General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
bite_me
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Leah and Children

Post by bite_me »

Destani wrote: Finally, we don't know how a fetus would handle the effects of phasing. Would it phase with the mother or would the stress of phasing cause her to abort? By going temporarily menopausal, that could be her body's natural defense against a potentially traumatic situation.
It would be kinda interesting if the baby DID phase with her (and turned into a baby wolf).
what would happen if she gave birth as a wolf and the baby was born in wolf form? you'd think it would be able to phase back . . .

but that probably wouldn't happen, because the only shape-shifters there are have reached full maturity.
I'm going with the 'once you stop phasing things will pick right back up' view.
ImageImage
If they say it's tourist season why can't we shoot them?
moon.cherry.twilite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by moon.cherry.twilite »

I sense cross-breed development...hint hint. 8-)
if she could even have kids that is.
Well, look at it this way...she's menopausal as of now. If things did pick up again after she quit her.... i don't know...inner wolf? then phasing during a pregnancy might not be possible.
OMDE= Oh My Dazzling Edward
OMHJ= Oh My Hot Jacob
GO HERE: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4364852/1/Y ... h_Twilight

Landiana
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Near London, wondering if the crazy lobsters have formed their plan of attack

Post by Landiana »

bite_me wrote:
Destani wrote: Finally, we don't know how a fetus would handle the effects of phasing. Would it phase with the mother or would the stress of phasing cause her to abort? By going temporarily menopausal, that could be her body's natural defense against a potentially traumatic situation.
It would be kinda interesting if the baby DID phase with her (and turned into a baby wolf).
what would happen if she gave birth as a wolf and the baby was born in wolf form? you'd think it would be able to phase back . . .

aww cute baby wolf.

the pahsing would be too much stress for the baby i think
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4851042/1/English_Vampires
Please read my fanfic!

Team Edward
-veiled-
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by -veiled- »

I don't think Lea can ever have children. Didn't the book say she doesn't have a period or something hinting that?
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

I think she would just have to stop phasing for a solid length of time, and then everything would
go back to normal, like a normal human.
It could be dangerous for her to have a baby, because of her not being able to control herself enough
to stop phasing.
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
Ichigo Kitty
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Ichigo Kitty »

Even if Leah could have babies who would she have one with? Sam was an option but he left her afterwards. Jacob is with Renesme, Bella is with Edward, it's kind of sad but who would she have to love. It sometimes makes me wonder why SM didn't set Leah up with anyone.
Ice and Fire co-existing together without destroying each other...

~ E<3B
RussetRose♥
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by RussetRose♥ »

I feel really bad for Leah. She has it so hard. :(

"Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?"
"You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?"
blue-eyed-bella
Wandering Through Town

Post by blue-eyed-bella »

Ichigo Kitty wrote:Even if Leah could have babies who would she have one with? Sam was an option but he left her afterwards. Jacob is with Renesme, Bella is with Edward, it's kind of sad but who would she have to love. It sometimes makes me wonder why SM didn't set Leah up with anyone.
Yeah, I feel that way too. That's why I was glad when SM said if she continued the series it would be through Leah or Nessie's POV. If it's through Leah's, I think Leah will find someone... maybe even through imprinting, if that's possible for her. After all she's gone through with Sam, her dad, not being able to get pregnant (well at least until she stops being a wolf)... she deserves to be happy.
When life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it's not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end.
katthegreat11
Settled in Forks

Post by katthegreat11 »

I just want to throw a few ideas out there for you guys to discuss (assuming she is not menopausal and could regain her period and get pregnant):

1. Leah is already short-tempered and a grouch. Imagine what all those crazy hormones would do! Not many people (or mythical creatures) would want to be around that...

2. I know there's gonna be quite a bit of feedback on this one... what if Leah had a baby with a vampire? Which is very improbable, considering she would probably phase automatically, or during the act... and they would probably rip each other to shreds. Anyway, assuming she could get pregnant by a vampire, what do you think the pregnancy would be like? What about the kid? What vampire (or half-vampire *wink wink* do you think it would be?
jenmick2
Settled in Forks

Post by jenmick2 »

1. I think Leah is bitter because of Sam, just like Jacob was because of Bella. However once he imprinted, everything fit together. He was happy again and his relationship with Bella was where it was supposed to be.
So with that, I think that if Leah was to imprint with someone else, I think the whole world would shift for her just like the others who imprinted.

2. Even if she softens up to the whole vampire/werewolf friendship, vampires venom still kills werewolves. So to get infected by venom wouldnt be a risk I see Leah wanting to take. But I dont know, I dont see her drinking blood to save the baby. But if she did, her body would heal quickly. I just wonder if her body would heal after the birth.