Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
mrs_megan_cullen
Settled in Forks

Re: The Quileutes ~A.K.A. The Boys of La Push

Post by mrs_megan_cullen »

dopeydm wrote:
I have a question.....
If you were a wolf, which Alpha would you attach yourself to?
Sam or Jacob
Jacob. Definitely. He seems like he would be a better alpha, simply because he's supposed to be the alpha of the ENTIRE La Push gang. Plus I love Seth.
*Team Edward*
"It sounded like you were having Bella for lunch, and we came to see if you would share." -Alice Cullen
http://s558.photobucket.com/albums/ss27 ... an_cullen/<<My original Twilight graphics...check them out!
mrs_megan_cullen
Settled in Forks

Re: The Quileutes ~A.K.A. The La Push Gang

Post by mrs_megan_cullen »

runswithwolves wrote:Thanks BHG!!

New question,
Do you think all of the pack will imprint?
I think most if not all of them will.
I agree. Maybe since they are one of the last wolf packs left, imprinting increases the chance that they will reproduce and pass along the werewolf gene.
*Team Edward*
"It sounded like you were having Bella for lunch, and we came to see if you would share." -Alice Cullen
http://s558.photobucket.com/albums/ss27 ... an_cullen/<<My original Twilight graphics...check them out!
vampirenerd
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: In my fantasy world with Edward...and Jacob (why not?)

Post by vampirenerd »

ringswraith wrote:
vampirenerd wrote:I don't remember but who is it that finally tells us vamp venom is fatal to werewolves. Was it Carlisle or Jacob? Or someone else

Gah I hate not having my books. I'm going to have to just start bringing them with me to work lol.
Bella does, after she goes ballistic on Jacob for the whole "Nessie" debacle.

But she doesn't specify who said it, if I recall correctly. It was more of a "They just told me" kind of thing.
See this would be good to know lol. If she heard it from Carlisle then it would explain why we didn't find out in Jacob's book. Guess we'll never know lol
thosevictoryhorizons
Settled in Forks

Post by thosevictoryhorizons »

vampirenerd wrote:
ringswraith wrote:
vampirenerd wrote:I don't remember but who is it that finally tells us vamp venom is fatal to werewolves. Was it Carlisle or Jacob? Or someone else

Gah I hate not having my books. I'm going to have to just start bringing them with me to work lol.
Bella does, after she goes ballistic on Jacob for the whole "Nessie" debacle.

But she doesn't specify who said it, if I recall correctly. It was more of a "They just told me" kind of thing.
See this would be good to know lol. If she heard it from Carlisle then it would explain why we didn't find out in Jacob's book. Guess we'll never know lol
I'm just going to randomly add something to this conversation...

I think the fact that venom was lethal to werewolves was always a understood but never spoken topic. And I think Bella first found this out via Carlise, Edward or Seth when she accidentaly broke Seth's shoulder.

(Pg 453-454 of BD)
(Seth) "'I mean, at least you didn't bite me or anything. That would've sucked.' I buried my face in my hands and shuddered at the thought, at the very real possibility. It could have happened so easily. And werewolves didn't react to vampire venom the same way humans did, they'd told me only now. It was poison to them."
EandB
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by EandB »

Everybody has other than Embry,Seth,Collin,and Brady.
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

So I was reading the Being Jacob Black extra on Stephenie Meyer's website again, and I noticed something. Apparently some of the Pack have special abilities- maybe not quite on the level as say Edward's mind-reading, but beyond normal for the shapeshifters.

We all know Leah is fast. Jacob's got good control. But the BJB extra also notes that Jared has excellent eyesight- Jacob says he's like a hawk and can "see for miles."

Makes me wonder if such abilities are coming out to "even the odds" with the vampires. :)
Danica
Wandering Through Town

Post by Danica »

hmmm. could be. after all they imprint to produce better shapeshifters. it may just be evolution helping them to adjust to their natural enemy.
To sleep, perchance to dream. Ay, there's the rub...
watch out the green imp is about....
EandB
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by EandB »

I have to read that.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

ringswraith wrote:So I was reading the Being Jacob Black extra on Stephenie Meyer's website again, and I noticed something. Apparently some of the Pack have special abilities- maybe not quite on the level as say Edward's mind-reading, but beyond normal for the shapeshifters.

We all know Leah is fast. Jacob's got good control. But the BJB extra also notes that Jared has excellent eyesight- Jacob says he's like a hawk and can "see for miles."

Makes me wonder if such abilities are coming out to "even the odds" with the vampires. :)
Maybe. It's an interesting idea, for sure, and it would be totally cool.

I'm more inclined to think that, like the transformation from human to vampire, you bring your strongest traits with you, only heightened.

Jacob was a pretty happy kid before any of this, pretty even-keeled. My guess is that he had great control over his emotions and temper anyway. Leah could have been a fast girl beforehand, and Jared may just have great eyesight. I guess what I'm trying to say is that they'd have to have a basis for that trait, IMO. Like Seth, he was probably pretty accepting before he changed, pretty open-minded, and then brought that in a heightened sense to his new experiences.

The vampires who don't have special abilities have their own special traits as well. Carlisle has his compassion, Emmett his strength, Esme her caring, loving, wonderfulness, and Rosalie her vanity and selfishness.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

That certainly sounds plausible. Sort of a parallel to how vampires take their strongest traits with them through the transformation.