General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Re: Edward, Bella, and Nessie as a family

Post by urcoolcarrie »

jenni_elyse wrote:One of my favorite moments in Breaking Dawn happens on page 592. This moment shows just how much Edward cares for Renesmee, in my opionion. And, it shows just how good of a father he is.

Edward is talking about Renesmee to the Denali coven and the following exchange takes place:
"We're just looking for witnesses. If we can make them pause, just for a moment. If they would let us explain..." He touched Renesmee's cheek; she grabbed his hand and held it pressed against her skin. "It's difficult to doubt our story when you see it for yourself."
That little paragraph shows just how much love Edward has for Renesmee. I don't think there's any doubt. I just don't think we get to see his fatherly side very often because he's busy with Carlisle trying to figure out how much time Renesmee has. Remember, until the Volturi threat, they were researching old legends to figure out how to prepare for the outcome of Renesmee's life. I think Edward loves Renesmee more than anything and by touching Renesmee's cheek in that moment, it becomes the most apparent thing in the world.
agreed. he loves renesmee so much. you just have to look really hard for those little moments between the two.
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
Alice-Is-Awesome
Wandering Through Town

Post by Alice-Is-Awesome »

NolitaFairytale wrote:Hmmm...I while I love the family as a whole, I wasn't so sure about Edward's position in the family. Am I the only one who thought Edward was a bit of a Dud once Bella became pregnant? (NOTE: I DO <3 EDWARD. PLEASE DON'T BITE MY HEAD OFF!) I mean, throughout the book, he seemed to be the coat hanger, and not particularly present in the books. As a father, he's not bad, but he doesn't seem overly enthusiastic. I think he still sees Renesmee as the being who put Bella through all that pain. Maybe its the fact that, being frozen at seventeen, he never matured to the point of the "responsible father figure." He is still a great father, but he's not nearly as involved as Jacob.
agreed. I thought after Renesmee was out of Bella and didn't put Bella in any more pain, that Edward would love Renesmee like Bella loves her. Not that he isn't an great father, but I wish he would show his love for her a little more. For example, (please note my memory sucks so this might not be acurate) was there any times where Edward was playing with Renesmee, or going hunting with her and Bella? As others have said, there are some great moments between Edwward and Renesmee but I thought there would be way more. In a way I feel bad for Edward because Jacob is so invovled so sometimes I think he feels that Jacob is taking the father role.

Don't get me wrong, Edward IS a great father but he just doesn't show it as much as i expected.

<3
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[/url][/img]
alellie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by alellie »

Though I did not like BD that much, the thought of Edward being a father made me squeal...

Ah, if only he were single...

Okay, enough about that...well, Edward's behavior didn't surprise me considering that Bella would be inflicted harm by Nessie. That I could understand; I was never in it for abortion but...still, I guess what Edward would be doing would be 'normal' in his case. (Considering the fact that everyone was pretty much OOC in BD.)

But what I didn't understand was how Edward easily accepted..well, more tolerated Nessie when she was born...eh, never mind...I'll discuss this in another forum...

Okay, carrying on...Edward, Bella, and Nessie...I guess it could be possible...I mean, even though your in-laws used to be your natural enemies, I mean...didn't you guys see how Jake got along with the family (especially Rosalie...LOL), I think that with Nessie and time, he'll grow to familiarize them and earn the title of unofficial 'Cullen' when he marries Nessie.

Yeah, those are my thoughts...though I did not like BD, I will remain neutral on posting my replies.

-Janine
Vampirechick101/Alellie: PICAOS/ Zookeepers to Mr. Panda
*Bloodlust*
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by *Bloodlust* »

alellie wrote:Though I did not like BD that much, the thought of Edward being a father made me squeal...
Agreed. The idea of Edward giving Renesmee piano lessons just melts my heart :D . That would be the most adorable picture EVER.
WARNING: EDWARD CULLEN IS NOT EFFECTIVE BIRTH CONTROL! E<3B
alellie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by alellie »

*Bloodlust* wrote:Agreed. The idea of Edward giving Renesmee piano lessons just melts my heart :D . That would be the most adorable picture EVER.
Read this fanfic then: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4457477/1/

It's called 'Music Lessons' by blondie AKA robin

So adorable!~

And this one especially, a direct Edward-teaching-Nessie-to-play fanfic: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4459886/1/Teach_Me_to_Play by Permanent Rose

It's also adorable and sweet~!

-Janine
Vampirechick101/Alellie: PICAOS/ Zookeepers to Mr. Panda
Miko Kikyou
Settled in Forks

Post by Miko Kikyou »

First of all, I was REALLY surprised that Bella got pregnant. The whole fandom didn't even think about this because vampires can't get any children - and I read somewhere that even Edward couldn't do anything about that. xD
His reaction to this pregnancy was understandable - it was his fault and he was sure that Bella would die.
Bella was... somehow stupid. I knew that Nessie would need blood a few hundred pages before, so THAT wasn't a big surprise to me.
But Bella and Edward didn't really behave like parents because the plot concentrated on Jacob, so Nessie wouldn't really need a father if she had a lover and protector in one.....
On the other hand, Edward doesn't have to touch or speak with Nessie to know her thoughts, so he doesn't have to be around her all the time. If there was an emergency, he would behave likea real father, I think. ( Read the end of BD...)
heartscreams
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by heartscreams »

i agree with some of you, that because this was taken from Bella's perspective, we didn't get to see Edward with Renesmee that much, because Bella was obviously worried about the Volturi, her talent, her fighting skills, Charlie and Alice. so she had many things to think about.

but there were a couple of scenes where Edward was a father to Renesmee..

- during Charlie's visit - he was telling Renesmee the cautions and all, and then reminded her in between. and he also told her that it was okay to bite Jacob as many times as she likes. hahah! sorry, i just had to put that in.
- when Bella was leaving to meet J.Jenks for the 2nd time, he had Renesmee on his lap as he told Bella to hurry home.
- of course, the farewell scene, where he kissed her on the cheeks and the forehead.
- he brought her back to the cottage when she was asleep a couple of times.
- i don't know if this is much of fatherly, but he gave Renesmee an MP3 as a christmas present! :)

but yes, i do wanna see more of Edward with Renesmee.
Alice-Is-Awesome
Wandering Through Town

Post by Alice-Is-Awesome »

alellie wrote:
*Bloodlust* wrote:Agreed. The idea of Edward giving Renesmee piano lessons just melts my heart :D . That would be the most adorable picture EVER.
Read this fanfic then: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4457477/1/

It's called 'Music Lessons' by blondie AKA robin

So adorable!~

And this one especially, a direct Edward-teaching-Nessie-to-play fanfic: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4459886/1/Teach_Me_to_Play by Permanent Rose

It's also adorable and sweet~!

-Janine
Awww:)... I just read 'Music Lessons'! it's so cute!! thanks for sharing that!

<3 ;)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[/url][/img]
UnfreakinBelievable
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by UnfreakinBelievable »

Hey guys, I want Midnight Sun published SO badly that I started a petition -- one to Stephenie telling her that we will abstain from reading the leaked chapters and we LOVE her and will support her with whatever time she needs to be able to get back to that project.

I've already got over 200 signatures -- I would love even more!!! Spread the word!! Get your fellow Twilighters to sign and I will mail this onto Stephenie!

Go show her some LOVE!!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/midn ... index.html
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

the fanfics are amazing!! if anyone has any fanfic recommendations with edward and bella or edward and nessie, please pm the links to me. i love them!
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin