General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
JAwriter
Settled in Forks

Re: Twilight Saga Q&A #4

Post by JAwriter »

ringswraith wrote: When I wrote my story I decided that they will bleed but only if they have blood in them (that is, have fed recently).

I really do like that idea.
ringswraith wrote:s for your other questions, I'm fairly certain they'd feel the physical pain (witness Riley's screams and cries whilst fighting Seth) and that it's certainly possible for Emmett and/or Jasper to hurt the other inadvertently. However, being vampires, unless they totally lose control, I'm guessing that they can exert just enough force to not cause actual injury.
Ok, that's what I figured. I just didn't want to write something totally off base. Obviously, vampires have the ability to tear limbs off of one another, so breaking bones would seem just as plausible. And I completely forgot about Riley's screams, so I guess that answers the pain question.

Thanks for the help!
Aimster
Settled in Forks

Post by Aimster »

Good Morning to all! I am brand new to this and I hope that I am posting this question in the right place. I have heard (and seen on Amazon.com) that Stephanie Meyer is releasing "The Twilight Saga: Official Guide". Does anyone know if this is true and if it is, does anyone know the release date?

Thanks bunches and if I am in the wrong place, I apologize! :)
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Aimster wrote:Good Morning to all! I am brand new to this and I hope that I am posting this question in the right place. I have heard (and seen on Amazon.com) that Stephanie Meyer is releasing "The Twilight Saga: Official Guide". Does anyone know if this is true and if it is, does anyone know the release date?

Thanks bunches and if I am in the wrong place, I apologize! :)

Aimster~ welcome! Yes, it is true, but the release date is up in the air. There was talk that it would be released this fall (fall of 09), then the release was moved to spring 2010. Then, last I heard, the date was moved to June of 2010. Best option at this point might be to order it from Borders via preorder and then they'll send it as soon as it's published.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

I think they are waiting until the movies are set so that there isn't any info in the book that contradicts the movie. It's been on pre-order at Amazon for about 6 months now. :x
chowzinha
Learning to Love Green

Post by chowzinha »

Hi there,

I have a little question...

I've read the saga a coulpe of times, and it seems that there is another loop hole in the story...

In BD, it is said that Demetri cannot track Bella due to her shielding abilities, however, James was able to track her, right?
Actually, I'm not even sure if James tracked her or not, since the book indicates that he finds out where Bella is by collecting information about her, and nothing is said about tracking. (But in the movie, there is a scene where he actually tracks Bella).

I'm confused.

Can a tracker track Bella or not? Did James track Bella or not?
dopeydm
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by dopeydm »

Wow, interesting question. There may be more answers, but here are mine.

I believe in the movie, James is tracking her via scent and not through his tracking abilities.

I don't know if you can consider that he tracked her in the books. He went to Florida based on what Victoria found out at the school. Then, he called her to him and not the other way around.
"But you see, just because we've been...dealt a certain hand...it doesn't mean that we can't choose to rise above -- to conquer the boundaries of a destiny that none of us wanted."
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

He did track through scent. James only tracked the Cullens until he discovered that Bella had escaped him. He then went to the school to find her house in PHOENIX and trapped her there. Everything he used came from either the Cullens or from information gathered through conventional sources.
egaeci
Learning to Love Green

Post by egaeci »

Someone mentioned something about pancakes (?) and a few other mistakes in BD, and I didn't get it. Can someone explain please? :roll:
chowzinha
Learning to Love Green

Post by chowzinha »

Ok, so James did not track her using his abilities....

So, really, it was just a HUGE fuss over nothing, since James theoretically cannot track Bella...

But shouldn't Edward had known? He could read James mind, they were close enough for Edward to find out that James wasn't being able to use his tracking abilities, right?

BTW, how does tracking work? Not once in the book some is tracked by someone....
egaeci
Learning to Love Green

Post by egaeci »

chowzinha wrote:Ok, so James did not track her using his abilities....

So, really, it was just a HUGE fuss over nothing, since James theoretically cannot track Bella...

But shouldn't Edward had known? He could read James mind, they were close enough for Edward to find out that James wasn't being able to use his tracking abilities, right?

BTW, how does tracking work? Not once in the book some is tracked by someone....
I think that even if they knew that James couldn't use his super mind tracking abilities, they would still have to run, since James was so obsessed with the hunt that he would stop for nothing. That is, using all the "normal" ways to track a person that he could - which eventually also led him to Bella.

I think it says somewhere about Demetri that he catches the "tenor" of a persons mind, whereas James is described to have unparallelled senses (could be an expression for the same thing, although weaker than Demetri's).