General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Lacuna Scion
Fishing with Charlie

Re: Bruises

Post by Lacuna Scion »

Oh snap! I never thought of that! It makes total sense because it takes about a day for bruises to show (I'm a clutz- I know) so it very well could have been. Well, Edward is my fave, but it's good that he didn't think that it was Jake- he would've annihilated him. That would have made me sad; I like Jake.

I love it when people pick up on this stuff that I don't notice. I wonder how Steph wanted it. We all assumed it was Edward because it made such a federal case about it. But the question remains: who done it? :? That's a good interview question. *makes mental note*
Team Leah - The Crappy Little Renegade Team | Team Esme
Team Carlisle | Screw You Freaks! I pick Ben! | Volturi - Rosalind
fiish3
Wandering Through Town

Post by fiish3 »

I agree with everyone else.
Bella would of noticed when she had a shower
and Edward would of killed jacob.

This part was sad to read. I felt sorry for bella, even though she described it as the happiest moment of her life.
I just imagined that the bruises were terrible. It was definately a graphic image in my head
RussetRose♥
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by RussetRose♥ »

I really thought that Edward had given her the bruises at first, but maybe Jacob did give her some of them. But, they would only be on her arms, and the book describes her as having bruises on every single part of her body, and Edward was saying sorry to her soooo much.

"Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?"
"You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?"
DestinedForHogwarts
Settled in Forks

Post by DestinedForHogwarts »

well i think it is possible that Jacob caused a small portion of the bruises and they could have taken a day to show up. it says edward matched his hand to the bruises, but im sure those werent the only ones, so a bruise Jacob may have caused, may have just gone under the radar as something edward did.
oh well. i would let edward bruise my body any day ;)
eliselovesedwardx
Completely Dazzled!

Post by eliselovesedwardx »

It seriously never occurred to me that Jacob could've given some of the bruises to Bella, probably cause those two moments seem so far apart to me, even though they are only a day apart..

Wow..my eyes are opened to yet another possibility i never considered yet now will intrigue me and make me pay more attention next time..
::Elise:: Backhoe Operator for EDC, Inc~EDC's Cheer Squad Captain!
I'm on the List~The names Mooner
Destani

Post by Destani »

^^Ditto for me.

I never thought about it but since Bella says that her bruises usually take a while to form, it's a possibility that Jacob caused one or two. But Edward still would have caused the majority of them.
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/
Esme echo
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Esme echo »

This is a re-post from page four:
Esme echo wrote:I know I'll hear howls of disbelief for saying this, but in my opinion, it's not criminal to accidentally bruise your beloved. It happens; the important question is, was it deliberate? Uncaring or careless? How do each of you feel?

Consider that Edward:
--is a vampire,
--his physical reactions are more intense than a human's, and
--his super strength is an ever-present danger to Bella.

No one could have tried to be more careful than Edward during that night; he could not have been more remorseful that he didn't have perfect control during his first sexual experience.

At the same time, Bella could not remember a single moment when she felt that Edward was holding her too tightly (p. 89). She acknowledged that she marked up easily (p. 95) and she was less sore afterwards than when she'd over-done it at the gym (p. 91). Bella was totally joyed that their very unequal physical characteristics were not a greater factor in their physical relationship. I appreciated her comment, "Fire and ice, somehow existing together without destroying each other."

For me, the most important part of this incident is that in subsequent "practice," Edward did not bruise Bella again! One of the things I love most about Edward is his total commitment to keeping Bella safe and happy.
Personally, I think it is silly to accuse Jacob of gripping Bella so tightly at the wedding reception that he bruised her arms. I can't figure out why anyone would want to stretch that far to blame Jacob for something he obviously had nothing to do with. It was all Edward, girls; but it never happened again, and--as Bella said--it wasn't that big a deal to begin with.
"Where there is great love, there are always miracles."
Destani

Post by Destani »

You're right about that...bruises aren't a big deal, especially not for someone like Bella who injures herself all the time. I get bruises all the time and most of them don't really hurt.
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/
vampluv78
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by vampluv78 »

ok im too sleep to go through and read what everyone esle said so im just saying, Jacob could have caused some but Edward most likly caused more.
It could be because edward was holding tighter then jacob making the bruises surface faster.
[Image
bellwardluvr
Settled in Forks

Post by bellwardluvr »

k i tink dat Jacob is not to blame for bruising bella at the wedding. I mean-it's kinda a reflex action for him to result in almost-not-quite-voilence-but-enough-to-piss-off-edward type thing him being a werwolf and all. I thought how edward bruised bella was hilarius. when the book came out i was too broke to buy it so i read half of it in the target around the corner from my house. Let me tell you i got some strange looks when i would bust out laughing while walking through target with a unpurchused book in my face. Anyway it was funny but I think how edward reacted was a lil bizare. yes i kno it's so edward but still he kinda ruined her first time experience. i was a lil ticked off with him. im glad they got "practice" and he didn't hurt her again. Can you say true love? :D