General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
happy_alice
Settled in Forks

Re: Leah and Children

Post by happy_alice »

Well, Leah said herself in BD that she was menopausal, so I don't think she can have children if she stays a werewolf. However, if she stops becoming one, maybe her body will start up again, just like Jake said. It's a possibility.
The sun one day will break out of the clouds and forever silence the darkness. All we have to do is be happy.

~happy_alice
BreathelessVampire
Fishing with Charlie

Post by BreathelessVampire »

I don't think Leah would be able to have children. If I am not mistaken, she stopped having her period after phasing.

As long the vampires are there, she wouldn't have a chance of being normal again. She cannot get pregnant as she cannot menstruate, well if she does, the baby would be in great danger, as Leah has a very short temper, and she don't want the baby to be a werewolf like her.

Poor Leah.
Team Edward. Team Jasper. Team Alice. Team Emmett
Because they are just plain sexy.

Trainee at Emmett's Demolition Crew

Member of Donating Blood To Jasper&Co.
Landiana
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Near London, wondering if the crazy lobsters have formed their plan of attack

Post by Landiana »

as much as i want leah to be able to have kids i don't think she will be able to. i think some of the theorys are plausible, but i think that the changes would be too dangerous for the baby to be subjected to.

i do however think that there is hope for her to imprint, although i think that normal human love would be enough.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4851042/1/English_Vampires
Please read my fanfic!

Team Edward
edward x lover
Fishing with Charlie

Post by edward x lover »

If she got pregnant and then phases and stayed a wolf the whole pregnancy would they be puppies??? HAHAHA JK

No, I don't think she can have babies because then wouldnt she be having her period and if she was she wouldn't think she couldn't get pregnant.
~Lee~
Team Ian because human guys can be perfect.
Team Edward-Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901
RDC<3
singleduetoedward
Learning to Love Green

Post by singleduetoedward »

star wrote:So, I totally agree with bronzehairedgirl. I think Leah is on a wolf's cycle and therefor can have children. Secondly (this is more aout imprinting than Leah having kids) I think perhaps Leah could or would have imprinted already if she were not a female wolf. Think about it. Leah is the first female wolf. All previous imprintings have been by male wolves on female humans. Maybe it just doesn't work the other way around. They say that you imprint on the person who gives you the best shot at passing on the gene right? To pass on the gene, the wolf gene from the father would have to be stronger than the human gene from the mother. Its similar to how the gene for brown hair overrides the gene for red hair. What if the gene is so strong in this case that the father really doesn't matter because Leah's wolf gene will automaticly override it? Then she would have no need to imprint. Leah points out that were it not for Jacob, Seth would have the best shot at being the alpha. Meaning that the Clearwater children have very stong genetic heritage on both sides. I think this genetic herritage would have to be very strong and combined with a firery temperment to awaken the gene in a female. Meaning that I believe female desendants of the wolves carry the gene and can pass it on, but only with a member of the pack. Members of the pack however can pass it on with whoever they imprint upon. So I believe Leah has not imprinted because her genetic code is so dominently wolf that she doesn't have to. Sorry if that is confusing and off topic.
I totally agree with you about the imprinting thing. I don't think Leah NEEDS to imprint, as pretty much any male will give her the same chance of having (or not having) children.
My life was an unending, unchanging midnight. It must, by necessity, always be midnight for me. So how was it possible that the sun was rising now, in the middle of my midnight?
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

happy_alice wrote:Well, Leah said herself in BD that she was menopausal, so I don't think she can have children if she stays a werewolf. However, if she stops becoming one, maybe her body will start up again, just like Jake said. It's a possibility.

Agreed, as long as Leah is a werewolf her body is kind of like that of a vampire in the sense that it doesn't undergo change (of course only when she phases). Hopefully it will be a possibility for her in the future though cause i love Leah- i think she's a great character and definately deserves her happy ending too ;)
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Amivera »

I was disappointed SMeyer dropped this on Leah's plate along with all the other stuff:

-Sam left her for her cousin— lost all his love because of stupid "Imprinting"
-She decided to stand up for Emily as bridesmaid at the wedding
-She turned into a wolf— completely unexpected by everyone (being the freaky, 'girly' wolf) :(
-Her dad died (implied: her change shocked him into it)
-Jacob ran off after she began to build a friendship with him
-BELLA got to have a baby, even though she WILLINGLY gave up the choice to have one
-Leah found out she was menopausal and could not have children.
-Jacob imprinted and left her in the dust
-Her mother found Charlie
-Everyone had a happy ending

She MIGHT be able to have children, but definitely not for the time being— right now it's her duty to stay a beta wolf in Jacob's pack. (Beta, mind you. She's not even first)

She'll also have to learn to control her emotions, because a quick flash of anger could change her into a wolf, and if she's not careful during pregnancy, the baby could be harmed.

Leah said herself that she was menopausal and she wouldn't imprint, because imprinting is, first and foremost, to carry along the strongest gene. If she can't pass the gene while still shifting into a werewolf, and being a werewolf is required to imprint, she won't imprint so she won't pass on the gene, so she won't have kids.
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj
moon sidhe

Post by moon sidhe »

Amivera wrote:

Leah said herself that she was menopausal and she wouldn't imprint, because imprinting is, first and foremost, to carry along the strongest gene. If she can't pass the gene while still shifting into a werewolf, and being a werewolf is required to imprint, she won't imprint so she won't pass on the gene, so she won't have kids.
Imprinting is about making the strongest possible werewolf, but I don't think it follows that you couldn't go mate with any old random person and not have a kid. It just wouldn't be the strongest possible genetic combination. Personally, I have a feeling Jacob is right, and once Leah stops phasing, that her body will resume it's normal processes and she'll be able to have kids. It might not be through imprinting, but either way, I'm betting it's possible.
You are in my blood like holy wine
and you taste so bitter but you taste so sweet
Oh I could drink a case of you darling
And I would still be on my feet
Landiana
Location: Near London, wondering if the crazy lobsters have formed their plan of attack

Post by Landiana »

moon sidhe wrote:
Amivera wrote:

Imprinting is about making the strongest possible werewolf, but I don't think it follows that you couldn't go mate with any old random person and not have a kid. It just wouldn't be the strongest possible genetic combination. Personally, I have a feeling Jacob is right, and once Leah stops phasing, that her body will resume it's normal processes and she'll be able to have kids. It might not be through imprinting, but either way, I'm betting it's possible.
i dont know. i don't think that female werewolves can imprint... but then i am not really sure which it is stronger wolf or stronger gene. it is never actually resolved
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4851042/1/English_Vampires
Please read my fanfic!

Team Edward
Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Amivera »

moon sidhe wrote: Imprinting is about making the strongest possible werewolf, but I don't think it follows that you couldn't go mate with any old random person and not have a kid. It just wouldn't be the strongest possible genetic combination.
I was thinking that for now she's still going to be in the pack, saving everyone. It depends on how long she stays in the pack, and then she needs to learn to master herself and keep from phasing— because extreme anger causes phasing, she'll have to stop that.

And she'll have to do all this before she hits the age where women really do become menopausal.

I just really think she was dealed a bad hand. It was so unfair.
Landiana wrote: i dont know. i don't think that female werewolves can imprint... but then i am not really sure which it is stronger wolf or stronger gene. it is never actually resolved
I agree. I thought there might have been a parallel between the female vampires and the female werewolves: neither can have children.

It's less fair to the— err *shapeshifters*, because they're not dead.
Hmm, it's also not fair to the women. It looks like the males are better off in this book— a lot of the time.
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj