General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Immy93
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Jacob's Book

Post by Immy93 »

foolinthemoon wrote:I loved the chapter names for Jacobs books as well, some were funny, some kinda heart breaking. One things for sure, and I wasn't sure how i was going to feel about it at first, was i LOVED reading from Jacobs POV.

Also, did anyone else notice, that Jacob didn't have a preface with chapters? I thought it symbolized the wolf in him, and the fact that he can be kinda unpredictable, and you don't know what your going to get until you get there. Much like the Wolves and Alices Vision (being that she can't see their future) i thought that symbolism was brilliant. I hope that makes sense, I have a tooth ache and am pretty drugged up. : P

Also, as the imprinting thing goes. I don't think its a bad thing at all. Think of all the pressure it would take off of you if you did experience true love/compatibility at first sight. That without a doubt, you know you could live with that person and ALWAYS be happy? I want someone to imprint on me! lol
I completely agree about the imprinting thing!
Or even better, if you imprinted on them as well so it'd be 100% true love!
Or even better, if it was Taylor Lautner who imprinted on you.....

I should calm down, I'm getting slightly carried away!
:lol:

xxx
ImageEdward Cullen
Tyr
Settled in Forks

Post by Tyr »

I forgot to add that in my post, I did enjoy how it was symbolized.

And yes the fact that you knew they loved you would be a safety net. I still think it would be more meaningful if you had to fight for it. Something given has no value.
foolinthemoon
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by foolinthemoon »

Tyr wrote:And yes the fact that you knew they loved you would be a safety net. I still think it would be more meaningful if you had to fight for it. Something given has no value.
I understand what you mean, but take it from someone who's heart was trampled on completely after they fought a long hard battle. I'd rather imprint :/ (but this is simply my opinion for myself :3 )
Midnight Sun Virgin ~ E<3B ~ Marcus doesn't seem to care that I love him... <3
Tyr
Settled in Forks

Post by Tyr »

Foolinthemoon trust me I do understand you, my heart was ripped out by the same girl multiple times. So I totally understand how Jacob feels because I still adore the girl and if she needed anything she knows she could come to me, because she is still one of my best friends.

Fighting for love, even if you lose is what makes that bond stronger.
TrueBlood
Settled in Forks

Post by TrueBlood »

Hi,

I agree with most of you the Imprinting was harmless after all she is a baby and just wants to be sure she is safe and sound. However, after rereading Jacob's book it made me nervous for Nessie to a degree, since Jacob and Leah both thought Imprinting was about breeding instead of undying love. Which means the little wolf in Jacob's mind is waiting like the dog wanting to go outside for her to get older. The thing is Jacob does love Nessie and I think if Nessie decided for some reason to just keep him a friend, a good friend mind you he would not be hurt because she was happy.

I loved his titles they made me chuckle which helped in some of the story. I really admired him when he broke off from the pack. The way it was written was just so well written, it left me with the image of him actually sheding the chains and becoming his own man.

The pregnancy was not a big deal for me, since you kinda knew she would survive which toke all the fun out of it.
EandB

Post by EandB »

I feel bad for Jake him and Nessie can't ever be together.Why wouldn't you want Bella to live?
TrueBlood
Settled in Forks

Post by TrueBlood »

I do wonder if what that one poster (Sorry I forget the name) said about the alluring abilities of a half blood.

It would make sense as a self defense reflex. Someone is coming at you, intent to harm or kill you, they meet eye contact and them wam they are so drawn into you that they could not hurt you. In a normal vampire or human that might be ok, but in a wolf like Jacob it might trigger the imprint instinct. After all like the one poster said Jacob saw Nessie before and was intent on killing her. It was only after he came after her with the intent to kill that he imprinted.

Ooo that would make for such a great fifth book. Jacob realizing his Imprinting was a false positive and that he still has a soulmate out there to find. But maybe Nessie gets hooked on the attention of Jacob and gets jealous. Reverse love triangle.

