General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Crayons
Settled in Forks

Re: Edward, Bella, and Nessie as a family

Post by Crayons »

I didn't see much Edward and Renesmee bonding in BD. Sure there were times when Edward held her, but overall, I didn't see it. . .

And i didn't appreciate it that much to be honest. Renesmee took so much of the storyline and it left little for Bella and Edward. Oh well, I guess that's how it's supposed to be. . .
CullenistFanpireTwilighterTwerd
Sturpherz
Wandering Through Town

My thoughts on Edward, Bella, and Nessie as a family

Post by Sturpherz »

First of all, I would just like to say that I am more than ecstatic for Bella, Edward and the new addition to the Cullen’s family, renesme! I don’t understand why everyone is getting there panties in a bunch about Edward and Bella having a family, or Renesmes name!! It’s not your story or family and it’s not your child to name. I think everyone should feel happy for Bella and Edward, this is after all there story and it is what THEY wanted!!

Bella’s behavior in the beginning and even during of the pregnancy was something I don’t think many people could relate to because not everyone has had the opportunity to have children. And I don’t feel it is something I can elaborate on because I myself have never had children. I have however have had to watch my under age sister struggle with a pregnancy that was very unexpected… and I think that in that respect I can kind of understand how Bella felt.

As for Edward, I can not blame him either. This was not something he even considered when he decided to give Bella what she wanted. In fact no one saw this as a possibility. I mean try to look at the situation from his perspective, After many, MANY years, he finally finds the one person he wants to spend the rest of forever with and after some work he realizes he is able to have somewhat of a normal relationship with her and even gets her to agree to stay human for a little longer… then WAM!! He ends up getting her pregnant, something neither he nor any one else thought possible, and as reality sinks in he remembers some of the legends he has heard, you know, where the baby rips apart the mother to be free…. How else is he supposed to act? Then, he has to watch Bella, the one person he loves more blood, be ripped apart from the inside out.

I think both Bella and Edward were justified in there actions. And I am more than happy with the outcome. :D
"The most important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become..."
xoPearl_Angelxo
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by xoPearl_Angelxo »

Discuss the family dynamic between Edward, Bella and Nessie. Did Edward's behavior surprise you? What about Bella's?

think I wanted more Edward in there. I was kind of hoping that there would be an epilouge of some sort wiht like 6-7 years in the future. We've all seen Edward be such a gentleman and unbelievable guy and I really wanted to see that come out with Him and Nessie. I was happy though to see Bella's interactions with Nessie and such. Altogether they make a very nice family. Nessie might not let them have a normal sort of family lofe like first words and such but still a truly special one
APPC

avatar by *cullens & converse @ Vesperarium

Read My All Original Twilight Fanfic - http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4277830/1/T ... everything
Tengo Nubs.
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: Fighting off all the chubies who want to steal her fictional men. ::cough::SAM&SHEL::cough::

Post by Tengo Nubs. »

i know a lot of people have been saying that they thought nessie took away from the edward and bella time, which is true, but i mean we had three books of them already you know? plus it still seemed like to me that edward and bella had a lot of time alone together (i mean, nessie did sleep after all) so they had their moments, even if we didn't get to read about all of them.

i was surprised at how quickly bella stepped into her mother role, but at the same time it only makes sense. she had to step up and assume that responsibility and also how could she not adore a person that was part of edward? i know that at first edward resented nessie but i think that was because he had no idea what sort of baby would come out of the situation. i'm sure he was imagining some monster--or else he would not have been able to hate something that was part of bella, either. i think edward was a good dad, too, even if we didn't get to see too many moments of him and nessie together. i don't think edward neglected nessie at all--even if he was only 17 when he was changed and may not have been "mature" enough to handle fatherhood. i don't think that factors in too much at all, considering he lived for nearly a hundred years and considering the fact that bella really was only 18 when she assumed the mothering role.

i agree with whoever said they would get all excited when nessie called edward daddy. it's just so adorable...i can't even handle it. i think they make a perfect little family. :D
Sam and Shel <3 --Twinnies Randomness Regular. Addicted to the Brothers <3
aribella913
Settled in Forks

Post by aribella913 »

xoPearl_Angelxo wrote:
Discuss the family dynamic between Edward, Bella and Nessie. Did Edward's behavior surprise you? What about Bella's?

think I wanted more Edward in there. I was kind of hoping that there would be an epilouge of some sort wiht like 6-7 years in the future. We've all seen Edward be such a gentleman and unbelievable guy and I really wanted to see that come out with Him and Nessie. I was happy though to see Bella's interactions with Nessie and such. Altogether they make a very nice family. Nessie might not let them have a normal sort of family lofe like first words and such but still a truly special one

I agree with the epilogue idea. Even though that would have kinda been like Harry Potter, it would have been nice to see how things pan out.

