General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Re: Bruises

Post by darkrider »

It's possible. I actually haven't even thought of that while I was reading or after I finished BD. Now that you bring that up, I think that it's highly likely, but would Stephenie really hide a detail to that extreme? I doubt it.
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
Pel
Keeper of the Scepter of Doom

Post by Pel »

AgentCross wrote:Um... maybe It's just me... but I've encountered bruises during sex before.. and I'm far from a Vampire. I think Edward did amazingly well that first time.

Without giving out entirely too much information, it's not just you. No violence or domination was intended, just two people who were rather enjoying themselves at the time and...you get the idea. :oops:

I think of it this way. How many of us have had hickies because things got a bit heated? Surely I can't be the only person to need cover up on her neck or to wear high collars for a week.
AgentCross
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by AgentCross »

Pel wrote:
AgentCross wrote:Um... maybe It's just me... but I've encountered bruises during sex before.. and I'm far from a Vampire. I think Edward did amazingly well that first time.

Without giving out entirely too much information, it's not just you. No violence or domination was intended, just two people who were rather enjoying themselves at the time and...you get the idea. :oops:

I think of it this way. How many of us have had hickies because things got a bit heated? Surely I can't be the only person to need cover up on her neck or to wear high collars for a week.

Yeah that's my point, it think it was mainly because of both Edward's and Bella's inexperience in that area and of course Edward's habit of overreaction that led to the small amount of conflict between their first and second times.
"A Proud Twilight Guy"
Golden Eyed Glory
Settled in Forks

Post by Golden Eyed Glory »

Alice'sGrandma wrote:
I felt so sorry for Edward. Could you imagine him watching all these bruises he created slowly appearing through the night as Bella lay asleep? What a mixture of feelings he must have felt.
I was thinking about that too. He would've been so upset, torturing himself all night, letting his self disgust build up while Bella slept. That's why he was so grouchy in the morning, he'd been beating himself up, convinced he was the worst man on the planet, and then Bella wakes up and tries to tell him it was amazing for her. Of course he'd think she was lying if he felt so horrible. And now that we have seen life like a vampire through Bella, imagine how the brusies would have looked. Edward would know a bruise comes from small veins and capillaries under the skin breaking and he would see in vivid clarity the blood collecting under her skin. It would've been killing him.
Edward Anthony Masen Cullen: "I bit a pillow. Or two." "No, I don't care if you bite Jacob. That's fine." Jake: "Shut up, Seth." Seth: "Shutting."
museicalking
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by museicalking »

the bruises...ah...umh they showed how strong edward can be..and :o he had to channel the excess somewhere and they went to the pillow and some of bella...
Team Emmett- EDC, Inc. Emmett Demolition Crew.
Team Rosalie- Every Rose has its Thorns
Team Alice- Seeing the Future Since 1901
<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3
tricia
Learning to Love Green

Post by tricia »

Pel wrote:
ahhhh remember the prom in May of '89... and my mom asking why i was wearing a turtle neck the next day :oops:
"Her existence alone was excuse enough to justify the creation of the entire world."

And, by the way, I adore you... in frightening, dangerous ways.
midnight_fix
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by midnight_fix »

What was Edward expecting..he probably should have been thrilled he didn't break any bones. The amount of resistance he showed all along to them being together while Bella was human was an indication to me that he had a pretty good idea that SOMETHING would happen. Besides, I kinda expect Bella would be the type of person to bruise easily. Edward probably was amazingly careful, it just took the tiniest bit of pressure to leave a mark. I'm that way..all it takes is someone to put there hand on my arm with hardly any pressure and I end up with a bruise. I get bruises I have no memory of getting cause there wasn't even any discomfort. Anyway, I think he overreacted considering it was so irrelevant to Bella. But it is Edward, how can you fault him for caring that much?
Edward talks to me in my head.....they tried to give me medication for that but I wouldn't let them.
kaw
Settled in Forks

Post by kaw »

I'm another of those easy-bruising types. I rarely have any idea where a bruise came from. I even asked a doctor once whether I had any bleeding disorder that would explain bruising easily (I don't). So I don't find it at all unlikely that Bella would have a lot of bruises from contact that didn't bother her in the heat of the moment.

KAW
JulesCullen
Settled in Forks

Post by JulesCullen »

Yes, I definitely expected her to be bruised all over. So was his expectation either he'll kill her or she'll be completely fine? I'm honestly surprised that she didn't break any bones.
"Why am I covered in feathers?"
"I bit a pillow. Or two."

eizel
Learning to Love Green

Post by eizel »

possibly but she would have notice or edward would...
ImageImage
Credit to http://kawaii-inc.org/ for my sad cute avatar.
im just sad Stephenie Meyer put Midnight sun on hold indefinitely