General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Analisse
Learning to Love Green

Re: Edward, Bella, and Nessie as a family

Post by Analisse »

I was really shocked at first because of how Edward was behaving, I thought he would be happy since day 1 like Bella, he didn't actually accepted Nessie, until he was able of hearing her thoughts.
I did understand why he was so mad at the baby, he was so scare he may lose Bella and he couldn't see her get hurt. But once he was able to hear Nessie, I liked how he started to care for both and not only for Bella.

I totally understand Bella, she's a mom who is protecting her baby. Even when she knew she may die, she knew Edward may not be on time to change her into a Vampire, she was more than willingly to sacrifice for the life of her daughter and I think every mother would do the same. I did got mad sometimes when she got hurt, becuase I was thinking "How much worse can it get after this" and then Nessie would break another of Bella's ribs. But in the end it was all good.

I really liked that they had the chance to have a child, it's really good. Bella knew how much she was giving up to become a Vampire and spend all eternity with Edward, and he knew that too. So I think that Nessie was the perfect gift for them, like something that they earn because of all the sacrifices they were already doing. Even when they have to fight for her, specially Bella.
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

G-Faerie08 wrote:
urcoolcarrie wrote:
However, now that I've had time to fully digest everything that happened, I now believe that perhaps Bella had a bit of a reason behind her thinking about Nessie so much. I mean, some of us know what its like to be a parent, but then again, some of us (such as myself) don't know that kind of relationship between mother and child. I think that she still thought about Edward, but she had (and still has) to share her love with someone else. Before, all of everything in her life was devoted to Edward, and now she has to expand her heart and give some of that to Nessie.

I don't know, even though I do think that, I still have a soft spot for Edward, and think that he needs more attention. ;)

I also think that the fact that now that she knows Rosalie's background, having Nessie was a true blessing because once she was turned, she would never be able to have biological children. So if you think about it, Nessie is kind of their miracle child..For both Edward and Bella, what could have been more special thing than to have a child with a person you are madly in love with when you thought that it could never be possible? It was again a bit of a stretch to me, but still a very touching addition to the saga.
that is a very good way to put it. edward and bella had a miracle child. bella was willing to give up having a child to have edward, and edward loved bella so much that he actually said he wanted her to go off and have children with someone else so that she could be a mother. well, they both got what they thought they would be missing out on, and that is very touching. its like the icing on the cake. :)
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
deven
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by deven »

i like and dont like them having a baby. i dont like it because it took away from, the constant edward and bella time. and i like it because i think they are the perfect family. bella is like the best mom and edward...well idk..he is a good dad but there wasnt much of him being dad. sometimes i wish they would have been like jacob seriously give us some sapce...that way edward could have a had more time with his baby.
.I<3BDB.I<3Oli sykes!+Randomness Regular+Concert Addict
twilightluver27
Settled in Forks

Post by twilightluver27 »

It doesn't seem like there was much of a family there because in the beginning Rosalie and Jacob basically take care of Nessie because they didn't think Bella could handle it. And then Bella started to be with her daughter but it seemed like Edward was out of the picture. Edward was never like bonding with Nessie not because he didn't love her but I think it was because Jacob always had to be around her and in some level he understood that or something. But it was mostly Bella, Jacob, and Nessie which, I don't know if anyone else feels this way, makes sense. In the beginning Edward didn't like Nessie because she was killing Bella, but Bella still loved her so I think it makes a stronger bond between them and then there's the whole Jacob imprinting thing which makes a close bond too. I don't even know if I stayed on topic but these are just thoughts..
ImageImage
irunwithvampires
Settled in Forks

Post by irunwithvampires »

I agree with twilightluver27. I have to say, I was one of those people who didn't exactly appreciate Nessie at first because I thought it took away from the Edward and Bella time also. Also, I didn't think Edward and Bella needed Nessie to have a happy ending - I thought they were perfect together.

The only family time we actually saw between the three of them was Edward and Bella putting her in her crib (which lasted about 3 seconds) and then they disappeared into their own room to go and have sex. As Bella said in the book, the days were not long enough for her to get her fill of adoring her daughter and the nights weren't long enough to satisfy her craving for Edward - so I guess the only interaction Edward and Bella had with each other after Nessie was born was sex, sex, and more sex. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they can finally do it without having to worry about breaking each other, but hopefully, after a while, the craving will let up just a little so they can have some other Edward/Bella moments, and Edward/Bella/Nessie moments.

Rosalie and Jake are there way too much. I understand that Jake has a perfectly good excuse and that Rosalie is her aunt and she really loves Nessie but they should really let Edward and Bella have some time with her. Especially in the beginning.
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

I was surprised the way Edward reacted to the pregnancy...up until when he the stopped calling Nessie "IT" and "THAT THING". That was when we actually saw Bedward's love for Nessie for the first time, when he was able to read her mind. But you know, who could blame Edward for despising the unborn baby at first? It was about to kill the only thing he loved and he had helped (if you know what I mean), and that was all he could think. I think he actually felt more guilt than anything. Bella, now I was expecting Bella's reaction to be a whole lot worse. But I guess, you can't despise the very thing that you gave birth to. In the end, I was happy for Bedward and Nessie. :mrgreen:

-Dark(Meteor's twin) hehe :lol: :lol:
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
TeamNessie
Settled in Forks

Post by TeamNessie »

Well when i first found out she was pregnant a was shocked, like really who expected this little turn of events.
My first thought was that she wasn't gonna be happy about it, but instead she fell instently in love with her unborn child, and ofcourse she did cause in her mind she probably thought this is Edwards child inside me, hes son or daughter, that without her being human it would have never come to be. Now Edwards reaction in my opinion was a little expected, he wasnt happy, and i understand cause hes never seen this before he didnt know what the baby would do to bella so he was afraid for her, she was his one and only love and he thought he may loose her.
But after everything happend and he heard his daughter and fell in love with her and her thoughts, it was all good. I can understand some peoples point of view that Edward wasnt acting much as a father, he didnt pick up the roll very quickly but i have no doubt in my mind that he absolutly loved Nessie, she's the precious little thing that came to be from hes love with Bella, it was hard at the beggining but it's all good now just like hes relationship with bella. :D :D :D
Love you always Edward and Bella
porscheturbo911
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by porscheturbo911 »

It kind of bothers me to think that Jacob is going to be the main guy in Renesmee's life. I reaaaallly wanted more Edward/Renesmee moments- I wanted more father/daughter bonding! In Breaking Dawn, Edward and Bella grew up so much. They seemed to have gone from teenagers crazy in love, to responsible, mature parents, overnight.
simple_love♫
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by simple_love♫ »

IrishTea wrote:To be honest - I wanted to see a lot more of Edward's parenting. Bella was definitely there a lot, but I felt we saw more Jacob parenting Nessie than Edward. I always pictured Edward to be absolutely doting on his children.
I agree!!! Renesmee only said "daddy" twice and I about died each time... I would have liked to see more of a relationship there.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノKitty.
Alice-Is-Awesome
Wandering Through Town

Post by Alice-Is-Awesome »

I totally agree.. I thought Edward would be way more into the parenting. Was anyone else not thrilled with the name Renesmee at first? I wasn't in love with it but it has definetly grown on my :) . Though i like the name Renesmee now, the nick name Nessie drives me crazy lol. I love her character though! I can soooo picture her with the cute lil curls :P
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[/url][/img]