General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Team-Jacob7
Settled in Forks

Re: Jacob and Nessie

Post by Team-Jacob7 »

I was mad about the imprint because it earased everything Bella and Jacob had together. I mean they were in love with eachother; those feeling don't just go away.
Sam said in Eclipse that he still loves Leah but his passion for Emily is stronger. Which means Bella and Jacob should still have those feelings for eachother even with the imprinting and the changing.
You don't just abruptly stop being in love with someone.

That's my problem with Jacob and Nessie and the imprinting - it makes Bella and Jacobs love seem like it was never important.
Like it had never existed.
The wolf fell in love with the lamb
Sarah-Lynn

Post by Sarah-Lynn »

Yes, but Sam, Leah, and Emily are still humans. I can't find the page, but in BD, it's mentioned that Bella no longer had those feelings for Jake after she transformed. I'm sure she felt love for him, but it wasn't the all-consuming soul-mate love she has with Edward. I think she and Jake have the friendship love...she still has her best friend, he just smells bad... :lol:
Dont_Call_Me_Nessie
Wandering Through Town

Post by Dont_Call_Me_Nessie »

I'm glad we got to hear a little bit about Quil and Claire before the Jake/Nessie twist was unleashed. Because I for one would have been really weirded out if I hadn't had some time to get semi-used to the idea. I wonder at what age they're relationship will become romantic (which I think we're all assuming it will). I think it will be a little weird if Nessie suddenly hits puberty and wakes up one morning in love with Uncle Jake. And how does he stop seeing her as a little baby? Awkward... Maybe they should send her to boarding school for a few months to allow time for transition ;)
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

Kitten1020 wrote:Just a thought - if Jacob is going to be Edward's son-in-law, will Edward still be able to read Jacob's thoughts?!
roflmao!!! i'm sure he WILL be able to...the question is...will he want to...lol....

That would be hilarious to read about all the times Edward wants to kill jake for thinking about nessie! :lol:
Dont_Call_Me_Nessie
Wandering Through Town

Post by Dont_Call_Me_Nessie »

Poor Edward... and he thought it was bad listening to his siblings getting busy.
heartscreams
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by heartscreams »

Kitten1020 wrote:Just a thought - if Jacob is going to be Edward's son-in-law, will Edward still be able to read Jacob's thoughts?!
LOL!! that would be interesting to find out. i felt his pain in Eclipse, in the tent with Jacob and Bella together in the sleeping bag. i can't imagine the pain for THIS!!!

but anyway, i think Jacob imprinting on Renesmee is a genius! i didn't really think of that. at the end of Book 2, when Jacob left Bella and Edward in that room, and he went downstairs to find Rosalie with Renesmee, i thought he was describing his hatred towards her!! i was clueless as Bella was! haha. and i love their relationship, just as much i love Quil and Claire. my favorite scenes of both of them are when she was holding onto his tail during the 'courtroom' scene and when they were hunting together.

but i don't want them to be like Sam and Emily. i don't know why, but i can't see them like that :(
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

heartscreams wrote:
OMG!! :lol: :? :(
it's EVEN worse. he can hear RENESME!!!

hahahaha, poor edward.
i guess he won't be able to stand near jacob and nessie within a 5 mile distance in a decade time like with Emmett and Rosalie.
Jazz<3Jasper

Post by Jazz<3Jasper »

Sarah-Lynn wrote:Yes, but Sam, Leah, and Emily are still humans. I can't find the page, but in BD, it's mentioned that Bella no longer had those feelings for Jake after she transformed. I'm sure she felt love for him, but it wasn't the all-consuming soul-mate love she has with Edward. I think she and Jake have the friendship love...she still has her best friend, he just smells bad... :lol:
lol I totally agree with u 100%
"No problem. You want me to be all doom and gloom, or just shut up?"
"Just shut up."
"Can do."
"Really? Doesn't seem like it."
-Jake and Seth
<333333333
Team Jasper, he can snap at me anyday.
delighted_one
Settled in Forks

Post by delighted_one »

I have to say that I was so angry about this! I mean here is Jacob suffering for the suposed love for Bella and Stephenie Meyer lets us see just how much pain he is about the wedding...but then he goes and totally forgets that love and falls for her daughter! I just was mad..I was hoping there would be some other way for Jacob. It's a great idea that Stephenie had but I just didn't like how fast how he moved on. I know it's the whole imprinting thing but still...
Jazz<3Jasper

Post by Jazz<3Jasper »

delighted_one wrote:I have to say that I was so angry about this! I mean here is Jacob suffering for the suposed love for Bella and Stephenie Meyer lets us see just how much pain he is about the wedding...but then he goes and totally forgets that love and falls for her daughter! I just was mad..I was hoping there would be some other way for Jacob. It's a great idea that Stephenie had but I just didn't like how fast how he moved on. I know it's the whole imprinting thing but still...
Yea... I felt bad for Jacob when Bella spazzed out on him, Jacob couldn't help imprinting on Nessie, and Nessie likes Jake too. They are cute together as just friends and as a couple.

Team Jacob!
"No problem. You want me to be all doom and gloom, or just shut up?"
"Just shut up."
"Can do."
"Really? Doesn't seem like it."
-Jake and Seth
<333333333
Team Jasper, he can snap at me anyday.