Nobody kill me, but I hated the baby at first. It was hurting Bella so much and just about killing me to watch what that was doing to Edward. It also could have had something to do with being in Jacobs sometimes pessimistic POV. I'm sure if book 2 would have been written from Bella's POV, I would have been cooing with her. Edward's parenting is what first made me fall in love with the baby. I could almost see his (RPatz of course) face lighting up as he took in what the baby was thinking.

Yes, there wasn't that much Nessie/Edward interaction, but there wasn't a lot of Nessie/Bella stuff either. For one, there was so much other stuff going on. Secondly, I think that once the initial shock of everything wore off, Nessie was such a natural thing for them. I think Edward loves Nessie just like Bella does. She says that her heart expanded with enough room to love both of them. Remember when he is telling Bella about Nessie. I think from the first time he heard Nessie, she had him wrapped around her finger.
"I am Switzerland"
vamp na hEireann
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Location: Turning Bill and Tom into vampires.Seriously were did the sun go?oh right...this is Ireland

Post by vamp na hEireann »

Edward seemed kinda left out which really upset me,he should have been in there a lot more and him and Bella should have had more moments together just talking or simply being together like in the other books.
Midnight Sun Virgin!
|----[|██████]=----
ImageTrainee of EDC Inc. Private of Jaspers Confederate Army,Go Stainless Claret! Twilight Mafia
JulesCullen
Settled in Forks

Post by JulesCullen »

I had always thought that Bella would be a great mother, and she definitely was. She didn't disappoint there- she was wonderful with Nessie. Edward as a father was also perfect; he seems so caring and "worshipping" Nessie that you cannot doubt his love for her. My problem was how Nessie responded to Edward. Obviously she loved him, but she really didn't seem to love him enough. At her age (though mentally she is slightly older), she should still love her father before another guy [jacob]. I know that Jacob and Nessie aren't at a romantic relationship, but it still seemed kind of wrong. Like when Bella's face came up just as often in Nessie's dreams as Jacob's, even more than Edward's face. That irritated me- Nessie, please appreciate the perfect father you have!!!
"Why am I covered in feathers?"
"I bit a pillow. Or two."

urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

^you are totally right! now i think i understand that little point that i just couldn't put my finger on. nessie doesn't seem to appreciate her father quite as much as she should.

now that i think about it, there is only one part that i can remember when nessie actually asked to be by her father, and that was when the volturi were disscusing things. she wanted to go hug edward.
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
inlovewithmyJasper54
Learning to Love Green
Location: Florida - waiting for a Vampire to shine in the sunlight

Post by inlovewithmyJasper54 »

I agree with everyone about wanting to see more of Edward with Nessie but overall, I think it's a great family. I love how at first both Edward and Bella were so bitter toward Jacob for liking Nessie but later just gave in. And I honestly think my favorite part of the entire book is when Bella was yelling at Jacob and said, "you nicknamed my daughter after the Loch Ness Monster?" :lol: I was dying with laughter!!
ImageImage
both made by... me! =) <3
edward x lover
Fishing with Charlie

Post by edward x lover »

Don't get me wrong I LOVED BD but it kind of lost the theme of the saga. In Twilight, NM and Ec. Edward was always protecting Bella with his life. Now that she is a vampire he has no one to protect except Nessie and lets face it she is slightly less vulnerable that pre Bella. Idk I just liked the first three because he was so protective of Bella, and he lost that in book 3 of BD.

As far as them as a family I think Edward is a fantastic father even though we don't see him. Before the Volturi scene when they found out Nessie would stop aging Edward and Carlisle spent everyday trying to fond out a way to stop her from being an old woman at 17. So I bet if SM kept going after the Volturi left we would have seen more of Edward's fatherly side
~Lee~
Team Ian because human guys can be perfect.
Team Edward-Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901
RDC<3