Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
sarahbells
Settled in Forks

Re: The Transformation

Post by sarahbells »

be my escape wrote:Discuss Bella's transformation here

It kinda made me mad that bella was trying to hide her pain from edward. I understand he trying to stay quiet durring the transformation but why did she just not tell him the truth afterwords? He was expecting it to hurt her and well that is what is suppost to happen so why keep him in the dark. She did not have to be very spacific about it but she could of told him that the drugs did not work. I just did not like that. She just became a vampire and she is aleady lying to him.
BreathelessVampire
Fishing with Charlie

Post by BreathelessVampire »

The process of the transformation freaked me out, especially the way SM described the pain, oh dear, I guess everything has its price. Its really interesting that Bella didn't groan or anything , especially with that type of pain. Ouch
Team Edward. Team Jasper. Team Alice. Team Emmett
Because they are just plain sexy.

Trainee at Emmett's Demolition Crew

Member of Donating Blood To Jasper&Co.
AliceLauren
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by AliceLauren »

I thought that Bella was smart not to show Edward her pian, he already felt guilty from "taking her soul away", and he didn't want to change her anyway... why make it harder for him? Why make him feel even more guilty?

But I really liked the way Stephenie described her transformation. I think she did a good job describing what it was like to see through vampire eyes.

I over all liked it a lot. Stephenie did a really good job :D yay.
vintage_sunflower
Settled in Forks

Post by vintage_sunflower »

I wasn't at all disappointed with the transformation scene.

Think about it. All of the events had to unfold the way that they did.
#1. Jacob would have never gave his "okay" to breach to treaty if it weren't to save Bella's life.
#2. Edward would have forever felt guilty for "killing" Bella. He injected his venom (very clever) into her heart and bit her to save her life. It was much more urgent than just deciding one day "Okay...today is the day..." and then "killing" her. I think it was better this way to save Edward from feeling guilty.

...and besides...what could possibly be more romantic than Edward saving Bella's life? ;)

I also loved how SM described in detail how everything looked/sounded so clearly to Bella. I was just really pleased with the outcome of that entire situation. It read really well.
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

vintage_sunflower wrote:I wasn't at all disappointed with the transformation scene.

Think about it. All of the events had to unfold the way that they did.
#1. Jacob would have never gave his "okay" to breach to treaty if it weren't to save Bella's life.
#2. Edward would have forever felt guilty for "killing" Bella. He injected his venom (very clever) into her heart and bit her to save her life. It was much more urgent than just deciding one day "Okay...today is the day..." and then "killing" her. I think it was better this way to save Edward from feeling guilty.

...and besides...what could possibly be more romantic than Edward saving Bella's life? ;)

I also loved how SM described in detail how everything looked/sounded so clearly to Bella. I was just really pleased with the outcome of that entire situation. It read really well.

Agreed!!

SM said she couldn't relate to Bella as much once she became a vampire...I didn't feel that way, I just felt I related to her on a "mother/wife" level than a teenage level. She grew up a ton in BD.
Destani
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Destani »

Personally, I loved the transformation. I thought it was exceptionally well-written, very detailed and almost poetic. Despite the tragic circumstances and clinical setting, I still found it highly emotional.

I always wanted Bella to become a vampire but I never really thought about how I wanted it to happen. Of course I wanted Edward to be the one who changed her, but that was as far as my expectations went. A tender romantic bite would have probably been just as satisfying to me but I understand why it had to happen the way it did. I agree with others who have said that it freed Edward from guilt and got Jacob's consent. But it also fit with the natural way things happen for Bella and Edward. Joyful or pivotal moments were always being interrupted for them...the baseball game, Bella's birthday, graduation. So I sort of had it in the back of my head that something would happen to either rush or delay Bella's transformation and when it did, I wasn't surprised.

