General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
happy_alice
Settled in Forks

Re: Jacob and Nessie

Post by happy_alice »

I really want Stephenie to write a book about Jake and Nessie. It would be so sweet, and you get to know more about their relationship. Nessie is so cute when she asks Edward if she can bite Jacob!!!
The sun one day will break out of the clouds and forever silence the darkness. All we have to do is be happy.

~happy_alice
Kirachan
Settled in Forks

Post by Kirachan »

What i want to know is if they can have children. If Billy is right and werewolves imprint on whoever would give them the strongest wolf babies, then that means Nessie has to be able to bear children. but since vampires can't give birth since their bodies stop, does this mean, if she wants one, Nessie has to have a child before she hits the 7 year mark? or since shes half human can her body change even though she doesn't age? I also wonder what their children would be like, since they would be 1/2 werewolf, 1/4 vampire, and 1/4 human they would probably lean to the werewolf side. perhaps stronger werewolves with a taste for blood? I hope SM writes their story, im also interested in hearing the rest of Leah's story.
Bkwrm
Wandering Through Town

Post by Bkwrm »

[quote="chessley_meyers"]I thought it was really great that Jake imprinted on Nessie, because then he was still able to keep his friendship with Bella, even though they are supposed to be enemies. quote]

And this is a good thing? SM herself (in Eclipse FAQ) stated that Bella's big mistake was in trying to keep Jacob as a friend when their feelings ran so deep; if she was more self-aware, she would have realized it was wrong. The entire BOOK was about Bella making the choice to be with Edward; a choice which would sever her ties to her human life. And suddenly - magic fairy dust! She can have her "best friend" after all?

Jacob and Bella needed to be free of one another. And it's hard to buy that Jacob imprinting would suddenly cancel out all his feelings for Bella; Sam didn't stop caring for Leah.
Kitten1020
Settled in Forks

Post by Kitten1020 »

Just a thought - if Jacob is going to be Edward's son-in-law, will Edward still be able to read Jacob's thoughts?!
fireice99
Wandering Through Town

Post by fireice99 »

I'd just like to throw this one out there. Isn't it possible that maybe Jacob never fell in love with Bella? That he was simply extremely drawn to her, since she had the future of bearing a child in which he would imprint on? Just a thought.

Kaleb Nation is awesome! Check out his site for insightful comments as he reads New Moon.
Bkwrm
Wandering Through Town

Post by Bkwrm »

I never bought Jacob as Bella's soul-mate. I always believed he was an immature kid with an infatuation.

But SM has said over and over that it was True Love for Jake. That makes his imprinting on her kid even more creepy.
YourFavoriteAries
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by YourFavoriteAries »

I really want to know just how human Nessie is. Does she use the bathroom? We know she can cry and sleep. She breaths but does she need the oxygen?

After she stops "aging" will she still change sorta. Like can her hair grow or can her weight change but she just doesn't "age"? I'm confused....sorta...
Private Chloe Meadows of Jaspers Confederate Army- Stainless Carlet
sweetness1901
Settled in Forks

Post by sweetness1901 »

I think the only thing that bothered me about Jake and Nessie imprinting was that it has been implied that the only reason Bella and Jacob had a bond throughout the first three books was because of Nessie the whole time. I don't like this idea. I am happy with Jake and Nessie imprinting but I still want to believe that Jacob was in love with Bella and that the love between them was because of the way they felt about each other and not because of Nessie.
cataclysm
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by cataclysm »

fireice99 wrote:I'd just like to throw this one out there. Isn't it possible that maybe Jacob never fell in love with Bella? That he was simply extremely drawn to her, since she had the future of bearing a child in which he would imprint on? Just a thought.
Nah, he loved her and she loved him. Their being drawn together initially was b/c of eachother, not nessie.
I think the imprinting/vampire transformation were meant to relieve them of their romantic feelings for eachother.
twilighter4eva
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by twilighter4eva »

I would love something like that! especially to c if Nahuel was any competetion. Also to see how Edward and Bella and the rest of the Cullens react to the relationship. Mostly Edward, tho. I wonder, would he be :evil: if they got married/ had a baby/ etc.? Interesting. It would make a good fanfiction if SM didn't write anything... :D
"Uh, I had an adrenaline rush. It's very common. You can google it."- Edward

"How do we even know she's Italian? Her name's Bella."