how many times have you met a Quil or an Aro?
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
VampireAlternative

who_needs_fangs? wrote:There are some other names that are unique, they weren't originally created for the saga, but how many times have you met a Quil or an Aro?
Yeah, I agree. Aro isn't exactly the kind of name you would call popular... :) All the characters are unique, and some really have unusual names. But that adds to the originality of thr character. I'm wondering, how did SM come up with names like Quil and Aro? Did she actually meet them? Because the most of her characters are people she knew in real life.
best_beating_heart
Frozen in Time

Post by best_beating_heart »

hmmm... maybe she did meet a Quil or an Aro.
i actually really like the names, i can see them being anything else.
i especially like Esme and Jasper.

i have a friend who would pronounce Carlisle this way:
"Car-liz-il"

TM~Maria Dina Corozzo
Teams:Alice, Emmett, Esme, Renesmee, Volturi~Athenodora, JCA~Aubrey Santi~SC
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

Carlizzle in the hizzle! Fo sho, yo. :lol:

I think she just got Quil off of Quileute.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|