Edit: I was glad that Bella was able to hide her pain from Edward. Even though the morphine didn't ease her pain, it at least helped her in that respect. By the time it wore off, she was able to keep quiet and still on her own. I do think that she should tell Carlisle eventually. Even though he isn't planning to create another vampire, who knows what he could do with the information. I don't know if he'd be able to keep Edward from seeing it in his head, though.
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/
the.slayer
Wandering Through Town

Post by the.slayer »

cynb wrote:For me, one of the most powerful scenes in the book, was at the very end of Jacob's book. When he gives up, adn starts thinking about how Bella is dead. Then Edward tells him to get out and pumps her heart for her to push the venom through. That had the most impact on me. The combination of Jacob giving up, and Edward refusing to.
i totally agree, and i guess i loved edward more and disliked jacob more for that.

i also loved the way the SM wrote the feeling on bella's pain and when she "woke" up. i also loved it that when bella became a vampire, she got everything, her child, her lover, better dancing skills lol....
but there was one little thing in the corner of my brain thinking that i would of liked it if, bella would have to control herself a bit more than she did. like she would have thought and urges but tthen stop herself. so then we could of i guess seen more of how bella could control herself and for me i'd feel.. well.. i guess the word is proud of her...

Edward Cullen is staring at you...
- Jessica Stanley Twilight

Wanna be a vampire??
Twilighter8
Settled in Forks

Post by Twilighter8 »

I also like the transformation. I wasn't too surprised though, after I had thought about it. I kind of figured that she slipped into "mature" vamp mode because her brain was so different. Like because of the way her brain was wired, with Edward not able to read her mind and her having that shield going on in the end, that somehow that helped ease her into it. Can you get what I mean? Ruth :?:
novemberalice
Settled in Forks

Post by novemberalice »

i was kinda mad when bella started telling edward that she wanted to stay human after the honeymoon. i kept thinking "you're gonna change your mind just like that". i think it was interesting how they tried to spare her pain by using the drugs but it didn't work.(had opposite affect) i think that shows how deep the pain really is. i did want it more romantic though.
I coveted you.I had no right to want you -- but I reached out and took you anyway. And now look what's become of you! Trying to seduce a vampire." He shook his head in mock horror.
"You can covet what's already yours,"
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Destani wrote:Personally, I loved the transformation. I thought it was exceptionally well-written, very detailed and almost poetic. Despite the tragic circumstances and clinical setting, I still found it highly emotional.

I always wanted Bella to become a vampire but I never really thought about how I wanted it to happen. Of course I wanted Edward to be the one who changed her, but that was as far as my expectations went. A tender romantic bite would have probably been just as satisfying to me but I understand why it had to happen the way it did. I agree with others who have said that it freed Edward from guilt and got Jacob's consent. But it also fit with the natural way things happen for Bella and Edward. Joyful or pivotal moments were always being interrupted for them...the baseball game, Bella's birthday, graduation. So I sort of had it in the back of my head that something would happen to either rush or delay Bella's transformation and when it did, I wasn't surprised.

Edit: I was glad that Bella was able to hide her pain from Edward. Even though the morphine didn't ease her pain, it at least helped her in that respect. By the time it wore off, she was able to keep quiet and still on her own. I do think that she should tell Carlisle eventually. Even though he isn't planning to create another vampire, who knows what he could do with the information. I don't know if he'd be able to keep Edward from seeing it in his head, though.
Wonderfully said Destani, wonderfully said. I agree completely. The transformation was beautifully detailed for the reader - you could actually feel the intense fire and agony she sustained. On another note, I think her ability to remain silent showed what incredible strength and resolve she had, which I think was part of her ability to control her thirst(a gift), and the way she has been able to survive up to and through this situation.
Bella may not have thought she was much as a human and probably not according to world standards, but she actually was, she had a selfless heart, she was strong and when she transformed, she became everything she was meant to be - an asset, a woman of greater strength that shines at every turn, a woman who could love more deeply and intensely than she ever could as a human, the other half to the whole that is Edward/Bella. You know, the pain of transformation could be analogous to the pain we sometimes sustain as we grow and get better with time - maybe or maybe not (just an idea). I'm babbling - sorry.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict