General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
katthegreat11
Settled in Forks

Re: Leah and Children

Post by katthegreat11 »

Jenmick 2, is it the venom that kills werewolves (or shapeshifters, more specifically), or is it the general beastliness of vampires that kills practically anything that moves? If it is the second, and the two were in love (again, quite unlikely), I think Leah would fare much Better than Bella. The vampire, however... might be missing a few chunks of skin.
katthegreat11
Settled in Forks

Post by katthegreat11 »

Jenmick 2, is it the venom that kills werewolves (or shapeshifters, more specifically), or is it the general beastliness of vampires that kills practically anything that moves? If it is the second, and the two were in love (again, quite unlikely), I think Leah would fare much Better than Bella. The vampire, however... might be missing a few chunks of skin.
mrs0cullen
Wandering Through Town

Post by mrs0cullen »

she probably can . . . if she doesn't phase. i just can't see her wanting kids, or even getting a husband. it is mean but i think she's better off single anyway. she could seriously kill him if they get in an argument :lol: she doesn't like the type that would love someone. i blame sam he broke her heart now i don't think she wants to love anyone else. i think she's to hurt to even think about.
TWILIGHT
giving hope to clumsy girls everywhere...including me
SilentHeart
Wandering Through Town

Post by SilentHeart »

I like to think Leah became the first "wolverine" because her love for Sam was really deep and imprinting was the only way for her, as was in Jacob's case. So I think she might imprint and stop phasing at some point, and then she will be able to have babies, why not? They might also turn out to be the strongest ever, because of their mother, you never know.
Oh, and this would be crazy, but if Renesmee would have a child (she should be able to, or else would have Jacob imprinted on her, considering Sam's theories?) what if Leah would imprint on it? HAha... that's streching it, sorry. But it couldn't be with a vampire because she hates them. A "Belward" seems a compromise and I can imagine Seth being enthusiastic about it :lol:

PS I really don't think that's likely. I sure hope SM writes another book, just to get it cleared, though I am more than pleased with the saga as it is now, and I doubt it would be as goos without E&B in it.
chowzinha
Learning to Love Green

Post by chowzinha »

mrs0cullen wrote:she probably can . . . if she doesn't phase. i just can't see her wanting kids, or even getting a husband. it is mean but i think she's better off single anyway. she could seriously kill him if they get in an argument :lol: she doesn't like the type that would love someone. i blame sam he broke her heart now i don't think she wants to love anyone else. i think she's to hurt to even think about.
Actually, exactly because Leah's only way out of bitterness is acceptance (of herself and the others) and imprint, I believe that when it happens, she will be able to love unconditionally and give all of herself to the lucky man! That's why I think that her imprint would be on someone with no werewolve (or shapeshifter). If it happened this way, we would be able to clearly see who Leah is. I believe that her unconditional love would make her the happiest person in the world (just like all those who are in love feel), and her temper would definitely change, because I think that she is much stronger than Sam, and would not be capable of hurting someone she loves with her life.

Now, about having children, my vote goes with those in favor. I believe she can bear children, when she stops phasing. Imagine Leah with a happy family, great husband and a beautiful baby! Well, that's really how I would wish for Leah's ending anyway.... :D
LanieBeth
Settled in Forks

Post by LanieBeth »

i think yes. but only if she stops phasing, could you imagine what would happen if she phased in the middle of pregnancy? yikes.
-laniebeth @ http://laniebeth.etsy.com for kitsch shirts and jewelry
suzzeeQ
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by suzzeeQ »

...there might have been a parallel between the female vampires and the female werewolves: neither can have children.
It's less fair to the— err *shapeshifters*, because they're not dead.
Hmm, it's also not fair to the women. It looks like the males are better off in this book— a lot of the time.

First, totally agree with that.

Second, the reason Leah turned into a wolf is because she couldn't pass on the gene. Maybe the gene is just too strong for one person to carry by oneself, and because she won't be able to pass it on, it turned Leah into a wolf (I have no idea if that actually makes sense). Maybe someday, after she stops phasing, she can have normal children with no freaky shapeshifting genes. I hope that she will be able to live life away Cullens. I would hate for her to have to continue to run around them in circles for the rest of her life. Either the Leah-can't-have-kids-because-her-body-isn't-changing theory OR because-Leah-has-strong-wolf-genes-so-she'll-go-through-a-wolves-reproductive-cycle theory would work. Leah is by far my favorite character and I hope (fingers crossed) Stephenie will continue her story. Hopefully within the next ten years.
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

I'm not sure...
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
FindYourTrueCalling
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by FindYourTrueCalling »

To be honest. I really dont know.
I would hope that she could, and that 'quote from Jacob' "Things will pick right up again!"
xoxo
ImageImage
TeamJacob.TeamEdward.TeamJasper.
Because of Twilight,I have unrealistic expectations in men.
TNO
Wandering Through Town

Post by TNO »

I don't get why Leah was all upset that she couldn't have children. I know I don't want any of the little monsters. Small children scare me.
On the other hand, I doubt she's menopausal. From Meyer's description, phasing/being a shifter in general sounds like the sort of thing that might cause a dramatic upheaval in one's natural systems. The combined stress with having to deal with being a shifter, having inadvertently causing her father's death, and having her lover marrying her cousin, it's hardly surprising Leah's system has been seriously messed up. Probably once she stops phasing she'll be back to normal.