General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
heartscreams
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Edward, Bella, and Nessie as a family

Post by heartscreams »

i too, was quite pissed when Bella wanted to keep that 'monster', and simply refused to listen to Edward, or the rest of the Cullens (except for Rosalie of course). but i think i was influenced by how Edward described the situation to Jacob. Edward was hurting, angry and blaming himself on and on and on. and the way Jacob described Edward's expressions.

but if it was written in Bella's perspective, than i wouldn't even be pissed in the first place. i was cringing during the scene where Edward and Jacob were trying to um, 'assist' Bella and the baby, with blood spurting everywhere! but i was all 'aww' when Bella finally met Renesmee, and she described her brown curls and dimples and all. at this point, i really wanna know what Edward thinks about Renesmee! and what he thinks of Bella, Renesmee and himself as a family. he must have some mixed feelings.
HazedInDeadlyPollen
Wandering Through Town
Location: somewhere in the many worlds of my brain...with Edward...

Post by HazedInDeadlyPollen »

I think as a family,Edward,Bella, and Renesmee are lovely together.Although I always feel like Edward's out of the loop.But what I pondered on was the future;when Renesmee is older.When Jacob and Renesmee's relationship becomes romantic it seems to me as to kind of ruin the family dynamic or simply change it extremely.And will the Cullens travel around the country again or will they stay in Forks for Jacob?And if they do bring Jacob with them,will Bella and Edward still go to school.I feel like it'd be a little akward to have Renesmee with them and especially Jacob.I don't know,it seems as if it would be weird for me.but it could just be my brain not working,which is likely. :D
if I'm not talking it means I'm lost inside my mind...
- nANCY ^_^
Granuaile
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Granuaile »

What I didn't get is that Bella just never really liked children all the way through Eclipse. If she had, we would maybe have seen how she felt about Claire in Eclipse at the bonfire scene, or SOMETHING! I knew that ANGELA likes kids before I knew that BELLA does! I thought it was kinda natural that Edward will sacrifice anything for Bella, even his child, but I would have liked to know more about him in relationship to Nessie.
Who needs imagination when there is Reality?
Answer: me

I wish our posts were graded, since this is what I'm doing instead of homework!

I am NOT bothering to learn ALL of your names. First come, first serve. And I'm done serving.
Heidi
Settled in Forks

Post by Heidi »

I love the family dynamic between the three of them. However, I would love for an "Edward perspective" to come out in the future, to play out all of those moments we can't see, between he and Renesmee.

I also can imagine a grown Nessie, being this total rock star (leading Jacob on wild goose chases with her band, and all her adoring male fans) with her gregarious personality (in comparison of Bella and Edward and how reserved they both seem) and perhaps the talent she might gain from Edward's musical back ground..ok maybe it's a bit "out there" but it would be a fun twist in the future.
Heidi~*bringing new meaning to the words "fisher of men"*~-"Call me for your Volterra vacation - Castle tours offered daily! Meet the ancients,they would love you stay for dinner!"
BreathelessVampire
Fishing with Charlie

Post by BreathelessVampire »

Well, its cool that there is a child addition into the coven. It changes everything.

The birth of Renesmee showed Rosalie's soft side, Bella and Edward's parenting skills, and other things.

I can imagine Nessie as a grown up, with all her fans chasing for her(although they can never catch up, unless their vampires) , while Jacob is protecting everywhere she goes, it is very hilarious.

Bella and Edward would have a fun 7 years raising Renesmee with the whole coven, in addition with Carmen, the Denali coven. It is so cool.
Team Edward. Team Jasper. Team Alice. Team Emmett
Because they are just plain sexy.

Trainee at Emmett's Demolition Crew

Member of Donating Blood To Jasper&Co.
sarahbells
Settled in Forks

Post by sarahbells »

There are a lot of parts in the book where you can tell that edward loves nessie.

