Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
edward x lover
Fishing with Charlie

Re: Bella's Cottage

Post by edward x lover »

as far as layout goes..... bear with me I get confusing

so you walk in the door and immediatley to your right is the living room really cozy with a fire place and a comfy couch and stuff. Then if you walk staright ahead there is an open kitchen (you know like no walls open to the living room) then to the left there is a door to Bella and Edwards bedroom. To the right of the kitchen at the end of a small hall is Nessie room and a bathroom. The cottage has only one floor in my mind.
~Lee~
Team Ian because human guys can be perfect.
Team Edward-Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901
RDC<3
heartscreams
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by heartscreams »

edward x lover wrote:as far as layout goes..... bear with me I get confusing

so you walk in the door and immediatley to your right is the living room really cozy with a fire place and a comfy couch and stuff. Then if you walk staright ahead there is an open kitchen (you know like no walls open to the living room) then to the left there is a door to Bella and Edwards bedroom. To the right of the kitchen at the end of a small hall is Nessie room and a bathroom. The cottage has only one floor in my mind.
haha, i was having the same problem too. i can't visualize Nessie's room, or rather the small hall leading to her room. :( so Bella and Edward's room is on the left, but much nearer to the kitchen than to the front door?

i'm trying to think back of the cottage in the movie, The Holiday, as said by Tengo Nubs. hmm... something like that, but not double-storey?
Tengo Nubs.
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: Fighting off all the chubies who want to steal her fictional men. ::cough::SAM&SHEL::cough::

Post by Tengo Nubs. »

^^ yea, i wasn't think double story either. there would be no upstairs, just higher ceilings with wooden beams and stuff. plus it would be bigger. i think in my mind the cottage from the holiday fits in in the sense that it's real cozy and everything is mismatched, yet it goes together perfectly. and also the cottage in my mind is peaceful and warm and inviting, like the one in the movie. plus it has books everywhere! of course.
Sam and Shel <3 --Twinnies Randomness Regular. Addicted to the Brothers <3
heartscreams
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by heartscreams »

Tengo Nubs.!! your avie is killing me!! hahha.

yea, the one in the movie is the closest. oh, the whole lot of books brings out the visual much clearer. but when it comes to Bella and Edward's bedroom and the small garden, i was thinking of one of the episode of MTV The Cribs! like how most celebrities have a small garden out in their backyard, from maybe one of their entertainment room downstairs.

but the closet that Alice came up with, wow! i'm lost with that!
Tengo Nubs.
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: Fighting off all the chubies who want to steal her fictional men. ::cough::SAM&SHEL::cough::

Post by Tengo Nubs. »

why thank you, heartscreams. i about died when i found that picture, so i'm glad you enjoy it. i happen to very much like the picture of rob you have in your signature, so yay!

yea i can't really picture the closet. well, i mean, i can but it's just very far from a closet i would ever have...so i can't really relate. all the room in my own closet is taken up by two big bookcases. so yea lol.
JulesCullen
Settled in Forks

Post by JulesCullen »

I wonder if the Cullens built it themselves or hired some people. Probably the later, but wouldn't it be a little strange to build a little house really close to the other house in the middle of the forest? And does it have a bathroom? Because there might be some really odd questions if there wasn't. And there are no secrets in Forks. So there were probably quite a few people who knew that the Cullens were building Edward and Bella their own little retreat.

Oooo, I wonder what the builders thought when they kept having to rebuild Emmet/Rosalie's house? :D
"Why am I covered in feathers?"
"I bit a pillow. Or two."

Tengo Nubs.
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Tengo Nubs. »

i might be wrong (and i'm too lazy to go look it up) but didn't the cottage already exist and then esme and alice refurbished it? i thought i remember reading something about it being really old....::shrugs::
inlovewithmyJasper54
Learning to Love Green
Location: Florida - waiting for a Vampire to shine in the sunlight

Post by inlovewithmyJasper54 »

Alice's_Guineapig.x wrote:I loved the cottage and am glad it wasn't too far from the house. I always thought it would be weird if Bella (and now Renesmee) shared Edwards room.
My favourite part of the cottage is by far Bella's clothes closet!! I love the way Alice keeps trying to teach Bella some fashion sence when she is clearly uninterested. I must say though, if I were a character in Twilight etc I would be Alice, we are just soo simular!!!.xx :D
I loved the closet too!! I started laughing when it had the jeans and regular t-shirts in the way back lol The cottage sounded so cute and I like the fact that they used the bed from Isle Esme lol
ImageImage
both made by... me! =) <3
edward x lover
Fishing with Charlie

Post by edward x lover »

heartscreams wrote:
edward x lover wrote:as far as layout goes..... bear with me I get confusing

haha, i was having the same problem too. i can't visualize Nessie's room, or rather the small hall leading to her room. :( so Bella and Edward's room is on the left, but much nearer to the kitchen than to the front door?

i'm trying to think back of the cottage in the movie, The Holiday, as said by Tengo Nubs. hmm... something like that, but not double-storey?
Haha sorry I get confusing I can't really say it the right way in my mind it is so clear. So the bedroom door is like equal distance from the kitchen and front door. And then off the living room is a little hall to Nessies bedroom. I pictured their house very small because of it being called a cottage.
~Lee~
Team Ian because human guys can be perfect.
Team Edward-Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901
RDC<3
glstewart
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by glstewart »

Hey!!! Bella's cottage is MY dream house! Just like Bella: Simple, yet exquisite.
I Want to Believe