Sorry ranting, back to the book at hand. I loved his blonde jokes, it was funny that the rest of the Cullens seemed to enjoy his taunting of Rose because they all do the same at one point or another.
TeamJacob!
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by TeamJacob! »

TrueBlood wrote:I do wonder if what that one poster (Sorry I forget the name) said about the alluring abilities of a half blood.

It would make sense as a self defense reflex. Someone is coming at you, intent to harm or kill you, they meet eye contact and them wam they are so drawn into you that they could not hurt you. In a normal vampire or human that might be ok, but in a wolf like Jacob it might trigger the imprint instinct. After all like the one poster said Jacob saw Nessie before and was intent on killing her. It was only after he came after her with the intent to kill that he imprinted.

Ooo that would make for such a great fifth book. Jacob realizing his Imprinting was a false positive and that he still has a soulmate out there to find. But maybe Nessie gets hooked on the attention of Jacob and gets jealous. Reverse love triangle.

Sorry ranting, back to the book at hand. I loved his blonde jokes, it was funny that the rest of the Cullens seemed to enjoy his taunting of Rose because they all do the same at one point or another.

i would so read that...but again Jake gets the short end of the stick.
E<3B but I <3 Jacob
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER SECURITY
>>>Thinks her avie provides proof that Rob does indeed have muscles...;D
foolinthemoon

Post by foolinthemoon »

TrueBlood wrote:I do wonder if what that one poster (Sorry I forget the name) said about the alluring abilities of a half blood.

While that's an interesting and well thought out theory, I'm pretty sure its not a false imprint, and not a storyline that would be ensued. There's too many facts of the story that contribute to proving that it was a true imprint.

First off, He and Bella have always felt the need to have each other in their lives. Jacob pursued her on a romantic front, while Bella initially simply wanted him there in her life, this changed as the story continued, well justified as Jacob was the glue that held Bella together way too many times during her personal dark ages. He even brings this up when Bella first realizes he's imprinted. That even she knew they were SUPPOSED to be in each others lives, some way, some how.

She also makes mention of how his pain was her own, and she didn't want him to suffer. (there is a specific qoute i'd like to find, but i can't remember WHICH book it was in) While i know this is a sign of love, its a sign of ALL types of love, I found myself, even the first time i read it, thinking she was very maternal towards jacob at times. Which made sense to me later on being that, THAT is exactly how the relationship ended up being in one sense, that she'd be his future mother in law *laughs*

Her Need to have Jacob around, became very fierce and much like a craving while she was pregnant. So much so that it hurt Edward, however, she was well unaware that it wasn't really her that craved Jacob's companionship. (yes, i beleive Nessie drew Jacob while still in the womb) I also beleive thats why JACOB kept coming back, time and time again, though his heart would break everytime he saw her. This would also explain his need to break away from his pack and PROTECT her. He thought he was simply protecting Bella, I think there was always a part of him that wanted to protect what was growing inside of her as well, if not more. These Needs for each others company and even their feelings of more than friendship, simply disappeared after Nessie's birth, though Bella, still worried for him.

After she gave birth to Nessie, he made the remark that he KNEW she was dead, because what drew him to HER was no longer there, he was now drawn down the stairs, (and out the door or so he assumed). However, thats not true, because she wasn't really dead. When He realized that it was the baby he was being drawn to, he was filled with greif and once again assumed that it was to avenge the death of the woman he loved. However, It was the eye contact that made him realize that the gravitational pull he felt from Bella he was now experiencing 100 times fold with Nessie. He makes mention in Eclipse, that Imprinting isn't forced, and you only have to see her.
Last edited by foolinthemoon on Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Midnight Sun Virgin ~ E<3B ~ Marcus doesn't seem to care that I love him... <3
TrueBlood
Settled in Forks

Post by TrueBlood »

Where in Eclipse is this line about eye contact, I must have missed it.