General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Re: The Quileutes ~A.K.A. The La Push Gang

Post by Openhome »

And on that thread we brought out several issues with the reproductive organs. However, I would like to address the first and foremost issue I have: how do enzymes break apart vampire DNA? Enzymes don't usually work on stone. ;)

As to your question about sperm, perhaps they change too and become super sperm like vampires have. (Just pictured the little guys with capes *shudder*) Perhaps the key to the survival of the species is that part of the change creates sperm that are immune to the heat (which would be rather painful).
HarryTuttle
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by HarryTuttle »

LOL at the pseudo-scientific logic of vampire sperm.
vampirenerd
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: In my fantasy world with Edward...and Jacob (why not?)

Post by vampirenerd »

Openhome wrote:As to your question about sperm, perhaps they change too and become super sperm like vampires have. (Just pictured the little guys with capes *shudder*)
Ha ha, this reminds me of the Family Guy episode where Stewie goes to try to kill the sperm that he thinks is going to make his new little brother.
SunnySummerSunshine
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by SunnySummerSunshine »

How about a new question? :)

I'm not sure if its mentioned anywhere else, but I haven't come across it yet. It is mentioned that if the wolves stop phasing for a while, they'll be able to age normally, grow old, and may be even die of old age. If that is the case, does the wolves' other physiology remain? like the body heat and the tough skin and fast healing? What if they stop phasing for a while, age and need to phase again?
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

*Dons on Mod hat and clears throat* Hey all! Please excuse the discussion interruption. Since the La Push Gang have a big role in EC and in the movie, I just wanted to remind you all that our policy about Eclipse Movie spoilers can be found here. It's a bit complicated, what with the Premiere and early screenings happening this weekend and the proper release not till next Wednesday, so check it out before you post about the movie. Thanks for making the Lex spoiler free so we can all enjoy our movie experience!

Now back to your regular scheduled discussion.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
The girlie-wolf
Veggie-Vampire

Post by The girlie-wolf »

I have a queastion.... When after a solid time a werewolf stops phasing he can grow old... that's what Jacob said.
But I wonder... the heat and mucsels... the tough skin. Thry stay even after the wolf stops phasing?
Shai~ on the ListV2! ~Bunches of teams~ Team Quil-Alpha
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

I'm inclined to say yes. Because as we've heard about Taha Aki, just because you've stopped phasing doesn't mean you cannot phase at all anymore.
The girlie-wolf
Veggie-Vampire

But if you age it means that you somethings change. So why keep the heat? And he can phase again but it's not the same...Taha Aki was very weak as a wolf when he was older...
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

So? The shifters phase but they're not unchanging like vampires. They can still get cut, and bleed. They still eat normal food (copious amounts of it) and need to breathe. These things shouldn't be possible if they're unchanging.
The girlie-wolf
Veggie-Vampire

That's what I mean. They can change. They are not unchanging like vamps. So if they grow up and change physically and all, why would the heat and tough skin stay? They can phase afterwards but why would they? Taha Aki's case was different than the others. It was only because his son died and the rage phased him. But a person who starts aging and stops phasing made up his mind. He don't want anything to do with phasing now. So why should he be ready to phase every second, physically?