General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Re: Bella's Pregnancy

Post by samajama »

em's_twilight wrote:Ok so im sure this question has already been asked but i never wondered about this until a fellow twilight fan from my work pointed it out to me yesterday. How can Bella even get pregnant? I didnt even know vampires can produce sperm. I knew there was an explanation behind them being able to have sex in the first place, but how did he produce sperm? :|

<3
Em
Yeah. I questioned this, too.
No tears, no sweat. So how can he produce semen?
I mean, I understood Bella's logical about guys not having to change or whatever, but it just doesn't make sense..
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

QualityControlWitch wrote:Fine. Fine. So I can maybe understand Eddiekins' venom working as a sort of gamete. But more questions arise--for one, with no working systems, how can he get...ahem...even harder than he is?

i questioned this as well!
no blood flow, no hormones, so.....?
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
waiting for a meteor
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by waiting for a meteor »

Vampires have venom based body fluids similar to human ones. Apparently this applies for semen too. For further explanation have look at Stephenie's Breaking Dawn-FAQ
No Rose, your backside is not getting any bigger – its frozen in time, remember?
Parallel evolution? My Twin = darkrider
UnfreakinBelievable
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by UnfreakinBelievable »

samajama wrote:
QualityControlWitch wrote:Fine. Fine. So I can maybe understand Eddiekins' venom working as a sort of gamete. But more questions arise--for one, with no working systems, how can he get...ahem...even harder than he is?

i questioned this as well!
no blood flow, no hormones, so.....?

Have you had a chance to look at the FAQ for Breaking Dawn? It's on Stephenie's page:
http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/bd_faq.html

Here's a quote:
"The normal reactions of arousal are still present in vampires, made possible by venom-related fluids that cause tissues to react similarly as they do to an influx of blood. Like with vampire skin—which looks similar to human skin and has the same basic function—fluids closely related to seminal fluids still exist in male vampires, which carry genetic information and are capable of bonding with a human ovum."

Does this come close to answering your question?
nikie_nikz
Wandering Through Town

Post by nikie_nikz »

QualityControlWitch wrote:When I first heard that Bella becomes pregnant, my only hope was that there would be complications and that both she and the baby would die. Renesmee survives, so there went THAT idea, but I had such high hopes for Bella--and then Eddiekins bit her.

Darn.
I found this to be insanely hilarious. I couldn't stop laughing after reading it.

I honestly wished there was at least ONE death in the book. Everyone survives? Come on now. Everyone loves a happy ending, but there should have been sorrow and despair to make this book feel more real.
"What fools these mortals be!"
AliceLauren
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by AliceLauren »

I thought that there was plenty of sorrow and despair in the book. Like when Edward was the "burning man" during Bella's pregnancy. wow. That burned.

But i was so happy when he could finally hear Nessie's mind. I squealed with joy! But I thought that it was so cool, and very very helpful. I think that Edward would have killed himself if he wasn't able to hear Renesmee's mind. True.

But I think that Bella's pregnancy was so freaking scary. I was sitting on the edge of my seat during that whole part. I was scared for her life. Ekk.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

nikie_nikz wrote:
QualityControlWitch wrote:When I first heard that Bella becomes
pregnant, my only hope was that there would be complications and that
both she and the baby would die. Renesmee survives, so there went THAT
idea, but I had such high hopes for Bella--and then Eddiekins bit her.

Darn.
I found this to be insanely hilarious. I couldn't stop laughing after reading it.

I
honestly wished there was at least ONE death in the book. Everyone
survives? Come on now. Everyone loves a happy ending, but there should
have been sorrow and despair to make this book feel more real.
Has everyone forgotten Irina? So yeah, there was one death. The Denalis and the Cullens had to go through the pain of losing her. Bella just hasn't gotten to know Irina and so she can't be too sad when everyone she cares about is safe. And if SM was going to have a battle, then 90% of those fighting would be dead-she said so in her FAQ on the website. So even it you wanted Renesmee and Bella to die, then some character you do like would probably die too.
And wow, that sounds like what my Twilight-hating friend says "Why doesn't Bella just die?" I fail to understand why any Twilighter would want this, even if they weren't happy with the way the book was going. The characters are still the characters we've spent hundreds of pages and hours getting to know and love, even if the author decides to put them into situations that you don't like. If you hated the characters so much you wanted them to die, then why did you even read all of the books before?
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
nikie_nikz
Wandering Through Town

Post by nikie_nikz »

debussygirl wrote:If you hated the characters so much you wanted them to die, then why did you even read all of the books before?
Don't get me wrong. It's not that I wanted them to die. I just hoped there would be more tragedy to the end of the saga. Poetic justice even. Whether it be the Volturi or an alliance of the Cullens to fall, in my mind, it would have completed the saga. I love tragic stories. BD was way too fairy tale-ish, which is a disappointment because the other 3 books were so surreal.
"What fools these mortals be!"
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

^^Sorry, I was referring more to the person you were quoting than you, nikie_nikz. I can understand more of your love for tragedy than completely hating the characters, because here and then I like a semi-tragic story too. I was also confused why there wasn't a battle and some deaths first, but when SM said that 90% of the people would have died, I stopped complaining. I don't like THAT much tragedy.
So yeah, this is on Bella's pregnancy right? Back on topic.
My mom's in Jacob's book right now and we were talking about it. When I told her some people didn't like that Bella chose to keep the baby she was completely bewildered. She just asked, "Why?" I told her because the baby was killing her and they thought she was being stupid. My mom just shook her head and said, "But everything's going to be fine."
And as I thought of it, I never expected Bella to die either. Maybe since it's fiction and it didn't seem like SM would kill off her main character I thought like this, but was Bella really thinking she was putting herself at risk? The baby's growing really fast, which means she won't be starving for nine months. And not only do they have a doctor, but access to medical supplies. And vampire venom, the ultimate healer. So was Bella really making a complete sacrifice by keeping the baby? To me, it seems like nothing could really go wrong. Was it really then such an enormous sacrifice? I mean, I know there are some mothers who may not die for their unborn child, but wouldn't every mother get some broken ribs to save the life of their baby? So really, Bella did make a sacrifice, but not a huge one, or at least to me.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
inlovewithmyJasper54
Learning to Love Green
Location: Florida - waiting for a Vampire to shine in the sunlight

Post by inlovewithmyJasper54 »

kasmooski wrote:
AliLovesEdward wrote:I am not sure if this exactly relates, but it relates to babies. Do you think that Nessie can cry?
I imagine she could (whether or not she would have tears is questionable), but most babies cry because they are trying to communicate something they need, and Nessie doesn't have to do that. So... I think it's probably possible, but she probably doesn't ever really have to, therefore doesn't. Does that make sense?
I could have sworn she did cry once though when Bella was saying goodbye. I could just be mistaking Nessie for me though... lol :D

Anyways, my thoughts on Bella having the baby is why? why would she put her one true love through so much pain?? I could never do that, because the look on Edwards face would be heartbreaking, would it not? And to put the rest of the family in so much pain too, that's pretty bad. I understand it's for a child and more importantly Edward and her's but all the pain and worry would be too much if i was her. but hey! that's just me :)
ImageImage
both made by... me! =) <3