Bella's Pregnancy

General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TeamEdward1918
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Wandering outside Forks looking for a certain house...

Re: Bella's Pregnancy

Post by TeamEdward1918 »

Well, I can't say I'm positive, but I feel like after reading posts on a lot of different message boards that most people adored Nessie so soon, even when Bella was still pregnant. Can't be sure though, JMO.

Before I joined/posted in here I thought I was the only one who wasn't thrilled when Bella realized she was pregnant

Who knows? lol. But either way, you're definitely not alone, I guarantee that :)
I am a Twilighter with OCD
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side"
E<3B
Edward Cullen: Volvos Never Looked So Good
Jazzy
Learning to Love Green
Location: Vancouver, BC (Where New Moon is being filmed YEAH!!)

Post by Jazzy »

debussygirl... i loved renesmee too almost right from the beginning =)

i was also fooled and i thought the baby would be a boy at first

either way, i could not stand the thought of them aborting the baby. I was very upset that it was torturing Edward, but at the same time I remember thinking when they got married: wouldn't it just be perfect if they could have a child? that way it would be like Bella did not have to sacrifice much when she chose vampire life over a normal life.

besides, the child was part Edward and part Bella, how could it be anything but perfect???

then of course, after the scene where Edward realizes she can hear the baby and communicate with it in a way, and the baby even made sure to minimize it's movements to avoid hurting Bella, cos even at that time, it already felt love for it's parents...well then by that time i was just praying that everything works out and they all survive the birth
Team Edward: Cos I love stupid shiny Volvo owners

Private Nichole Silver of Team PG - Jasper's Confederate Army Second Rank
TeamEdward1918

Post by TeamEdward1918 »

Maybe the reaction was different for those that didn't feel like Bella was going to miss anything.

In a way, I always related to Bella's reaction to marriage (don't get me wrong, I don't understand her not wanting to marry him, that's different, lol)
But the fact that being a mother never occured to her, she never had the desire before. So when she realized she was pregnant I didn't see it as "oh, yay, they get a baby, too!" :lol: My only thought process was "oh, great, an immortal child with red eyes..." :?

Totally understand your view of it, though. And I'm loving her a lot more my second time through BD :D
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side"
E<3B
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

As much as I love Renesmee, the entire pregnancy I wanted to jump into the book and ask Bella what the hell was wrong with her, why she was being so selfish, and if she liked making the people who loved her suffer. Even when I knew she was going to live through it because there was a third book from Bella's point of view, I wanted to give her a piece of my mind like Leah did.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
TeamEdward1918

Post by TeamEdward1918 »

Ah, agreed!

Really, couldn't agree more, and felt the same way during the pregnancy
E<3B
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

While I wasn't thrilled with how the whole pregnancy came into being, I was glad that Bella got to have a baby before she was turned.

Being a mother, I can relate to how Bella was ready to do anything to save the life of her baby but then I was also disturbed because no one knew exactly how to deal with a human have a half vamp baby. I also didn't like how she turned to Rose but I do understand. She was willing to do anything for her baby (even risking her own life) and Rose was the one person who she felt would do anything.

I wonder why she didn't turn to Esme though. She acutally had a child and that she would be more then willing to help Bella. That's just one thing that I didn't understand.

I was glad that Bella and Nessie lived and that Edward finally came around to accept the whole thing, I wasn't happy with how it all played out.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
BellaJayne
Settled in Forks

Post by BellaJayne »

debussygirl wrote:Am I the only one who could see the pretty baby growing inside of Bella? Was I the only one who loved that little nudger before she was born?!
I could just totally side with Bella then. This baby was a combination of her and Edward so how could she possibly allow anyone to harm that baby?
Yes. Im afraid you were.

although....Once Bella had Edward on her side, I felt hope, rather than negativity towards the baby. If Edward could hear the baby, and if it calmed Edward, how could it be that bad?
And when she "Died" I always knew she would become a vampire and survive. She would never be THAT unwell with six vampires THAT close and not survive.

X
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Okay so I have a question...
If someone had told you before BD came out that Bella was going to get pregnant with Edward's baby, would have have believed her?
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Jazzy
Learning to Love Green
Location: Vancouver, BC (Where New Moon is being filmed YEAH!!)

Post by Jazzy »

Hm...it would depend on who was the person who told me. If it was someone reliable I would have believed her.

Actually, just before I read BD, a friend told me about how SM was putting some of her Mormon beliefs into her books, such as no sex before marriage, starting a family early, etc etc all that, cos I remember she was like: I would not let my niece read it cos she's only 7 years old, and for someone that young to read about Bella and the fact that the book glorified not going to college, and getting married and starting a family so young, at 17 years old, etc etc...

that was why i already had a feeling that she would get pregnant even before i read the book.
Team Edward: Cos I love stupid shiny Volvo owners

Private Nichole Silver of Team PG - Jasper's Confederate Army Second Rank
loveuccs
Wandering Through Town

Post by loveuccs »

I become a stupid person when I'm reading a book. I don't know how to explain but here I come: I try very hard to no accelerate the story so I'm not always thinking in "what happens next??". While I'm reading, I play dumb and let the writer surprise me.
Well, that's what happened to me with Renesmee. I was reading the part when Bella got sick and thinking "what did she eat?; maybe the water of the beach; some insect infected her" hahahahahaha I can't stand myself sometimes. Anyway, I never thought it was a pregnancy.
When I find out I shocked :o but after all he's Edward, he can do anything right? And I didn't doubt in SM on this, I knew she had an explanation for this and -as always- everything will turn out fine.

I was kind of expecting a baby with green eyes :cry: that would be something abolutely awesome, be abble to see Edward eyes, the eyes we will never have a chance to see. That little part of his, lost in his transformation :cry:
Also, I was hoping more motherhood in Bella but after the almost-war I knew she would be a great mom. Edward grew old in front of my eyes, he was a father of two children Jacob and Nessie, is so freakin much. I'm crying.
It's too green. An alien planet!