General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
inlovewithvamps
Settled in Forks

Re: Vampires of the World

Post by inlovewithvamps »

Iris Messenger wrote:being a fanfiction writer who loves to explore the minor characters (they aren't so overdone and leave more room for interpretation, I was in heaven when the new characters were being trotted out.

The Romanian vampires were awesome — how they seemed to -almost- embody the dracula myth with their creepiness.

And Garrett and Kate ... wow, i love them!
I agree! :D
Human or vampire? Decide Bella's fate! Vote: http://ow.ly/2kL5B
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

I love the different covens that showed up in Breaking Dawn specially Garrett. I love how his and Kate's relationship developed even in the midst of a war with the Volturi. If ever SM decides to write a short story about the minor characters of Twilight Garrett and Kate's love story is one that I would love to read. The amazon coven are also interesting, the wild women as Bella describes them.They seem to live an interesting life in the Amazon. I had a good laugh with the Romanian Coven as Jacob once called the Dracula 1 and Dracula 2 the Creeptacular :lol: :lol: . I won't mind reading how they were overthrown by the Volturi and what they were doing while waiting for the perfect opportunity to defeat the Volturi...
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
HarryTuttle
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by HarryTuttle »

I've been a vampire fan since i was a kid and i love how they have different takes on vampires.

I agree Lostriceballs, the sparkling in teh sun vampire thing is stupid. I mean it's logical that he explained that his skin is hard as diamonds but he didnt' need to sparkle like a diamond, i mean WE GET IT! they didn't need to be be literal like if they had a disco ball on their skin or looked like they walked out of a diamond mining field.
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Well if they didn't sparkle under the sun, what's to keep them from just walking around in plain sight?
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

ringswraith wrote:Well if they didn't sparkle under the sun, what's to keep them from just walking around in plain sight?
Good point. They wouldn't have any excuse why the vamps can't come out when the sun is sparkling...
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
Kate
Officially Bitten!
Location: Wandering in the town, holding my arm tightly around the hold in my chest…

Post by Kate »

dazzel21 wrote:
ringswraith wrote:Well if they didn't sparkle under the sun, what's to keep them from just walking around in plain sight?
Good point. They wouldn't have any excuse why the vamps can't come out when the sun is sparkling...
Personally, I find it an interesting way to freshen up the myth…

"When Kate met Garrett, she found something she'd never found [...]. She is currently attempting monogamy for the first time in her long life." S. M. The guide p. 157
HarryTuttle
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by HarryTuttle »

And does Cullen's vampire kind eat cockroaches like some vampires do?
Max 28
Wandering Through Town

Post by Max 28 »

I enjoyed reading of all the abilities. There were some pretty cool ones with the element control and the illusions. 8-)
HarryTuttle
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by HarryTuttle »

But does anyone find the species of the Cullens similar to the alien vampire race from 1985's "Lifeforce"? if anyone has seen that movie, you'll notice they are a bit similar if not since the Cullens don't drain energy through electric kisses like those vampires.
3dw2rd Cull3n
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by 3dw2rd Cull3n »

(I hope there isnt such thing as a necropost, since we dont do duplicate topics)

I like the names, but it's a little off putting that they dont have last names. Other than the Cullens I mean. If I was in the series, what am I supposed to call Kate if I didnt know her personally?
3dw2rd cu||3n, biting willing humans since 1 AD