1 when he hears her in bella for the first time that was amazing I think if he could of creid then he would of

2 when jake gave neddie the promise bracelet for christmas edward was not very happy about it but he kept inself under control

3 when edward finally finds out what bella was hiding from him, nessie went to him and just how he held her, you could tell that they loved eachtother

4 he was always trying to find history and a cure for nessie when they found out that she was growing to fast. he would not of been worried like that if he did not love her.

5 the biggest one is when bella and edward are talking and edward says that I got more then I deserve now. somewhere along the lines of my life is perfect now.

there are little parts in the book where it is shown that he loves nessie. I think he is a wonderful father but well so much other stuff was going on that there was no time to show it. also, we have to remember the books was in bellas prespectvie. she was worried crazy that they would all dye and that she had to find a way to get nessie out safley. bella was not in the right mindset to see the little things like how edward was a wonderful father.
Precious
Settled in Forks

Post by Precious »

sarahbells wrote:There are a lot of parts in the book where you can tell that edward loves nessie.

1 when he hears her in bella for the first time that was amazing I think if he could of creid then he would of

2 when jake gave neddie the promise bracelet for christmas edward was not very happy about it but he kept inself under control

3 when edward finally finds out what bella was hiding from him, nessie went to him and just how he held her, you could tell that they loved eachtother

4 he was always trying to find history and a cure for nessie when they found out that she was growing to fast. he would not of been worried like that if he did not love her.

5 the biggest one is when bella and edward are talking and edward says that I got more then I deserve now. somewhere along the lines of my life is perfect now.

there are little parts in the book where it is shown that he loves nessie. I think he is a wonderful father but well so much other stuff was going on that there was no time to show it. also, we have to remember the books was in bellas prespectvie. she was worried crazy that they would all dye and that she had to find a way to get nessie out safley. bella was not in the right mindset to see the little things like how edward was a wonderful father.
I agree with sarabells completely. I have read enough pages to notice that alot of people need to go back and reread breaking dawn since they missed all this. Edward loved Nessie, he also read her mind constantly. Since we only new Bella's point of view, we have no idea what he said about it.

Page 503: When charlie was going to visit, Edward was instructing her about being careful with him. She touched him and said "exactly, and he's going to make you thirsty. but you mustn't bit him. he wont heal like jacob." Also on the same page, he puts his arms around Bella and Nessie.

Page 463: Nessie was showing Bella what Bella did to Jacob, Edward chuckled at the image.

Page 489: Edward was getting Nessie something to "eat".

Page 522: Nessie touches Edwards face and wishes less dignity from Nella. She thinks shes funny.

Page 468: The best one by far, Nesse is telling Bella everything she missed and she tells Bella about the song that Edward crooned to her. It was during the time that Edward was waiting for Bella to wake up and become a vampire. So just imagine Edward holding Nessie, humming a lullaby just for her and Bella laying sleeping.

Are some of you still questioning wither or not Edward cares/loves/spends enough time with Nessie? These are just SOME of the things that I found just now. The three spend a lot of time together, Edward is always by Bella's, Bella always has Nessie side, they also end up setting up Nessie bed in the cotta. I can go on and on about this but I don't think it's necessary. I have no doubt in my mind that Edward is a loving and devoted dad.

If some of you are whining about her never saying dad but only twice, when does she say mom? I count once. If you reread breaking dawn you will notice that Nessie preferred to talk through her mind.

How on earth can ANYONE even think that Bella forgot about him or ignored him?? Do I have to bring up pages of that? For those people, go back and read breaking dawn after Nessie was born. Psh.

For those of you that are going on about how young they was. It was a book, fantasy, Stephanie says over and over on her webpage that it was. They was MARRIED anyways first. Edward was 17 when he was transformed into a vampire, he is technically 100 years old. Bella was 19, the book showed her as a mother figure to her dad and her own mom. Of course they are ready to take care of Nessie! Unexpected? of course. Edward WAS. That is why he was so scared, he has no idea what a vampire half breed would do to Nella's body, he has no idea WHAT it would be, for all he knew it was full blood. He was scared the whole time until he heard Nessie thoughts and then he understood that Nessie would do her best not to hurt Bella.

