General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
ILY_E.C_4EVA
Wandering Through Town

Re: Bruises

Post by ILY_E.C_4EVA »

Edward can bruise me, bite my pillow and reack my headboard anytime :lol: ;)
"Stupid, Shiny Volvo Owner"
"Penguins, Lovely."
Well you no you're OBSESSED when you read "the end" and cried
Immy93
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Immy93 »

ILY_E.C_4EVA wrote:Edward can bruise me, bite my pillow and reack my headboard anytime :lol: ;)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Same here!

xxx
ImageEdward Cullen
EdwardNJessi
Learning to Love Green

Post by EdwardNJessi »

inlovewithmyJasper54 wrote:I have a question. how would any of you react if you woke up after doing... well, what they did, and had bruises all over you? and how would you react to Edwards reaction if you were Bella?

I would probably be very confused about the bruises and a little frightened. But, if Edward reacted like that to me, I would have been much angrier towards him than Bella was.

Good question! I'm sure that I would be shocked by the bruises at first, but really...after second or two...that would pass. I wouldn't really care all of that much because I had just been in bed with Edward all night! I think the thing that would bother me the most is Edward's reaction. I have a feeling I would be more concerned with his feelings at that point more than my own. haha. Well, I guess I would act just as Bella had!!!!
ChristinasHeadache
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by ChristinasHeadache »

Ok my take on it... I had wondered at the time Jacob was gripping her so hard about what would be there. IF he had squeezed just a big harder he might have broken her bones considering he was holding her as tight as a tourniquet. Someone said tourniquets don't leave bruises... absolutely not true. I am like Bella in a lot of ways, clumsy, easy to bruise, pale very pale unable to tan period even when I lived in Houston pale. I get bruises from tourniquets. I get giant hematomas when they blow through the vein. I was also a phlebotomist for several years so I took blood from TONS of people of all types and used that tourniquet bazillions of times. They absolutely leave bruises, just not everytime or on everyone. So, I agree with those who said bruises take time to surface. It is also entirely possible that the bruises left by Jacob were deep in the muscle and would have taken as long as 3 days to surface as high as the epidermis. Bella was so distracted in the shower I doubt she would even remember what happened with Jacob enough to consider whether or not she had a mark from him. As for Edward's notice of them had they been visible he ABSOLUTELY would have seen but they may not have been visible yet. I say every other mark (with the exception of possibly 1 ring around each upper arm) was from passion not pain - be it Jacob's pain, Bella's pain, or Edward's pain.

End of personal opinion. :lol:
eliselovesedwardx is my TwiTwin!
E<3B Team Edward, Knight in Shiny Volvo!
WreckingBall Operator in EDC Inc.~Lets break down some houses!~
Jr Staff Supervisor in Wingtear's Non-Veggie Vamp Cafe
Elisa the Spanker in Twilight Mafia

EdwardNJessi
Learning to Love Green

Post by EdwardNJessi »

ChristinasHeadache wrote:Ok my take on it... I had wondered at the time Jacob was gripping her so hard about what would be there. IF he had squeezed just a big harder he might have broken her bones considering he was holding her as tight as a tourniquet. Someone said tourniquets don't leave bruises... absolutely not true. I am like Bella in a lot of ways, clumsy, easy to bruise, pale very pale unable to tan period even when I lived in Houston pale. I get bruises from tourniquets. I get giant hematomas when they blow through the vein. I was also a phlebotomist for several years so I took blood from TONS of people of all types and used that tourniquet bazillions of times. They absolutely leave bruises, just not everytime or on everyone. So, I agree with those who said bruises take time to surface. It is also entirely possible that the bruises left by Jacob were deep in the muscle and would have taken as long as 3 days to surface as high as the epidermis. Bella was so distracted in the shower I doubt she would even remember what happened with Jacob enough to consider whether or not she had a mark from him. As for Edward's notice of them had they been visible he ABSOLUTELY would have seen but they may not have been visible yet. I say every other mark (with the exception of possibly 1 ring around each upper arm) was from passion not pain - be it Jacob's pain, Bella's pain, or Edward's pain.

Pretty good theory, Christina! I agree!
MrsFutureCullen
Settled in Forks

Post by MrsFutureCullen »

I think that everyone would like to think that the bruises were caused by Jacob. Because no one wants to think that Edward would hurt Bella....but to be honest I think like everyone else that Edward would have noticed if she was bruised and like everyone has said he would have hunted Jacob down and made him wish he never touched Bella.
What if Im not a superhero....What if Im the bad guy?"
-Edward aka Future Boyfriend
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Cocoa wrote:Could some of Bella's bruises have been caused by Jacob at the wedding and not all from Edward?

The incident with Jacob is discribed as him grabing her arms and gripping her to the bone and shaking her. That kind of thing leaves a mark. It was 24 hours after the wedding, just enough time for the bruises to rise to the surface. Is Edward taking the blame for something that wasn't ALL his fault?
I, too, think that if Jacob had bruised Bella, she would have noticed, but who knows. It seems that her bruises came from a really intense and powerful night with her man!!! Edward had to really 'reign in' his contact with her and that had to be hard - but it also could have added to the intensity and heightened the experience they had together. Whoot!! :D
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
Immy93
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Immy93 »

ChristinasHeadache wrote:Ok my take on it... I had wondered at the time Jacob was gripping her so hard about what would be there. IF he had squeezed just a big harder he might have broken her bones considering he was holding her as tight as a tourniquet. Someone said tourniquets don't leave bruises... absolutely not true. I am like Bella in a lot of ways, clumsy, easy to bruise, pale very pale unable to tan period even when I lived in Houston pale. I get bruises from tourniquets. I get giant hematomas when they blow through the vein. I was also a phlebotomist for several years so I took blood from TONS of people of all types and used that tourniquet bazillions of times. They absolutely leave bruises, just not everytime or on everyone. So, I agree with those who said bruises take time to surface. It is also entirely possible that the bruises left by Jacob were deep in the muscle and would have taken as long as 3 days to surface as high as the epidermis. Bella was so distracted in the shower I doubt she would even remember what happened with Jacob enough to consider whether or not she had a mark from him. As for Edward's notice of them had they been visible he ABSOLUTELY would have seen but they may not have been visible yet. I say every other mark (with the exception of possibly 1 ring around each upper arm) was from passion not pain - be it Jacob's pain, Bella's pain, or Edward's pain.

That is a pretty good theory I must admit! But Bella never actually denied that Edward hurt her a bit, she just said she didn't notice it happening because she was so happy!

You theory has got me thinking though, in a good way! :D

xxx
ImageEdward Cullen
LeechesRule95
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by LeechesRule95 »

LeechesRule95 wrote:Im not sure alot of people made some good points about the bruises not being from Jacob. But then again if 1 or 2 where from Jacob then why would Edward bother to go damage Jake when Jakes already in pain from Bella going to be turned into a Vampire. :roll: And its not like he wants to start a fight with the werewolves over 2 small bruises. And when Edward showed Bella that his hands matched the shapes of the bruises it never mentioned that he traced all of them. I mean with all that force from someone so strong it would be impossible for her not to get bruised. :| And im not saying that he caused all the bruises Im just saying that 1 or 2 was caused by him...... :| And also as some posts before me had mentioned Jacobs bruises could be covered up by Edwards...

And to answer your question inlovewithmyjasper54

I would be seriously shocked but never mad at Edward for hurting me, But for being mad at himself ,more mad than Bella and Himself. furious....... I would have also said that its not his fault I mean it wasnt and that it was known that it was supposed to be hard...... I would also be more shocked about the feathers than the Bruises...:)
I also wanted to add to my post that Bella herself had mentioned that she doesnt pay attention to her bruises and that by the time that they started to show she would forget where they came from. So even when she was taking a shower she might have or might not have noticed the bruise but she bruises so easily its not a big thing to her. Nothing to go overboard about..... And even if she had noticed it she wasnt going to think about Jacob at that point nor would Edward had mentioned that the individual bruises were left from Jacob.. What would he say " Im a total monster. I hurt you but not all the bruises here are from me these two are from JACOB!" He wouldnt do something like that. Obviously :roll:
edward4ever
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by edward4ever »

Everyone has great points!

Also, when Huilen was describing her sister Pire's tryst with Joham in the forest, she states that Pire had the same types of bruises, "I warned her...As if the bruises on her skin were not warning enough. I knew it was the Libishomen of our legends..." One can only assume Libishomen is their word for vampire.
Edward's Honeymoon Night Extra
Honeymoon Night Extra
Two feather pillows--$75
One headboard--$220
Spending 17 days alone on Isle Esme with Edward Cullen--PRICELESS!