General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
tricia
Learning to Love Green

Re: The Transformation

Post by tricia »

Lynzeee wrote:i love the transformation, but part of me was wishing that Edward would just bit her and it would be like a very personal thing.. for them like what she wanted..

for a long time i had wished that Edward had bit her too... but the more i thought about it the happier i was that he didn't.

SM makes it clear that it's not the old time movie romantic scene of two fangs and a pinch kind of a bit. Edward would have hurt her, even if it was what she wanted, it would have hurt. Edward would have had to live with that for a long time. This way it was also a bit faster with the large amount injected. It was also more clinical, it truly was done to save her life, it made it easier for Edward and Jacob.

Bella wanted his venom more than his bite, In my opinion, the bite was just the way to inject it, she didn't realize that Edward had a vile he was ready to inject her with.
"Her existence alone was excuse enough to justify the creation of the entire world."

And, by the way, I adore you... in frightening, dangerous ways.
ilovetwilight
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by ilovetwilight »

i think that bella should have been just a teency bit more wild. i mean new borns are supposed to be like out of control, i think that having 2 years preporation helped, but i think she was just little TOO much in control. but it's just thought :D
Active Donor for: DBJ & Co. (Dontating Blood to Jasper!)
Jackhammer Trainee for: EDC Inc. "Let's break down some houses"
Co-Captain for EDCCS!
ilovetwilight
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by ilovetwilight »

tricia wrote:
Lynzeee wrote:i love the transformation, but part of me was wishing that Edward would just bit her and it would be like a very personal thing.. for them like what she wanted..

for a long time i had wished that Edward had bit her too... but the more i thought about it the happier i was that he didn't.

SM makes it clear that it's not the old time movie romantic scene of two fangs and a pinch kind of a bit. Edward would have hurt her, even if it was what she wanted, it would have hurt. Edward would have had to live with that for a long time. This way it was also a bit faster with the large amount injected. It was also more clinical, it truly was done to save her life, it made it easier for Edward and Jacob.

Bella wanted his venom more than his bite, In my opinion, the bite was just the way to inject it, she didn't realize that Edward had a vile he was ready to inject her with.
wait a second i thought edward did bite her, but he injected his venom into her heart also. see:

"it was like he was kissing her, brushing his lips at her throat, at her wrists, into the crease at the inside of her arm. but i could here the lush tearing of her skin as his teeth bit though, again and again, forcing venom into her system at as many points as possible."

BREAKING DAWN pg's. 354 &355
Active Donor for: DBJ & Co. (Dontating Blood to Jasper!)
Jackhammer Trainee for: EDC Inc. "Let's break down some houses"
Co-Captain for EDCCS!
elstardust
Wandering Through Town

Post by elstardust »

If you ever hear Pale by Within Temptation it clearly paints the precise picture of Bella's transformation. It's kind of scary. Listen to the lyrics.
"The Forbidden Fruit is always the sweetest."
tricia
Learning to Love Green

Post by tricia »

ilovetwilight wrote:
tricia wrote:

wait a second i thought edward did bite her, but he injected his venom into her heart also. see:

"it was like he was kissing her, brushing his lips at her throat, at her wrists, into the crease at the inside of her arm. but i could here the lush tearing of her skin as his teeth bit though, again and again, forcing venom into her system at as many points as possible."

BREAKING DAWN pg's. 354 &355
yes, tiny little bites, he was healing everything that had been ripped from the baby being born.. and he did bite her in little tiny ways to help spread the venom. But there wasn't a big, dramatic turn you into a vampire kind of neck bite.
"Her existence alone was excuse enough to justify the creation of the entire world."

And, by the way, I adore you... in frightening, dangerous ways.
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Okay, can I just say that I LOVE everyone's banners and avatars. Those are so cool! 8-)

Sorry, I know this had nothing to do with the Transformation, but I just thought I would throw a quick compliment to all of you computer whiz's. :)
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
Jane V
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jane V »

hmm, the transformation was a little...odd {yes, i know, duh, but i mean not what i expected}

i guess i just always thought Edward was going to bite Bella and it would be this romantic, seductive thing, but it wasn't like that.
"quite a pity how things turned out, isn't it?" -Jane, Eclipse

something you didn't know about the Volturi:
Felix has a medical condition. it's called Obsessive Winking Disorder. don't tell him i told you
bella_love3
Learning to Love Green

Post by bella_love3 »

elstardust wrote:If you ever hear Pale by Within Temptation it clearly paints the precise picture of Bella's transformation. It's kind of scary. Listen to the lyrics.
seriously every line in this song matches to the transformation. its kind of erie. i mean this is not my kind of music at all but it could so be bella.
*TwilightIsMyDrug*
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by *TwilightIsMyDrug* »

bella_love3 wrote:
elstardust wrote:If you ever hear Pale by Within Temptation it clearly paints the precise picture of Bella's transformation. It's kind of scary. Listen to the lyrics.
seriously every line in this song matches to the transformation. its kind of erie. i mean this is not my kind of music at all but it could so be bella.

Wow. Just DL this song to check it out. That's pretty uncanny. Great song.
"You don't know how long I've waited for you."
Team Edward
*TwilightIsMyDrug*
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by *TwilightIsMyDrug* »

I always expected that Edward would be the one to transform Bella. AND I always knew he'd come up with the most precise way to do it. Edward would never take a chance and risk loosing her. So, I thought the syringe was very-Edward. I loved the transformation. Especially the kiss they shared after.
"You don't know how long I've waited for you."
Team Edward