General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Re: Jacob's Book

Post by switzgal »

I love this part in Jacob's book when he was thinking this to himself...

"Instead of being the A/V dweeb about to ask the head cheerleader to the prom, I was the finished-second-place werewolf about to ask the vampires wife to shack up and procreate. Nice."
eliselovesedwardx
Completely Dazzled!

Post by eliselovesedwardx »

switzgal wrote:I love this part in Jacob's book when he was thinking this to himself...

"Instead of being the A/V dweeb about to ask the head cheerleader to the prom, I was the finished-second-place werewolf about to ask the vampires wife to shack up and procreate. Nice."
That is an awesome quote! I loved reading that! :lol:
I remember I told myself I had to remember that..but then I forgot..I can't wait to read it again! :lol:
::Elise:: Backhoe Operator for EDC, Inc~EDC's Cheer Squad Captain!
I'm on the List~The names Mooner
runswithwolves
Officially Bitten!
Location: On Taylor's right bicep staring at the new Wolfpack picture

Post by runswithwolves »

eliselovesedwardx wrote:
switzgal wrote:I love this part in Jacob's book when he was thinking this to himself...

That is an awesome quote! I loved reading that! :lol:
I remember I told myself I had to remember that..but then I forgot..I can't wait to read it again! :lol:
I forgot to remember too :lol:. That is so funny!
J<3B ~I <3 Ian~I<3Peeta~Team Zane RIP~I<3Fang
Taylor's right bicep ~ http://www.teamtaycob.webs.com/
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

I love Jacob but I do feel sad for him. He put his feeling out there and Bella finally told him that she had feeling for him too but she couldn't be with him because she was in love with Edward just as much as she was in love with him, it was sad.

I know this maybe way off topic but she loves Jake just as much as she loves Edward but I wonder if she was drawn to Jake before seeing Edward would the whole story changed.

So basically, If she seen Jacob walking into the cafeteria before Edward would it be the same story just in reverse?
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
runswithwolves
Officially Bitten!
Location: On Taylor's right bicep staring at the new Wolfpack picture

Post by runswithwolves »

skylarblue wrote:I love Jacob but I do feel sad for him. He put his feeling out there and Bella finally told him that she had feeling for him too but she couldn't be with him because she was in love with Edward just as much as she was in love with him, it was sad.

I know this maybe way off topic but she loves Jake just as much as she loves Edward but I wonder if she was drawn to Jake before seeing Edward would the whole story changed.

So basically, If she seen Jacob walking into the cafeteria before Edward would it be the same story just in reverse?
I never really thought of that but it makes alot of sense, I think that she still would have ended up with Edward even though I would like to think she would of ended up with Jacob.
J<3B ~I <3 Ian~I<3Peeta~Team Zane RIP~I<3Fang
Taylor's right bicep ~ http://www.teamtaycob.webs.com/
Visitor
Settled in Forks

Post by Visitor »

Jacob’s book was very therapeutic in helping me get over some of my lingering issues with his character since Eclipse. And what I learned was that, yes, Jacob is really a good character with mostly decent motives. And that, yes, I can FINALLY see why SM and others like him so much. More importantly I learned that it’s not me, it’s him 8-) . Meaning: There still are certain aspects of his character that simply do not appeal to me on a personal level. To put it simply, I am now fairly certain that Jacob is a perfectly wonderful cup of tea. He’s just not MY cup of tea. As werewolves go, Seth is more my style. But overall, Book 2 helped me regain my appreciation for Jacob’s role in the series.
skylarblue wrote:He put his feeling out there and Bella finally told him that she had feeling for him too but she couldn't be with him because she was in love with Edward just as much as she was in love with him, it was sad.
Bella told Jacob she couldn’t pick him because she didn’t love him enough. What the word “enough” means to Bella is debatable. But I’ve always interpreted it to mean that her love for Edward was too great to pass up on. Hence her decision to end her life just to be with Edward. If she loved Jacob “just as much” as Edward, it would make Bella’s final sacrifice seem almost silly. It just wouldn’t make a whole lot of sense for Bella to die for a guy she loves “just as much” as the next guy.

Not only does “just as much” make Bella’s choice seem pointless, it also contradicts what Bella herself has said on the subject numerous times . . . “I was in love with [Jacob], but it was not enough to change anything”. Plus that wonderful Wuthering Heights quote at the end of Eclipse. You know the one where Bella says something along the lines of, ‘if all the world remained and he was annihilated the world would be a very strange place’ or something like that. From all of that, I think we are supposed to infer that the love Bella feels for Edward surpasses anything else. So much so that she’s willing to die for it.

but I wonder if she was drawn to Jake before seeing Edward would the whole story changed.

