General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
AliLovesEdward
Settled in Forks

Re: Jacob and Nessie

Post by AliLovesEdward »

I really don't want to see them as a couple. But I think Jacob would not do that too Bella. He would be more like a big brother to Nessie. Although sometimes I think he gets annoying about it. he should let Bella and Edward do what they think is right. Like how he would not let Bella see Nessie. I thought that was annoying because she's Bella's daughter.
SpecifyingWolf
Settled in Forks

Post by SpecifyingWolf »

It might seem a little creepy, but as soon as you knew there was a potential for Bella's offspring, of course Jacob would imprint! He wasn't meant to be with Bella, or he would have imprinted on her originally. But he loves Bella, maybe innately because he saw in her so many qualities that his eventual soul mate would have. Plus, since Renesmee is genetically more like Jacob, we can presume that she is a better candidate for reproduction of werewolves. And SM couldn't leave heartbroken Jacob for all eternity. He had to find his match, and if it weren't Bella, who else would readers have settled for? (I mean, not that they seem to be settled with Renesmee either, it's just the lesser of two evils) :twisted:
I'm marrying my Airman soon!
skb0364
Settled in Forks

Post by skb0364 »

Is it possible that Jacob kinda forced himself to imprint subconciously? Like he wanted Bella so much he saw what he loved in her in Nessie? Can that happen? Or did it talk about that and I'm just silly...
Jazz<3Jasper
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Jazz<3Jasper »

skb0364 wrote:Is it possible that Jacob kinda forced himself to imprint subconciously? Like he wanted Bella so much he saw what he loved in her in Nessie? Can that happen? Or did it talk about that and I'm just silly...
No I am pretty sure its not possible, I'm not even sure he realized it right away.
"No problem. You want me to be all doom and gloom, or just shut up?"
"Just shut up."
"Can do."
"Really? Doesn't seem like it."
-Jake and Seth
<333333333
Team Jasper, he can snap at me anyday.
ashleygill03
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by ashleygill03 »

I find it thoroughly disturbing that Jacob would imprint on a baby. I was actually holding out for Jacob and Leah. But, I agree that it would be nice to see how the relationship between Nessie and Jacob plays out. I really wish Stephenie would continue with the series so we can see Nessie, in particular, grow.
Leah_says
Wandering Through Town

Post by Leah_says »

I wish Jacob didn't imprint on Nessie. It's just so disturbing that Jacob and Bella had a strong relationship and Bella knew that if Edward didn't exist, she and Jacob would end up together. And now he imprints on her child! Gross.

He could have imprinted on anybody, and it had to be his former lover's child! What's he going to say to her when she grows up? "Hey, I made out with your mom and imagined her naked. But it's okay, I'll just have you."

I'm Edward/Bella all the way, but I love Jacob too. He deserves to have happiness, but did it have to be with Nessie?
Jazz<3Jasper
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Jazz<3Jasper »

ashleygill03 wrote:I find it thoroughly disturbing that Jacob would imprint on a baby. I was actually holding out for Jacob and Leah. But, I agree that it would be nice to see how the relationship between Nessie and Jacob plays out. I really wish Stephenie would continue with the series so we can see Nessie, in particular, grow.
I understand how you would feel disturbed by Jacob imprinting on Messie when she is so young, but you just have to remember that he isnt really in love with her at this stage of their relationship, they are just best buds, cause thats all that Nessie needs is a best friend... although I think it would be weird for Nessie to just wake up oneday and realixe omg Im in love with Uncle Jake, then I would feel bad for Nessie.
"No problem. You want me to be all doom and gloom, or just shut up?"
"Just shut up."
"Can do."
"Really? Doesn't seem like it."
-Jake and Seth
<333333333
Team Jasper, he can snap at me anyday.
SpecifyingWolf
Settled in Forks

Post by SpecifyingWolf »

skb0364 wrote:Is it possible that Jacob kinda forced himself to imprint subconciously? Like he wanted Bella so much he saw what he loved in her in Nessie? Can that happen? Or did it talk about that and I'm just silly...
He can't force himself to imprint. He tried with those random girls in the park to try and get over Bella and he couldn't. It's not something you force.
I'm marrying my Airman soon!
starmie_alice_holter
Wandering Through Town
Location: Hoping Cookie Monster does not find Edward's jacket in the closet...

Post by starmie_alice_holter »

In no way did I find this sick or weird or strange. I thought it was great. Since imprinting isn't exactly romance, romance, romance I thought there was nothing wrong with it. It just means that Nessie has a lifelong friend and guardian. Plus, she likes him, too so everything is all good.
"I won't take back my word. That's my way of the ninja."- Uzumaki Naruto.

It just kills me that we here in the little Caribbean are not able to get our grubby little paws on any of that cool Twilight stuff....Hark! Shall I survive?...
skb0364
Settled in Forks

Post by skb0364 »

SpecifyingWolf wrote:He can't force himself to imprint. He tried with those random girls in the park to try and get over Bella and he couldn't. It's not something you force.
AHHHHH! It's been a few days since I read. I need to read them again so I can pick up the subtle stuff I missed. However... its still REALLY creepy that Jacob's one true love is Bella's child. But I don't see how else she could have played it without making a whole nother "jacob series" But I would have been down with that...