General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
porschejacker XD
Wandering Through Town

Re: Bella's Pregnancy

Post by porschejacker XD »

QualityControlWitch wrote:Bella's super-fast pregnancy was absolute proof of what's been obvious from the start: Meyer is lazy. Too lazy to write even six months and have the oppurtunity for a tearful premature birth, she decided to squish everything into four badly-written weeks.

And Nessie's (poor Nessarose!) birth... When I first heard that Bella becomes pregnant, my only hope was that there would be complications and that both she and the baby would die. Renesmee survives, so there went THAT idea, but I had such high hopes for Bella--and then Eddiekins bit her.

Darn.

I have a question... if you hated the characters so much, and wanted them all to die, and think the author is lazy, WHY READ THE BOOK?
I'm confused, it just seems like you're expending way too much effort over something you don't like.
Me and my friends keep finding new ways to hurt ourselves so we can check out whether or not our doctor sparkles in the sunlight...
porschejacker XD
Wandering Through Town

Post by porschejacker XD »

Oops, hang on, scrap that, someone else beat me to the punchline. Ah, well.
Me and my friends keep finding new ways to hurt ourselves so we can check out whether or not our doctor sparkles in the sunlight...
sparker
Wandering Through Town

Post by sparker »

Ok, I mean no disrespect but I am sitting here laughing hysterically at this board :lol:
Magic, remember! I know that Vampires can be very technically explained in the book, not to exact science but this is when kismet interferes and introduces to us all a new perspective in the wake of Bella giving up mortality and risking all for this life that is now inside of her ( a metaphor of unknown hope and a new kind of mercy we've not seen presented before)
SethImprintedOnMe
Settled in Forks

Post by SethImprintedOnMe »

LisaAnn wrote:When I read the whole discovering Bella is pregnant shocked me, to say the least. I was just like, uh wait, what?! But never did I doubt it was impossible while reading the book. If you had've told me before reading Breaking Dawn, I would have scoffed at you, but not while reading Breaking Dawn.

I didn't think of it for awhile, but I figured it out before the characters did though. I kinda figured it out, because I was like, she's got to be half human, half vamp, that's the normal development of a child: half mother's genes, half father's genes.
i was totally trying to figure out how Edward could make sperm or i guess make it available enough to get Bella pregnant and i have to agree with your explaination i had never thought of that that makes so much more sense... and once Belle was pregnant i have to say i was getting upset that no one had thought to give the baby blood before she was almost dying cuz i had thought of it when i had first read that she was pregnant
taltosgirl
Settled in Forks

Post by taltosgirl »

I agree with Sparker. This whole discussion board is hillarious! but at the same time... i totaly want to post on it!

-as per the general topic of discussion and why bella would keep a baby that's killing her...
women do it every day, all over the world, because the love they feel for the baby is more than the love they have for themselves. it's part of being a maternal being...you act absolutely maternal (read: CRAZY!)

-and I can't remember who it was that said it, but it was brilliant...
humans, and all life on this planet for that matter, are really just trying to reproduce. it's millions of years of evolution. As a Nativist myself, i totaly agree with the arguement that the genes were trying to surive.

-maybe the reason the pregnancy was so short is because that's the gestation period for a 1/2 and 1/2 SM told us in BD that vampires, humans, werewolves, and 1/2 and 1/2s all have a differnt number for genes...that means they are VERY different species and their reproductive cycles would be different too. no?
swimming w/ my edward
UnfreakinBelievable
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by UnfreakinBelievable »

inlovewithmyJasper54 wrote:
kasmooski wrote:
AliLovesEdward wrote:I am not sure if this exactly relates, but it relates to babies. Do you think that Nessie can cry?
I imagine she could (whether or not she would have tears is questionable), but most babies cry because they are trying to communicate something they need, and Nessie doesn't have to do that. So... I think it's probably possible, but she probably doesn't ever really have to, therefore doesn't. Does that make sense?
I could have sworn she did cry once though when Bella was saying goodbye. I could just be mistaking Nessie for me though... lol :D

Anyways, my thoughts on Bella having the baby is why? why would she put her one true love through so much pain?? I could never do that, because the look on Edwards face would be heartbreaking, would it not? And to put the rest of the family in so much pain too, that's pretty bad. I understand it's for a child and more importantly Edward and her's but all the pain and worry would be too much if i was her. but hey! that's just me :)
I actually just read in Breaking Dawn the other day that Bella experienced "crying" as a vampire for the first time and then she looked down at Renesmee who she was holding and she was crying real tears and then Bella kissed them away -- can't remember a page number, but I know it's in there!! Probably when Renesmee was a couple months old?? Just guessing. But yes, she can cry!
nadiahale123
Settled in Forks

Post by nadiahale123 »

This might just be me, but since when does Bella want to be a mother so much?
I mean, she wasn't too red hot on being a wife, but then she's all motherly.
I don't get it.
Oh well.
(no disrespect to stephenie, of course.)
Team Lautner NOT Team Copon!!!

You have to see this trailer spoof. it is Hi-larious! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dompotjTeIA
UnfreakinBelievable
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by UnfreakinBelievable »

nadiahale123 wrote:This might just be me, but since when does Bella want to be a mother so much?
I mean, she wasn't too red hot on being a wife, but then she's all motherly.
I don't get it.
Oh well.
(no disrespect to stephenie, of course.)
You're right, the wanting to be a mother thing kinda came out of nowhere -- but I swear that there's some internal Bella dialoge that talks about this. She talks about how she doesn't know she wants something until she has it (something to that effect) -- hmmm . . . makes me want to go back and read Breaking Dawn again!! :P
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

I don't think that wanting to be a mother ever really came to Bella, in that it wasn't a planned pregnancy or that she wouldn't be with Edward because they thought that he couldn't give her a child. It was more that once she found out she was pregnant, she couldn't bear to think of her baby dead, not existing and with that came the responsibility of motherhood. So wanting to be a mother and wanting your baby to live is different to me. A lot of girls give up their baby for adoption because they don't want to be a mother at that particular time (perhaps because of their age) but couldn't kill their baby. So, sort of different but in very closly tied.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Kay0722
Settled in Forks

Post by Kay0722 »

:lol: well i just thought its weird cus yea his like dead kinda so i didnt get that part ....but i thought it was stupid they didnt think to give blood to her if she is haveing a vamps baby it would have to b part vamp u kno lol but still i thought it was nice cus they have a family and all together ... :D
So the lion fell in love with the lamb.....