General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Re: Bella's Pregnancy

Post by debussygirl »

Yes, that's the only concrete thing. But just focusing on the mother's needs because of her species was only looking at half the picture and for a vampire doctor not to look at all sides was just really wrong. I would say probably about 75% of the readers got that what Bella needed was blood, even me who has only had high school biology.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

I figured it out after a while. If I remember correctly it didn't take them that long (for Jacob to make the comment that started it all)- she'd been home what, a couple of days since she got pregnant? /shrug

Perhaps someone should ask Stephenie Meyer for the real answer. :)
edward4ever
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by edward4ever »

Well, it did make for a more interesting pregnancy. I mean, we all knew that Edward would change Bella before the baby could kill her but by doing it this way--Carlisle and Edward clueless as to what the baby needed--it made us wonder (some of us) what this "thing" was, just like Edward and Jacob thought, and what it was going to do to her. If they had figured it out and gave her blood right away, the only tension would have been centered around...why it's growing so fast.

PLUS, the gestation period was just under ONE month! That's not a whole lot of time to come up with answers, especially since usually the mother has everything the baby needs to grow and survive. It was too short of a time period to figure out that Bella didn't.

I thought writing it this way, SM made the delivery that much more exciting for me. I was on the edge of my seat reading it! :shock:

And then, of course, as is Jacob's way, at the very height of the tension, he makes me crack up laughing:

BD pg 353-354
"'What are you waiting for?' I choked out breathlessly, pumping her heart again. One. Two. Three. Four.
'Take the baby,' Edward said urgently.
'Throw it out the window.' One. Two. Three. Four.
:lol:
Edward's Honeymoon Night Extra
Honeymoon Night Extra
Two feather pillows--$75
One headboard--$220
Spending 17 days alone on Isle Esme with Edward Cullen--PRICELESS!
BellaJayne
Settled in Forks

Post by BellaJayne »

Did anybody else read the chapter "Unexpected" and actually feel horrified? I almost had a premonition that the pregnancy would be a bad thing or at least that it was going to be really really bad for Bella physically. I was reading her cooing over her brand new bump and in my head I was going "Nooo!!! - you'll die!"
Course I didnt factor in the twilight quote -

"So you have to be dying to become a vampire?"
"No, that's just Carlisle. He'd never do this to someone who had another choice."

As jazzed as I am that it all turned out fine, and as much as I love the way the story went, I was thinking that Renesmee may have been some form of demon child for a while.

(I didn't like that idea of course!)

xx
TeamEdward1918
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Wandering outside Forks looking for a certain house...

Post by TeamEdward1918 »

I felt the same way reading it initially. Even somewhat the second time around during that part, it's just so stressful and I think I feed off of Edward's reaction, which stresses me more, lol. I think I just had such a vision in my head of the immortal children, so that's what I was thinking was in Bella. Some demon baby. It really freaked me out at first too, so you're not alone
I am a Twilighter with OCD
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side"
E<3B
Edward Cullen: Volvos Never Looked So Good
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

I was so sure that the baby was going to be a bad thing... I was totally cheering Jacob on in my head when he went downstairs to kill the "thing" that killed Bella! :lol:
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
TeamEdward1918

Post by TeamEdward1918 »

^^ Ditto! It was so odd being on Jacob's side there! I was like "GO JAKE!" for the first time in the series, lol....And after Edward hears Nessie for the first time and Jake says at that moment, he knew he was alone...I felt the exact same way. Alone, on the outside, and he was the only one I had left

Of course, I know better now. But that's how I felt at the time
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side"
E<3B
debussygirl

Post by debussygirl »

Am I the only one who could see the pretty baby growing inside of Bella? Was I the only one who loved that little nudger before she was born?!
I could just totally side with Bella then. This baby was a combination of her and Edward so how could she possibly allow anyone to harm that baby?
TeamEdward1918

Post by TeamEdward1918 »

debussygirl wrote:Am I the only one who could see the pretty baby growing inside of Bella? Was I the only one who loved that little nudger before she was born?!
I could just totally side with Bella then. This baby was a combination of her and Edward so how could she possibly allow anyone to harm that baby?
No, actually I feel like I was in the minority :lol:

My best friend loved her from the very beginning too
E<3B
debussygirl

Post by debussygirl »

Really? Because most people I know wanted her to get "it" out.