General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Lynzeee
Decorating with Esme

Re: The Transformation

Post by Lynzeee »

i love the transformation, but part of me was wishing that Edward would just bit her and it would be like a very personal thing.. for them like what she wanted.. but then in that case we wouldnt have Nessie.. and that would be sad! the way SM described her pain and even went as far as bella wishing she were dead! wow.. must have been really bad since its what she wanted.. and i swear my heart was beating sooo fast when she was writing about her heart "taking off" it was very intense and very well written i think.. i loved the way she decribed everything when she woke up.. the dust and what not.. really cool
Keeper of The Randomness
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"-Acheron Parthenopaeus
Caitlin...
Settled in Forks

Post by Caitlin... »

I still unsure how bellas sheid ablity stop her from acting like a new born vampire.
I would of taught that if gose deeper then that.
how she wanted to become a vampire
how and who changed her
that she was surranged by the people that she loved
and also for her daughters sack.
vamps4evr
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by vamps4evr »

I think it was brilliant!! edward dint' really want to do it! he wanted her human...this way he was SAVING her, and not just doing it! this was the best of both!! he tried to make her hurt less with the morphine...and true to bella for not moving so she doesn't show Edward that she is in pain, because she knew it would hurt him!
DestinedForHogwarts
Settled in Forks

Post by DestinedForHogwarts »

i did not have a problem with the way she changed.
i was pretty much in tears, my heart racing from when bella is having Renesmee, to when Edward saves her with his venom. If he had just bitten her, i probably would not be freaking out as much. When I read it, i refused to look through the book. I did not look to see how many pages it was, or when i saw that it said Book 1: Bella, i did not want to see if there were other books with different points of view because i did not want to risk seeing anything that would ruin it for me, so i had no clue that bella would live after Renesmee, so when Edward was trying to save her, i had no idea whether or not he would succeed. Also, instead of Edward "killing" Bella by turning her into vampire, he was saving her. This way, Edward would never feel bad about changing her and it would never be something to feel guilty about.
Another thing i read in this thread was people speculating how Bella had an "easier" time handling the pain. She definately did not. If you read it, she is saying how unbearable the pain is and that she wished she had never been born and that she could not see how anything was worth that pain. So, it was definately not easier for her than it was for any of the other Cullens. The only difference, is that she had kept still because even if she twitched ever so slightly, she would lose all control.
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

i found the transformation to be exceptionally well-written and it's just a testament to Bella's strength. while she may have been a clumsy and (by times) weak human in body, her spirit was strong (with the exception of her breakdown in New Moon, but who among us can fault her for falling apart after losing Edward?).

i have been listening to the audiobook of Breaking Dawn and found that listening to the transformation scene made it even more stressful to bear. i can't even imagine what it would be like to be burning up and first not able to scream out, and then finding the strength to maintain composure while you die, all for the sake of saving your loved ones the agony of watching it.

yes, the it might seem like Edward got an easy out, he no longer has to feel guilty about killing her because he essentially saved her, but at what price? he agonized over her transformation along with her, and we all know that Edward's emotional angst is almost as powerful as vampire venom in a human's veins.

and finally, yes, she seems to have it easier as a newborn, but i think she earned it and for the most part she worked hard to maintain her cool.
vampirenerd
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: In my fantasy world with Edward...and Jacob (why not?)

Post by vampirenerd »

I have to give Bella props for being able to control herself during the transformation. I mean, we see how bad Edward was freaking out without hearing her pain. Imagine what it would have done to him if he had had to hear it. And as for her making them believe that the morophine worked, she thought to herself afterwards that she would secretly tell Carlisle just in case he ever had to make another vampire.

Also, I don't think it was her shield that helped her out with becoming a vampire. I believe it was the fact that she had had time to think about becoming a vampire. Also, she had been told over and over what to expect so she was ready for it. It wasn't like the others, just having it thrown on them...waking up from "dying" to find yourself craving human blood. Also, it might have to do with the fact that Bella is completely stubborn and once she puts her mind to something she usually carries it out
Twilightlover101
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Twilightlover101 »

mmmm, interesting theory, maybe it did, i personally thought that the reason she didn't go into a craze was because she was so strong willed and simply refused to go down that path.
fiish3
Wandering Through Town

Post by fiish3 »

I thought that the reason that Bella was able to stay quiet during the transformation and found being a newborn easier than the others was something to do with her special power. Bella's power is all about strength of mind. She had this as a human (hence Edward being unable to read her thoughts etc), and it became even more powerful once she had been transformed into a vampire.
Thats a good idea, I looked it up and in one of stephanies interviews she says that her power had nothing to do with it and although bella was always not going to be the strongest physically she was the strongest mentally but her power still had nothing to do with her transformation. It was pretty much her preperation for it. She is the only "vegetarian" vampire that was prepared to be a vampire, all the cullens had no idea about vampires until they became one. So yeah, her power has nothing to do with her transformation, but maybe her strenght of mind. ;)
RussetRose♥
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by RussetRose♥ »

Omg, that part made me cry! Jake was so worried about her and she pretty much died and then came back to life. I really don't remember what happened, I read it so quickly and my friends told me what happened so I have to read it again. I can't wait!!!!! :D

"Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?"
"You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?"
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by twilight813 »

I really dont know what to think about the transformation of Bella. As previous people have posted I would have really liked it to be a beautiful romantic moment. But obviously being that a baby was being ripped out of her it couldnt have been. And as for the original question... I think maybe Edwards venom really had nothing to do with how controlled Bella was. She was always a clutz as a human, maybe when becoming a vampire all control was her power at that point. I read through this part very quickly and I cant wait to read it again, but I am only half way through Twilight for the second time. So maybe I will understand it better when I re read that part.
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3