General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Total Twilight Fan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: The Quileutes ~A.K.A. The La Push Gang

Post by Total Twilight Fan »

ringswraith wrote:Assuming Jacob has a son (and there are vampires nearby), he will be the next Alpha. As you said, this considers bloodline only- the fact that Jacob essentially shirked his birthright does not mean it's no longer his to claim.

And even if Jacob had no sons, there are at least two others who could produce offspring that would trump Sam's son's claim to Alpha (Quil and Seth) by bloodline alone.
As a point, if Jacob's son (assuming Renesmee is the mother) was around Renesmee, is she enough of a vampire to make him phase into a werewolf?
::Team Jasper & Paul::
Sometimes life brings miracles, it brought me Twilight.
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

There's that, as well. Though it would probably be a moot point, considering that wherever Renesmee is, at least Bella and Edward would be- two full vampires that should be enough to trigger the phase.

Myself I've wondered if, seeing as any potential children would be brought up in a household of vampires, would their "gene" be triggered by the Cullens (i.e., would the "gene" still consider them a threat)?
best_beating_heart
Frozen in Time

Post by best_beating_heart »

I always thought that the gene would appear whether or not the vampires are threats. Like the gene won't be able to differentiate the two. It would just be "ooh, vampire" and turn on. So I think the gene would consider them a threat, even though the children won't.
Am I making sense? :?

TM~Maria Dina Corozzo
Teams:Alice, Emmett, Esme, Renesmee, Volturi~Athenodora, JCA~Aubrey Santi~SC
Total Twilight Fan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Total Twilight Fan »

best_beating_heart wrote:I always thought that the gene would appear whether or not the vampires are threats. Like the gene won't be able to differentiate the two. It would just be "ooh, vampire" and turn on. So I think the gene would consider them a threat, even though the children won't.
Am I making sense? :?
I get you, but surely, the person has to believe in order to make it unearth itself? Surely it cant just switch on?
::Team Jasper & Paul::
Sometimes life brings miracles, it brought me Twilight.
ringswraith

Post by ringswraith »

Total Twilight Fan wrote:I get you, but surely, the person has to believe in order to make it unearth itself? Surely it cant just switch on?
That's not true, because none of the Pack believed the legends until after they phased and learned the legends were real.
vampirenerd
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: In my fantasy world with Edward...and Jacob (why not?)

Post by vampirenerd »

I agree that Jacob's son would have the most right to the position of Alpha than a son of Sam only because, as was said, Sam's Alpha status was granted not inherited. It seems to me that the Alpha would stay within one family, that of Ephraim. Now this is all under the assumption that if Jacob had a son they would have the gene. I wonder if the fact that Nessie is half vamp would nullify the werewolf gene? If not then I do agree that they would change being around the Cullen's even if they didn't consider them a threat. The gene would consider them a threat and that would be enough to make them phase.
SunnySummerSunshine
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by SunnySummerSunshine »

I would like to remind people that my question orginated in the case that if Nessie wasn't the mother of Jacob's children.

Any way, has anyone ever considered that the gene wasn't triggered until the Victoria-James-Laurent incident? I mean the cullens were in Forks for two years and no one with the gene phased. Then after James' death and Victoria and Laurent lurking around the gene was triggered.
ringswraith

Post by ringswraith »

I don't believe that's correct- I'm pretty sure that Sam has already phased well before the nomads arrived in Forks. I don't have the information here to verify that, however. Perhaps someone else remembers this?
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

*Waves hi*
I went back and read up on the timeline of when Leah lost Sam. It seems that he phased sometime during the spring of summer of the year before Bella arrived. He was the only post-pubescent adult on the reservation at the time. This means that Sam was most likely triggered by the Cullens and not the nomads. The fact that the Quileutes hated the Cullens so much after two and a half years means that they saw them as a threat. Period.

As to the gene, physiological functions occure regardless of psychological factors. Once a receptor discerned the presence of an enemy, it would begin the genetic change. The process is automatic.
suzzeeQ
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by suzzeeQ »

Leah is supposedly infertile because she phases into a wolf and no longer has a period because her body has stopped changing. Using their physiology, the male wolves should be infertile as well. Their body temperatures are up to 108 degrees. Sperm can only survive when the temperature is a few degrees lower or higher depending on the core body temp. In normal men. The wolves body temps are nearly 10.5 degrees higher than normal men. Their body is too hot for the production of viable sperm. So the wolves should be infertile too.