Bella's Pregnancy

General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
vampirenerd
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: In my fantasy world with Edward...and Jacob (why not?)

Re: Bella's Pregnancy

Post by vampirenerd »

Didn't SM also say, after BD came out, that she said it in that exact way to mislead us? So, without actually saying that a male vamp can't get a human pregnant she tried to make us think that so that the pregnancy in BD would come as a shock.
suzzeeQ
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by suzzeeQ »

I still don't understand how it was possible.
MiVidaLoca
Learning to Love Green

Post by MiVidaLoca »

I liked breaking dawn, only thing I didn't like was that it meant it was the end. I haven't found a set of books that I really got into since I was a teenager. I really got into these books and it woke me up to reading again. I used to be a huge reader. The pregnancy didn't shock me either. The minute she said Edward made enough for 2 and she ate all of it I knew, then the other signs were there leading into it. Maybe because I have 4 kids I picked up on it quick, but I even though before hand, watch her end up pregnant since she probably isn't using any birth control. I am just sad that it's over, I want to hear more about what becomes of Nessie and jacob so I hope Stephanie goes there at some point.

I don't think the venom acts as sperm as I have read, it would act as semen I am pretty sure. But I am surprised the transformation didn't kill his sperm.
lady4string

Post by lady4string »

I can relate to Bella here. I was one to never fantasize about weddings growing up. I actually sort of cringed at the thought (I'm from a small town where a lot of people got married right out of high school). Then after college I got married and for a long time (comparatively) we thought we didn't want to have kids and then we decided to have one. Once I found out I was pregnant, I would do anything for the little creature inside. I had a very difficult pregnancy and she was early (but healthy thank God). In that sense I can totally see how Bella got everything she wanted and everything she didn't know she wanted.
funkidiva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by funkidiva »

I still dont know what to make of Bella's pregnancy. I wasnt expecting SM to go down that avenue in the book! There I was thinking there would be a bit more about them being newly weds etc. and along came that storeyline.

Strange that it was written from Jacob's point of view and not Bella's but once I got over the fact the book was going in a different direction than I thought I started to want to read about the lead up to the birth of Renesmee and the actual birth bit got me reading the pages very quickly!

Ive thought about how come Bella was able to get pregnant in the first place by Edward but end up more and more confused haha. I suppose as some of his bodily functions and organs are still in place and used i.e. his eyes to see out of it should be no surpise that he functions normally sexually too. I still cant quite figure it out though as he has venom flowing through his body instead of human liquids i.e. blood so how can he be fertile?
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb" "...What shoes had Alice put me in? Stilettos? She'd lost her mind..."
Dxplora07
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Dxplora07 »

I get a little confused as to how Edward is still fertile.....I know SM says that not ALL his bodily fluids are replaced by venom...but even so, sperm has to be kept in a certain degree of warmth for them to not die. I know that if a guy gets too cold his body automaticly...um...adjusts....so that the sperm can be kept warm, and if he's too hot, his body "adjusts" so the sperm arent too hot.....that being said, i guess I just have to go with the assumption that when edward transformed, he's not human at all, and instead of human sperm, he has special vampire sperm that needs to be cold to work...if he still had human sperm then it would have made sense for Renesme to be 100% human, with no vampire traits.
funkidiva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by funkidiva »

Thats a good point Dxplora, that his sperm cant be fully human as otherwise Renesme would have been 100% human. Edward's sperm therefore must be vampire sperm/venom but functions like human sperm i.e. is fertile like human sperm.
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb" "...What shoes had Alice put me in? Stilettos? She'd lost her mind..."
katie
Settled in Forks

Post by katie »

Yeah, this was a shocker! I think that because basically the vampires are essentially humans that have become vampires, they still would be able to 'ahem' preform!!!
Dxplora07
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Dxplora07 »

TY, funkidiva! I guess that would have to be the correct theory, because I was thinking....I know in Breaking Dawn Carlisle talked about how many chromosomes vampires have compared to humans and vampires. I cannot remember off hand how many it was, but I think it was 1 or 2 more than humans...didn't he say werewolves and humans had the same amount? Anyway, so I guess it runs along the same lines as the Horse+Donkey=Mule theory, Edward must have vampire sperm, and not regular human sperm.
Samlawali
Settled in Forks
Location: "this" close to crossing over to the dark side..with Edward of course!

Post by Samlawali »

Wasn't the chromosones 13 for human, 15 for the shape shifters and 14 for Renesmee? Thats sounds familiar, off the top of my head, but I would have to go back and check and unfortunately I am at work!!

Bad, bad employee!!
"Life isn't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful ride" - Gary Allen
"Is it not enough to have a long and happy life with me? ...Yeah, for now..."