General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
pollypollypolly
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Edward, Bella, and Nessie as a family

Post by pollypollypolly »

I didn't like Edward's reaction at first to when he found out about Bella's pregnancy; he wanted to get rid of it!? -- But hey, I suppose he did that for Bella's sake and well being.
I found Bella more appealing as a parent to Edward, though, It seemed she cared more, but obviously she would as she gave her human life away for Nessie.
I find it kind of too "cliche" when Jacob imprinted on Nessie.
A four way happy family.
How cute.
“This hostage stuff is fun.”

-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

Edward doesn't strike me as a very parent type person, so I would have needed to see it to believe it, and we didn't see him being a dad at all. No offense, but it seemed to me as if he didn't care to much about seeing his daughter.
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
Ichigo Kitty
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Ichigo Kitty »

Even though I hate to agree I can actually see your point. But I think he really does care for her, I just don't think Jacob and Edward liked that the baby was tearing Bella up. But again, I agree with you and I believe Bella is one that cared the most for Renesme... she seemed so close to her and loved her even when Renesme was hurting her. (What a great mother...)
Ice and Fire co-existing together without destroying each other...

~ E<3B
jakeyjake
Settled in Forks

Post by jakeyjake »

Bella and Jacob are beating Edward!!!!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1795464/boar ... #126554303
gilaღcantik
Settled in Forks

Post by gilaღcantik »

I think in the very very few snippets of family life that was shown they make a great family, but there was so many things that could've been there. i kinda felt sorry for Edward, Stephenie really didn't give him much family/dad air time, much more emphasis was put on Bella & Jacobs relationships with Renesmee, when there could've/should've been some more shown time with him.

The snippets of him with renesmee were way to small, like whe he was singing a song to her when bella was still changing from human to vampire, they always just seemed to be one line here one line there.
Jessalyn118
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Jessalyn118 »

Move oever Nessie...
I don't like your existence!
"It's all about who you know"

"In that case, i hope you enjoy disappointment"

Edward Cullen

cascsiany
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by cascsiany »

gilaღcantik wrote:I think in the very very few snippets of family life that was shown they make a great family, but there was so many things that could've been there. i kinda felt sorry for Edward, Stephenie really didn't give him much family/dad air time, much more emphasis was put on Bella & Jacobs relationships with Renesmee, when there could've/should've been some more shown time with him.

The snippets of him with renesmee were way to small, like whe he was singing a song to her when bella was still changing from human to vampire, they always just seemed to be one line here one line there.
I agree you definitely don't see enough of Edward with Renesmee. There definitely should have been more of him with her. There could have been so much more of the two of them. Although they do make a great family.
EDC, Inc... Crane Trainee
Team Rosalie ~ Every Rose has its Thorn
"We can find some other way to pick a fight with this Demetri."~ Emmett, NM p. 534
Morgan University
Locard's Theory
bite_me
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by bite_me »

I think Edward would be a really good father, but I was really disappointed they didn't have many moments reserved for him and nessie. :(

You don't really see much of Edward, Bella and Renesmee, either, its mainly Bella and Nessie or Bella and Edward.

Sob.
ImageImage
If they say it's tourist season why can't we shoot them?
ellalou73
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by ellalou73 »

I agree with not seeing much of Edward as a father in this but at the same time it's Bella's POV and they didn't get much time before the next crisis hit with Alice's vision and the Volturi . Still though it would have been nice to see more of Edward with both of them.
blue-eyed-bella
Wandering Through Town

Post by blue-eyed-bella »

ellalou73 wrote:I agree with not seeing much of Edward as a father in this but at the same time it's Bella's POV and they didn't get much time before the next crisis hit with Alice's vision and the Volturi . Still though it would have been nice to see more of Edward with both of them.
That's definitely true. If SM ever continues through Nessie's POV or something though, i think she would definitely have some family moments. There were actually a few in BD that I really liked...but yeah, there really should've been more.
When life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it's not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end.