I’ve wondered this too. And I can only assume that Bella would still wind up with Edward. That’s assuming that everything else in the story remained the same (i.e., personalities, back stories, traits, etc.) Because if nothing else in the story changes, then Bella would still wind up meeting her true love match, Edward. Only the order of their introduction would change. If anything, changing the who-meets-whom-when dynamic would only cause Bella to actually hesitate during her choice in Eclipse, since she would have to contend with an even stronger relationship with Jacob. But if Edward was still the same Edward and Bella still the same Bella, I can’t see how the results would be any different.

Now, if any iota of the character’s personalities were to change during the story’s revamp, then it is quite possible that Bella would have felt a stronger pull towards Jacob than Edward.
TeamJacob!
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by TeamJacob! »

Just finished reading it, i absolutely loved reading from his point of view. I found it so much more interesting and there were so many LOL moments. I felt so bad for him, how much he was hurting but he did wat he had to do. I still don't know how people can hate him after read his PoV and seeing how much he was there for bella but also edward. it just makes me love him more.
E<3B but I <3 Jacob
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER SECURITY
>>>Thinks her avie provides proof that Rob does indeed have muscles...;D
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

My friend still has my Breaking Dawn. It has been months. I don't see her often!! I want to read Jacob's Book again. Right now I'm almost done with the Host. I might re-read Eclipse again after that.
Tyr
Settled in Forks

Post by Tyr »

I just skipped from page 4 to posting, sorry if I am saying anything anyone else has.

I just got into the series which was lucky for me because once I stick my nose into a series I need to be able to read it start to end without waiting. Which is why the HP books ticked me off even though I adored them.

I liked Jacob's book for as many reasons as it bugged me. His titles were funny of course and it gave you bits of what he was thinking, mostly because some of them seemed to be the first thought of his sentince. It was good to see how he thought of himself and the others without going through Edward as a middle man. His time as a wolf and interacting with the pack gave a good insight to them and how they work and it also showed how good Seth was, because even Jacob could not measure up to his packmate in the purity of his heart. It was good to see his view of the pregnancy seeing Bella in so much pain and still trying to be herself to make everyone else hurt less. His breaking off was amusing to me because of his line to Sam about his grandfather's grandson son was not meant to follow Sam's grandfather's grandson. It showed his good and bad sides and it was a interesting sight into his mind.

I didn't like it because of the way he kept running back and forth from Bella to somewhere else. Then later in the book claims it was Nessie who drew him to Bella. He went there to kill Edward and the Cullens first time, second time was to warn the Cullens about the pack. He kept coming back because he was told she ask for him or something. His time in the park broke with what Jacob had said in NM about not wanting to Imprint, which I respected him for more then anything else. He wanted to forge his own love not have some wolf instinct rule that to. But by BD he was begging to imprint, which granted I can see why. But SM annoyed me so much by giving this stupid happy ending by have him imprint on Nessie just because it made the story a nice little bow. I find it amusing that it was discribed that Imprinting was on first sight, never mentioned meeting eyes. Jacob saw Nessie bite Bella's breast and told Edward to throw her out the window, not very loving. He went downstairs to kill Nessie and just happened to imprint just in time to save her. Love triangles do not have neat tidy happy endings.

The imprinting also made no sense to me. In NM I think Jacob says it is rare, then the majority of the original pack imprinted within a few months. Jared, Quil, Paul all within months of one another then Jacob imprinted, not counting Sam because his was first and we don't have a timeline for it. He and Leah discuss this and it gives a creepy insight to his way of thinking once imprinted on a newborn. That Imprinting is not about love, he said that to make it sound less creepy and more romantic to Bella no doubt. Leah and Him talk about the theories and they all have to do with mating, those who give you the best chance of passing on the wolf gene or making a stronger wolf somewhere down the line. So in other words imprinting means he wants to have kids with Nessie, he is just all screwy afterward to notice. He was not the same, he made a few jokes and such after imprinting but he was no where near the jacob from before and that made me think Jacob is just another mindless pawn to his wolf side.

Overall, I loved the book it was so good to see through his eyes because I did love the old Jacod, but BD jacob is not totally the same as NM or even Eclipse. He just changed totally from wanting to find love on his own to begging to imprint then after to being this house pet.

I miss the old Jacob, the one with a spine and a soul.
TeamJacob!
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by TeamJacob! »

All i can say Tyr is WOW :o dat was long..nice effort!
I think that he changed his mind and wanted to imprint so bad in BD, cos he was just really really lonely and just needed someone, cos the whole Bella thing was kinda killing slowly. and seeing all his pack find that kind of love and always seeing their thoughts and memories didn't make it any easier either. And the whole imprinting thing i think dats SM fault or whatever for making sound a bit creepy, she could of made it better at least keep the babies out of it.
E<3B but I <3 Jacob
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER SECURITY
>>>Thinks her avie provides proof that Rob does indeed have muscles...;D