Settled in Forks

Re: Jacob's Book

Post by Rosalie Fan »

Loved his book i thought it was really good it my favorite . in the book kinda
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

That almost surprises me, since your username is Rosalie Fan and she didn't come off too well in that part of the book, at least to me.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Alisa
Settled in Forks

Post by Alisa »

I LOVE Jacob's book! It contains some of the funniest lines in the entire saga! I especially loved his comments about Rosalie, or should I say "blondie"- they had me rolling with laughter time after time! I thought it was really cool seeing the Twilight world from a different point of view.
Alisa
alice_rocks
Settled in Forks

Post by alice_rocks »

Jacob's book...well when I first realized that there was a Jacob's book I was confused, furious, and then ok. LOL...I went thru all the emotions I think before I even read it. But the first time reading it was..kind of confusing...I think the only reason that was confusing to me was I was just so used to hearing Bella's voice in my mind that I had a really hard time wrapping his point of view around my thick skull (I know I wish I could have been a little more unbiased, but I love Edward). But it really wasn't until I listened the audio book that I realized how much I actually liked Jacob's point of view. The audio book helped me out immensely because a guy was reading Jacob's book (I think it was the whole girl/guy thing in my mind). So it really helped me listening to it the second time. Now I have to say that I really enjoy listening to Jacob's book. I am a 100% Edward lover, but I think it helped me open up more to Jacob than I had in the first three books.
"I'm betting on Alice!" ~Bella
Tar_Ancalyme
Settled in Forks

Post by Tar_Ancalyme »

probably my favorite part of BD :) i absolutely loved jacob´s storytelling - i mean, things were pretty serious at the point in the story, but I was still laughing most of the time while reading... all the seth moments were priceless, and the leah moments, and the jake´s-annoyed-when-edward-reads-his-mind moments... and the rose-jake fights, of course :D I heard some people say that they missed edward&bella stuff in this part, but I think it WAS there, just put in a different way, subtler... they were little things, but very strong: like the part when edward says that he and carlisle are the ones bella´s afraid of and she almost cries because she doesn´t want to hurt him... or the part when jacob finds them staring into each other´s eyes and it reminds him of sam and emily... I admit the physical relationship was a little reduced there, but it´s not like we did´t get a full refund for that later :D I rarely cry over books (I did only once during the whole saga - the "you´ll always be my best man" line did it :D), but there were several moments in jacob´s book that were really close... the "all the king´s horses..." part, or when jake comes back from the aston drive, and sees in bella´s eyes everything he´s been looking for... :(
rainbowcrayon
Wandering Through Town

Jacob's Book

Post by rainbowcrayon »

I am a huge fan of Jacob over Edward, and I was ecstatic to find that, at one o'clock in the morning when I finally got to that section in Breaking Dawn, that it was narrated by Jacob! It was what I had been wanting... The bit at the end of Eclipse had not been enough for me, either to revel in the pure Jacob-ness or to even truly understand his character. I absolutely loved his narration, from his crazy thoughts to conversations with Seth and confrontations with Leah and dealing with Edward and fighting with Rosalie and hurting himself over Bella... It only made me adore him more. I understood him, and didn't want it to end. But, it had to, and despite the fact I didn't particularly care for the turn of events in his imprint on Renesmee, but the bit right at the end before it switched back to Bella made me cry, then I put the book down for about a half an hour to just cry at about three thirty in the morning, think about Jacob, and wonder what was going to happen. In the grand scheme of things, I had seen it coming, but the imprint wasn't really like what I'd imagined at all. I wasn't entirely displeased, and yet I had been fighting against it ever since I'd subconsciously figured it out. In my mind, Renesmee really isn't good enough for Jacob, like Bella says at the end of Eclipse. Please don't kill me. I just wanted so much more for Jacob than what I thought Renesmee could give him... Though with the way the plot line worked out, it's the only conceivable end that resolves his character that isn't downright ridiculous, unlikely even within the bounds of the fictional story, or would have the reader continue to care about the characters. Thus I am resigned to Renesmee, and am coming to know her amazingness slowly, bit by bit. Jacob is incredible, and I loved this glimpse into his mind, particularly when he is driving the Aston Martin, and talking to Bella, and running with Seth, and well... All of it.
If you're not really here, I don't want to be either. I want to be next to you.
black and gold, black and gold, black and gold, black and gold, black and gold, black and gold.
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

I was so shocked when I arrived at the Jacob part.... I had something like "Ok now what???"
I am a huge team edward supporter... Don't get me wrong I have no hate feelings towards Jacob but for me jacob was to young and acted to much that way...
I'va always been more atracted to the more serious and more mature edward... ;)

When reading book II the first few chapter I really didn't like, and still I don't like them. After that Jacob sides with Bella things got a lot more interesting...
I love his funny sarcastic way of thinking, but also how he interacts whit the vampires. he hates them but he also starts to get more and more at home there... it's so funny to read.
I didn't feel sorry for him, he always knew that to get Bella was a lost cause so I think a lot of missery he created himself, but I was happy to see that he imprinted...that he got an happy ending also.
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
GentleGeorge
Settled in Forks

Post by GentleGeorge »

It was strange reading things from someone else's point of view because I'm so used to reading it from Bella's but I thought it worked well. He's gone a funny, saracastic sense of humour and I loved the bits with him and Rosalie fighting :lol: I liked the chapter titles aswell.