General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
EmmettCullen534
Settled in Forks

Re: The Transformation

Post by EmmettCullen534 »

It WAS needed though! Inner-conflict is a lot more interesting then a showcase of Nessie's many talents. Which for like 250 pages is the main topic of the book!
cascsiany
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by cascsiany »

I think Bella's transformation was superbly written and her not making a sound/moving really fit into her character.

The whole skipping the newborn stage kind of fit though, I mean she made a decision almost 18 months before that she wanted to become a vampire. She had time to weigh the pros and cons. Her skipping the stage makes sense since she knew she was gonna be one, she had accepted the fact that she would be different and knew she would have to work to keep her thirst under control. Nobody else had time to consider becoming a vampire or willingly chose to.

Carlilse wasn't the typical newborn either if you remember. He's never tasted human blood. Yes he was revolted by himself being a monster but doesn't it prove that not all newborns are as bloodthirsty?
EDC, Inc... Crane Trainee
Team Rosalie ~ Every Rose has its Thorn
"We can find some other way to pick a fight with this Demetri."~ Emmett, NM p. 534
Morgan University
Locard's Theory
EmmettCullen534
Settled in Forks

Post by EmmettCullen534 »

My point though was she did think about the pros and cons- but none of the cons applied to her once she was changed. Life was perfect- nothing really changed for her that much emotionally.
cascsiany

Post by cascsiany »

EmmettCullen534 wrote:My point though was she did think about the pros and cons- but none of the cons applied to her once she was changed. Life was perfect- nothing really changed for her that much emotionally.
Bella kind of has a lot more going on than most newborns, with Reneesme, Jacob, and her intense relationship with Edward.
"We can find some other way to pick a fight with this Demetri."~ Emmett, NM p. 534
Morgan University
Locard's Theory
Twilight-fan868
Settled in Forks

Post by Twilight-fan868 »

Honestly, Bella's transformation didn't really bother me. I knew from the get-go that she would NEVER kill a human.

One of Bella's personally traits is that she is always looking out for everyone but herself. She's always worried about everyone else getting hurt. I knew she would carry this with her after she turned and she wouldn't have it in her to kill anyone because she was always worried about others.

I do wish Stephanie would have just talked about those 3 months and how easy it was instead of jumping from September to December just like that :roll:
cascsiany

Post by cascsiany »

I agree, skipping ahead three months with just a paragraph instead of a chapter talking about it was no good. Although then the book would have been quite a bit longer but I wouldn't mind :D
Morgan University
Locard's Theory
Twilight-fan868
Settled in Forks

Post by Twilight-fan868 »

A lot of Jacob's POV could have been cut out. After a while I think we got the gist. That could have been substituted for those 3 months
eliselovesedwardx
Completely Dazzled!

Post by eliselovesedwardx »

I think I agree about Jacobs POV, I think it kinda dragged on a bit too long for me.
But I think the transformation was well written, especially when we were in Bella's head while she was going through the transformation.
How she described the feeling in her limbs let me feel it with her, the heaviness and burning in the fingers. I liked it!
::Elise:: Backhoe Operator for EDC, Inc~EDC's Cheer Squad Captain!
I'm on the List~The names Mooner
Geekette
Settled in Forks

Post by Geekette »

It wasn't romantic?? Being saved by the man you love isn't romantic? In any way??

Yeah I know it was bloody, it was insane. But I loved it!! Maybe I'm just sick in the head but I found it romantic that he wouldn't give up. Even when Jacob did, Edward didn't. I believe it HAD to happen this way. Edward would have done anything to stall the changing. He wanted Bella to be human, as long as possible, as many experiences as possible. It was the only way.

Her having an easier go as a newborn was a relief for me. I didn't want the pain that would come if she killed a human. She would hate herself, and the remorse she would feel would hurt Edward as well. Knowing that he had done this to her.

Just my thoughts though. I really loved the whole book. I cried, I screamed, I shook, I couldn't put the thing down. I've read it twice now and still it grabs me. I do however wish beyond belief that I could have been in Edwards mind when he was frozen on the floor of the bathroom when she said she thought she was pregnant. Thinking about it makes me giggle. Oh to just know his thoughts... but thats totally off topic of her transformation lol.
~*~Crissa~*~
E<3B
Jessalyn118
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Jessalyn118 »

That was absolutely painful!!
When i read BD I could imagine the pain..the BURNING pain..as Bella said..
"It's all about who you know"

"In that case, i hope you enjoy disappointment"

Edward Cullen