This is why I hate getting on forums to discuss the books that I read, it annoys me a great deal with I see nearly 5 pages worth of people discussing if Edward was mature enough, or if Edward was ready, or if Edward was old enough, Bella was mature enough, if Bella was ready, if Bella was old enough, if Bella forgot all about Edward, if Edward spent enough time with Nessie, etc etc. If you guys are STILL asking those questions and still wondering after all these posts, go reread Breaking Dawn SLOWLY.
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

Granuaile wrote:What I didn't get is that Bella just never really liked children all the way through Eclipse. If she had, we would maybe have seen how she felt about Claire in Eclipse at the bonfire scene, or SOMETHING! I knew that ANGELA likes kids before I knew that BELLA does! I thought it was kinda natural that Edward will sacrifice anything for Bella, even his child, but I would have liked to know more about him in relationship to Nessie.
Well, I think it's different when it's about your own child. I'm not a mother, but I believe carrying a baby is something really special. And having Edward's child is far from Bella probably ever expected. The best gift ever. How could she not love Nessie?
tallperson
Settled in Forks

Post by tallperson »

G-Faerie08 wrote:
FrostyJasper wrote:Honestly...I don't like how Bella and Edward have a child now. It seems that Bella was slightly neglecting Edward once Nessie came. And now Bella is like super mom...it just doesn't fit. I don't know...just my opinion.
You know..I actually kind of agree with you. Yeah it is a sweet aspect to the story and all, but I don't really see them as being a family. Regardless that Edward has lived over a 100 years, he is still a 17 year old boy for one and while he has a wealth of knowledge, I just don't think the maturity is entirely there. I don't really see him as being the fatherly type...and of course now Bella is "frozen in time" as well..Before she was changed, I didn't really picture her as the kind to be as motherly as she was, especially during her pregnancy. The whole situation was a very iffy thing for me as I was reading BD and to me seemed to be a bit of a stretch as some points.
I do agree!! It's wierd because as much as like the idea of them having a family i just can't imagin it, i didn't like how Bella seemed to become all about Renesmee - she kinda forgot Edward, even Jacob had more attention in her life. For me it just didn't fit as much as i wanted it to, but that's purely my opinion. i also got the impression that Bella hadn't completely forgiven Edward for wanting to get rid of her 'nudger'! but i may be getting the wrong idea.
Off the subject - but i really didn't like Jacob imprinting on Nessie. It's like now they're all going to be related, Jacob's going to be Bella and Edward's son-in-law!! I didn't like that idea at all!!
'Jasper? What do vampires do for bachelor parties? You're not taking him to a strip club, are you?'
Ally_Cat
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Ally_Cat »

Honestly, I can't picture the Bella and Edward from Twilight as the Bella, Edward, & Nessie family in BD. It was like Bella aged 10+ years from the honeymoon to nessie being born. I do think there little family is cute, but its still weird to think about/picture sometimes b/c I got so use to the idea of there only ever being Edward and Bella.

Also I had a problem w/ their parenting at the end of BD. They're all protective throughout the book, but at the end when Bella and Edward think one of them could die they have this "you die and I'll have to die too" kinda thing going on. It really irked me b/c it made me think: you would leave you daughter that is only months old (if that) without her parents? I know they have this crazy love connection, but if that parenting mode kicked in wouldn't you want one of you to stay around to watch over her. Nessie would have the coven and Jacob, but she'd have lost her parents before she knew them b/c they couldn't live w/out each other. That was the big moment when I was thinking, maybe Bella and Edward need to focus on the fact that they are real parents now.
That was just my little rant.
The Volturi: Nora
Private Ophelia Grey of Jasper's Army
Team "Screw you freaks! I pick Ben!"
Gen-Y: The Lexily