General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
be my escape
Totally Inside Jacob's Mind

Jacob's Book

Post by be my escape »

Here is the place to discuss everything about Jacob's book. Did you find his voice interesting? What were your favorite parts?
Bella's_Mommy
Settled in Forks

Re: Jacob's Book

Post by Bella's_Mommy »

At first when I realized that Breaking Dawn was in three parts I was a little confused. I didn't particularly care for Jacob's point of view when I first started reading his book because I was mad at him from Eclipse. Then after getting to know him a little better, I REALLY LIKED his character! He has such a funny sense of humor, especially towards Rosalie. I thought his antagonistic actions were hilarious! I laughed out loud when he would tease her. I also liked reading the titles to his chapters because even those were his little snyde remarks. I also really liked reading what he thought of Bella and Edward and even the pain he felt when he thought Bella was gone.....His pain was so REAL. I think it would be interesting to have another book come out from Jacob's and Renesmee's point of view (when she's older, of course.) There is so much more to explore there.....
wolvamp
Settled in Forks

Post by wolvamp »

All I want to say to all the Jacob haters out there, "I told you so" Ha! :mrgreen: I always had faith in him and was always proud to say TEAM JACOB!!! I new it from the first book that he was someone very special. I could hear it everytime Bella mentioned his name and how she liked him, even though she hardly saw him in the first book.Book 2 (Jacob) in BD was definately an a ha moment for most! It's about time, thank you Stephenie! ;)
ellybean
Settled in Forks

Post by ellybean »

At first I was at Total TEAM EDWARD person but after I read Jacob's book I think I'am now a team swizterland! I thought Jacob was hilarious especially the chapter titles, I loved those! I really hope that Stephenie writes a book in his perspective!
hayweh
Settled in Forks

Post by hayweh »

Jacob's point of view was really interesting. You could see how the pack worked completely, especially when he broke away from Sam's pack.
Pixie
Settled in Forks

Post by Pixie »

This was my favorite part of Breaking Dawn. I loved being in Jacob's head.
tinuviel2006
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by tinuviel2006 »

His thoughts were hilarious, especially the chapter titles!! I've always been TEAM EDWARD, and I'm glad that Jacob finally imprinted, and found his happiness!
Paprika
Wandering Through Town

Post by Paprika »

I really liked Jake's POV, especially when he kept trying to imprint, and it was nice getting a peek into the pack psyche. I admired him when he broke away from Sam to form his own pack and to do what he knew was right.

Getting a look at Leah's head was pretty cool too. I must admit she was a character that I wasn't...overly fond of to say the least, but to see the immense hurt that captured her when Sam left her for Emily, I mean, that's alot of pain.
Come on and pick me up, somebody clear the wreckage from the blast....-Jack's Mannequin, The Resolution

So I know I'm not alone in a world full of Vampires-Jack's Mannequin, Cell Phone
Sarah-Lynn

Post by Sarah-Lynn »

Ok. Wow! For me, Jacob's book was the hardest to read! I have always been "Team Edward," but I love Jacob, too. I kept wondering when and if Jake would get his happy ending... I did enjoy the bits of humor throughout, because Jacob's book is so emotional with Bella's pregnancy and death, and the birth of Nessie... I cried alot, too; there's so much pain in his book! Then, my breath caught, and I had to close the book and actually walk away when he imprinted on Nessie... mixed emotions there- I was happy that he found his soul mate, but thought it was weird being Bella's daughter... I just had to cry hard and let it all out before I could pick it up and continue!
And, I know this sounds cheesy... Steph said that "My Never" is for page 355; so when I got BD back from my friend the other day, I read that page, and CRIED!!! I could hear the song in the background... "where did my friend go??" I know that music can be powerful, but when you have a mental image that goes along with the words, it just HITS you, you know?

I am finishing up Eclipse today, for the 3rd time... then I'll get to start BD for the 2nd... I read it so fast the first time, that this time I'll go slower to take it all in.

Kudos to Steph!!! I rarely get this caught up in a book or series... good grief, the songs she picks just tie in so well!
EvenFreaksNeedLove
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by EvenFreaksNeedLove »

I LOVED IT! I was so happy! Cuz I was extremely disturbed by Edward and Bella having sex cuz Edward in bed makes me wanna barf(haha I actually gaged! haha) ewwie... I was chanting "I hate this book, I hate this book, I hate this book" over and over in my head. But then just magically it turned over to Jacob's POV and I was like... YES! *SQUEAL* I love Jacob, and those chapters only made me love him more. <3 They also made me really like Leah, I was never that fond of her, but now she's one of my favourite characters.

I really liked all the Jake and Quil moments, I love man-love! It's so cute! I wish there were some Jake/Quil/Embry moments. Like a nice big bro hug. But I suppose that's asking too much.

I think my favourite chapter was when Jacob went to the park to try and imprint. It was just so painful and amazing. I really loved the chapter name too. It's like, my favourite quote EVER <3

and yeah... :)
What do I look like? The Wizard of Oz? You need a brain? You need a heart? Go ahead. Take mine. Take everything I have.
JB<3