Renaming the Characters

General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules

Re: Renaming the Characters

Postby TeamEdward1918 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:38 am

futurevampire wrote:There is no way I could rename Edward and Bella. Their names are too perfect together, it's literally like Romeo and Juliet for me. It's set in stone in my head, and cannot be changed.


I feel the exact same way. Edward and Bella...and that's it! lol

who_needs_fangs? wrote:Carlizzle in the hizzle! Fo sho, yo. :lol:

I think she just got Quil off of Quileute.


rofl :lol: That was awesome. There you go, making me laugh again!

I assumed Quil was derived from Quileute too.
I am a Twilighter with OCD
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side"
Image
E<3B
Edward Cullen: Volvos Never Looked So Good
User avatar
TeamEdward1918
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
 
Posts: 311
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:53 pm
Location: Wandering outside Forks looking for a certain house...

Re: Renaming the Characters

Postby VampireAlternative » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:19 am

I have a friend that would do that, too. And she would pronounce Leah like Lee.
Yeah, it's very logical to take Quil from Quileute.
I agree that the most of the names can not be changed.
Image
"I then drink about five of these and I can deal with the world. Or the world can deal with a guy full of five cups of "coffee on demand"." - Gerard Way
User avatar
VampireAlternative
Teaching Eric Social Graces
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:36 pm
Location: Somewhere...probably in Montreal.

Re: Renaming the Characters

Postby Jasper<3 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:20 pm

best_beating_heart wrote:i have a friend who would pronounce Carlisle this way:
"Car-liz-il"


My friend thought it was Charlise, like Shar-lees. :lol:
List, Gnat ♥
Image
User avatar
Jasper<3
Gone Fishing with Harry
 
Posts: 4875
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:00 pm
Location: Australia, looking for my Joker! <3

Re: Renaming the Characters

Postby readmymind » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:30 pm

akire wrote:Someone suggested Clarissa for Alice, which I like because it's uncommon and whimsical -- but at the same time I can't help thinking of Clarissa Explains it All. Anyone else old school like me?


I love Clarissa for Alice. And that was one of my fav. shows when i was younger.
Midnight Sun: She was dreaming of me. And it wasn't even a nightmare. She wanted me stay with her, there in the dream.--Edward Cullen
User avatar
readmymind
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
 
Posts: 521
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:18 am

Re: Renaming the Characters

Postby JenTheWriter » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:24 pm

*strokes imaginary evil beard* Rename them, you say?

Edward -- I can't! *whines* But if I had to it would be, uh, Cedric. No kidding. Logan. Why? Because that's Wolverine's name and he thinks he's a bad guy too, but he's all lovable. Hee hee.

Bella -- I still can't get into the name. I mean I like Isabella. I think I'd have renamed her Rachel.

Renesemee -- I'm sticking with my Remée that I suggested once in the EC -- bringing sexy back forum.

Jacob -- Hunter. Because he's Native American and doesn't have a very native name. Plus it's kind of a double entendre. He hunts vamps.

Emmett -- Adam. Emmett's into bears, which reminds me of Grizzly Adams. Hence, Adam.
"And if you ever kiss her again, I will break your jaw for her," he promised.
Image
Team Edward, Alice and Cullen! Swoonist. Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3's brain twin!
User avatar
JenTheWriter
Has Caught Sight of Edward
 
Posts: 1067
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:51 pm
Location: Moses Lake, Washington

Re: Renaming the Characters

Postby akire » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:57 pm

^^^Ooohh... I love the name Logan, but I would probably give it to Jasper b/c I refuse to even think about re-naming Edward. And I like Logan b/c of Veronica Mars.

And Rachel is a great alt name for Bella. I always picture a subtly beautiful brunette when I think of the name Rachel. Not sure why.
Image

Image Image Image
User avatar
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela
 
Posts: 976
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:03 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: Renaming the Characters

Postby Lunna-san » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:44 pm

JenTheWriter wrote:*strokes imaginary evil beard* Rename them, you say?

Edward -- I can't! *whines* But if I had to it would be, uh, Cedric. No kidding. Logan. Why? Because that's Wolverine's name and he thinks he's a bad guy too, but he's all lovable. Hee hee.

Bella -- I still can't get into the name. I mean I like Isabella. I think I'd have renamed her Rachel.

Renesemee -- I'm sticking with my Remée that I suggested once in the EC -- bringing sexy back forum.

Jacob -- Hunter. Because he's Native American and doesn't have a very native name. Plus it's kind of a double entendre. He hunts vamps.

Emmett -- Adam. Emmett's into bears, which reminds me of Grizzly Adams. Hence, Adam.


Oh, I loved your ideas! I love Logan! It's a good name. I didn't like Remée much, but I'm not fan of mixing names like that. It's simply weird. I thought Bella would name her daughter after some Jane Austen heroine, like Elizabeth, Emma, Catherine.
User avatar
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
 
Posts: 551
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:19 pm

Re: Renaming the Characters

Postby debussygirl » Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:38 pm

readmymind wrote:
akire wrote:Someone suggested Clarissa for Alice, which I like because it's uncommon and whimsical -- but at the same time I can't help thinking of Clarissa Explains it All. Anyone else old school like me?


I love Clarissa for Alice. And that was one of my fav. shows when i was younger.

I'm sorta old-school. I was like 6 when it was on, but I remember it!
I don't think I could do Clarissa for Alice though...probably because I don't like the name.
Image
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
User avatar
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies
 
Posts: 6978
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:10 pm
Location: preparing for next winter

Re: Renaming the Characters

Postby Jasper<3 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:53 pm

JEN! I <3's Wolverine!

I like all Jen's names, but I just can't imagine Edward as Logan... it makes me thing of Logs. :lol:
List, Gnat ♥
Image
User avatar
Jasper<3
Gone Fishing with Harry
 
Posts: 4875
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:00 pm
Location: Australia, looking for my Joker! <3

Re: Renaming the Characters

Postby JenTheWriter » Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:44 pm

Lunna -- I'm not a fan of combining names either, it was just a discussion we had in EC about how to have made the name better. If I had been Bella, I'd have probably named my daughter after Edward's birth mother. But that was me...

Jasper<3 -- ME too! *dies* (Plus, Hugh Jackman is completely hot as Wolverine!) And lmbo@Logs. Yeah, I mean I can't imagine Edward as anyone but Edward, but eh, why not give him a "superhero" to help with his "What if I'm not a superhero? What if I'm the bad guy?" complex.
"And if you ever kiss her again, I will break your jaw for her," he promised.
Image
Team Edward, Alice and Cullen! Swoonist. Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3's brain twin!
User avatar
JenTheWriter
Has Caught Sight of Edward
 
Posts: 1067
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:51 pm
Location: Moses Lake, Washington

PreviousNext

Return to Quench Your Thirst

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests