General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
RussetRose♥
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: The Transformation

Post by RussetRose♥ »

Zoltan wrote:Do you think if Charlie knew definitively that she was a vampire that he would have acted any differently?
That's a good question. I know that he knows what Jake is...a werewolf, of course. I really don't understand if Charlie knows that Bella is a vampire or not. I'm confused about that.

"Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?"
"You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?"
Zoltan
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Zoltan »

I think he might have because of the reputation vampires have had in the past. Adding to that Charlie would be smart enough to figure out Bella wasn't the only vampire and that he was in fact in a room full of them.
-veiled-
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by -veiled- »

I was very disappointed in how her transformation turned out! I thought that she would experience the reality of a true newborn. Instead, she ends up controlling her hunger, which I guess they consider almost another special ability. I would have really like to see her having to work through it.
-veiled-

Post by -veiled- »

RussetRose♥ wrote:
Zoltan wrote:Do you think if Charlie knew definitively that she was a vampire that he would have acted any differently?
That's a good question. I know that he knows what Jake is...a werewolf, of course. I really don't understand if Charlie knows that Bella is a vampire or not. I'm confused about that.
I don't think he really knows she is a vampire, because to him it is probably a myth anyway so he wouldn't even consider it. I think he just knows something is different about her.
Zoltan
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Zoltan »

-veiled- wrote:
RussetRose♥ wrote:
I don't think he really knows she is a vampire, because to him it is probably a myth anyway so he wouldn't even consider it. I think he just knows something is different about her.
But he is intimidated by her, maybe that confuses him and we watched jacob turn into a wolf an hour before so the next possible thing to do with that kind of thing would have been vampire and after seeing her that might be a logical decision based on what had transpired by that point. Just wait till Bella has gold eyes an then he sees her. Also she is now like the rest of the cullens who he always knew were different.
bella c'ella luna
Settled in Forks

Post by bella c'ella luna »

hi guys!

bella didn't consider the edward as a vampire until she heard jacob's old stories of the cold ones, right? so then i doubt charlie would consider it. he seems like a pretty ordinary guy, and i doubt he really gave much thought to any of the supernatural before jake changed in front of him. after that he was probably so consumed with the whole werewolf thing, he couldn't fit anything else in his head! :lol:

unless the whole vampire idea was presented to him, i don't think charlie really would have caught on to it. i'm sure he wondered what bella was - obviously she was different - but in my opinion, he wouldn't investigate it enough to really discover the truth.

luna
luna<33

como è bella cè la luna brille è strette
strette como è tutta bella a passeggiare
sotto il cielo di roma
renesmeecarlie

Post by renesmeecarlie »

Also, knowing Charlie, he probably does his best NOT to think about what she could possibly be and an explanation for her drastic change--he'd much rather stay in the dark than deal with the truth of what Bella and the Cullens are...

When Jake goes to say the word werewolf, Charlie cuts him off and says "unghh" haha I don't know if that's his exact wording, but you get the picture

I like to think that Charlie never really figures out that Bella is a vamp because that way he's never in danger with the Volturi--at least that's one of them ;)

"Amazing", he said, his exquisite voice full of wonder, slightly amused.
"Carlisle was right."
twilightobsessed46
Settled in Forks

Post by twilightobsessed46 »

Broken-Mirror wrote:I was really dissapointed in how she was changed but with everything happening in the book I didn't think about it until later. I wonder if she would think about it later and be dissapointed also that she was changed in a rather medical way while she was unconcious. I was really hoping for some really romantic scene of her looking into his eyes so he would be her last human sight and then him whispering "I love you..... forever" or something before finally biting her. Where is my sadistic blood-romance scene??

It didn't really bug me too much but I was hoping for a more private personal moment than ripping a baby out of her and injecting her with poison.

I acually thought that it was okay. To me the scene was -in its own way- romantic. The way Edward was so worried that he did something wrong made me sigh and just realize that he loves her soooo much. It would have also been great the other way to-a private moment. I just think it was a perfect way to end it.
Aw hell, why can't you stay in my room Edward?
Okay..So yesterday I decided to steel Jacob but I ran into Renesme! Do you know how hard it is do fight a two year old? Ugh...
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

So I wasn't too sure how SM was going to have Bella turn into a vampire. But I knew (or at least really hoped) that it would happen. I was totally shocked & thrown for a loop when Bella became pregnant & this helped to usher the change. I loved the fact that Edward basically had to turn her in order to keep her from dying. And that it was Edward not Carlisle.

At first I was like what she gets to skip the newborn stage? But I like it now. She gets to have her life w/Edward and Renesmee and everything is hunky dory.

I don't get the impression that Charlie knows what Bella is. He just knows that something is different about her. I don't think he would think about it too much & try to discover exactly what's different.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
renesmeecarlie

Post by renesmeecarlie »

Exactly...where as Bella was completely obsessed with figuring out what Edward was because she found herself so enfatuated with him, I think Charlie's need to keep some grip on reality after seeing Jacob phase, will force him to accept that there are just different things about Bella and the Cullens and leave it at that

Maybe one day he will ask her...I have this whole vision of him marrying Sue and growing old with her and Bella telling him before he dies what she really is...but that's just speculation :lol:

"Amazing", he said, his exquisite voice full of wonder, slightly amused.
"Carlisle was right."