Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
spicey16
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Jacob's Book

Post by spicey16 »

by tinuviel2006 on Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:42 am

His thoughts were hilarious, especially the chapter titles!! I've always been TEAM EDWARD, and I'm glad that Jacob finally imprinted, and found his happiness!

the chapter titles were the BEST!!!! he's one of the funniest characters i've ever read!
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

I liked Jacob from the beginning to me both he and Edward had that certain "something" and I understood how Bella was attracted to both.

When I first started reading his book, I was a little confused (I don't think that's the proper word, but that's all I can come up with) but then I started really enjoying his point of view. I liked how he could still keep his sense of humor even though his heart was breaking.

Without the Jacob character, there would have been less humor, some of his comments/one liners were totally too funny and I couldn't stop laughing.

It's also nice to see that he accepted his rightful destiny (as being an Alpha) and others followed.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
smurnane
Settled in Forks

Post by smurnane »

I must admit that I wasn't crazy about Jacob especially after Eclipse. He just seemed so cocky to me. After reading Book 2 from his perspective, it completely changed my view of him. I felt like I understood him more as a character because the storytelling was now from him. When the story is told from Bella's perspective I don't think you can fully appreciate the other characters because how Bella feels about them colors her perception. I will say that I do like Jacob now as a character and better appreciate the other books now that I have had this brief insight into his mind.
ABeautifulLetdown
Settled in Forks

Post by ABeautifulLetdown »

I was a little angry at first, because I was afraid it wasn't going to have much to do with Edward and Bella and her pregnancy. However, I think it was better that Jacob narrated this part. It was refreshing to get a different perspective.. and a fairly bitter one at that. I think SM did a great job in incorporating Bella's feelings and such during the pregnancy just through her spoken words. And, as most have said, it definitely made me appreciate Jacob. He *almost* reaches Edward's level. Almost.
Now you know... no one's ever loved anyone as much as I love you.
inlovewithmyJasper54
Learning to Love Green
Location: Florida - waiting for a Vampire to shine in the sunlight

Post by inlovewithmyJasper54 »

I loved the titles of the chapters in Jacob's book. They always made me laugh :lol: It was good to have funny titles too because some parts I really needed some cheering up... :cry: lol His mind was really interesting too. like: simple, and yet not... lol now I sound simple minded. hahaha :D
ImageImage
both made by... me! =) <3
Lioness Rampant
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Lioness Rampant »

yeah, the titles in the rest of the book were a deep and meaninful- quite obscure!
but Jake's book was a nice little breather- a lightness amongst the heavy stuff. something about his atitude that just was relieveing. I'm glad the book was there- it broke things up nicely!
the chapter titles- :lol: amazing!
ColormeBSG
tricia
Learning to Love Green

Post by tricia »

I loved Jacob's point of view. He really doesn't over think to much. Edward's pov is deep and complicated. Bella's pov is good too, but more serious.

Jacob sees things as they are and just states them as he sees it. period. point blank. He doesn't ponder to much, he just takes it in.

He is so funny. I know everyone has said it but the chapter titles are fantastic.

I am glad SM did his point of view... after all Bella isn't doing much but being physicly miserable and mentally thrilled all at the same time while being pregnant. Edward is in Hell. So Jake is perfect. It was really brilliant.
"Her existence alone was excuse enough to justify the creation of the entire world."

And, by the way, I adore you... in frightening, dangerous ways.
Ms.BelleFlanders
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Ms.BelleFlanders »

Jacob's book was my favorite everrrr!!!
I wish so much that SM writes some Jacob POV book some day in the future.
And the most interesting part is that SM gave a total boyish sound for it. If I didn't know SM was a woman, I'd swear it was a story writen by a man.
Besides, Jacob's thoughts are really funny!!! :) :lol:
Icykeez
Settled in Forks

Post by Icykeez »

This chunk of the book was terrible, sure it had cute chapter titles, but Jacob's perpective/Jacob in general annoys me to no avail. While I was in Jacob's book I was just thinking "when are we going back to Bella's perspective?" over and over. I was so excited when I flipped the page and realized that the rest of the book would not be from his perspective. :D
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

needless to say, i LOVED jacob's POV. i really was not too pleased with BD, but this is where SM really excelled. for some reason when she's writing jacob or from jacob's POV, her writing just seems to shine. i think he's the liveliest character in the whole series, with the exception of maybe leah. he's got flaws and stuff, yes, but he's so REAL. so i think that writing from his perspective allowed SM's character writing abilities to really shine.

i admit that i did NOT like the idea at first, but i think it fit into the story nicely. i think bella's POV would have been terrible at that point, and would have driven me crazy. i was concerned that we would not see bella and edward, but for like, a nanosecond, because i was then like, no SM would so not do that to us.

honestly, if you were thinking the whole time "when are we getting back to bella???" you probably weren't allowing yourself to appreciate it.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...