General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Immy93
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Bruises

Post by Immy93 »

I think Edward would have noticed straight away!
Plus, remeber what they said after!

Bella didn't deny that Edward ahd hurt her just that she was so happy she couldn't really think about it!
I never crossed my mind that the bruises were form JAcob!
Also Edward broke the bed and if he can break a bed he can definately bruise Bella!

I don't know if this is right but Bella was descirbed as being really pale, well do pale people bruise more easily? I made be talking rubbish but do they?
(I'm a weird combination of races so I have tanned skin meaning I can't really comment!)

What do you all think?
ImageEdward Cullen
SweetMom
Settled in Forks

Post by SweetMom »

I can see it being possible, but I doubt it. I believe they came from Edward.
EdwardNJessi
Learning to Love Green

Post by EdwardNJessi »

That's a really interesting take on the bruises, Cocoa. I guess one can interpret it that way. For me, the bruises don't represent pain...they represent the utter, unimaginable desire that Edward has for Bella and vice-versa.

Edward can bruise me any day. woop woop!! ;)
bella_love3
Learning to Love Green

Post by bella_love3 »

i think bella would have noticed the bruises once she was in the shower. i mean she might have been really out of it because she was thinking about how her edward were married and how she was going to have sex with him for the first time. but i still think she would have noticed or edward would have.
*TwilightIsMyDrug*
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by *TwilightIsMyDrug* »

Nah.
It's all Edward. Edward and all his vampy-manliness...
Ummm.
I'd for sure take some of that...oh gees! :oops: :lol:
"You don't know how long I've waited for you."
Team Edward
lag28wa
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by lag28wa »

I find that an interesting idea. And plausible if we're going to think of the science of it. Some bruises, depending on the person show up very lightly at first, and maybe not even noticably. I also think the bruising looked so much worse to Edward because he was back in his "I'm a monster" frame of mind, and almost expecting himself to hurt her. I mean he wouldn't even listen to her when she was trying to tell him how much she enjoyed it and that she wasn't really hurt at all.

I think the majority of the bruising did come from Edward, but that its very plausible to think Bella was bruised in some way by Jacob as well. Maybe very lightly, probably not noticed under Edward's bruises.

It bothered me that Edward reacted the way he did after the bruises. I mean Bella consented to it and she really wanted it, like more than anything, so to her the bruises are nothing. To him its like a reminder of how he could have killed her, so I can see why he's upset, but on the other hand, I think he should listen to Bella when she tells him how AWESOME and perfect her night was. Does that make any sense? I know that if I was in Bella's shoes and had just had the most amazing night with my equally amazing husband, I would be hurt that he is so angry and wrapped up in the bruises while I am trying to cuddle in a blissed out fashion! You know?
It is not length of life, but depth of life---Ralph Waldo Emerson
Banner by emaleth @ Vesparium
BreathelessVampire
Fishing with Charlie

Post by BreathelessVampire »

Heck. Make sense. Maybe both of them?
Team Edward. Team Jasper. Team Alice. Team Emmett
Because they are just plain sexy.

Trainee at Emmett's Demolition Crew

Member of Donating Blood To Jasper&Co.
Mrs. Edward
Settled in Forks

Post by Mrs. Edward »

It could be part of it, but obviously some of them were from him, the marks match HIS fingers. I mean obviously the um... activity requires closeness and he can accidentlly lose control. But, he did do alright, anyway, he overreacted again, which is cute as always.
inlovewithmyJasper54
Learning to Love Green
Location: Florida - waiting for a Vampire to shine in the sunlight

Post by inlovewithmyJasper54 »

I have a question. how would any of you react if you woke up after doing... well, what they did, and had bruises all over you? and how would you react to Edwards reaction if you were Bella?

I would probably be very confused about the bruises and a little frightened. But, if Edward reacted like that to me, I would have been much angrier towards him than Bella was.
ImageImage
both made by... me! =) <3
LeechesRule95
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by LeechesRule95 »

Im not sure alot of people made some good points about the bruises not being from Jacob. But then again if 1 or 2 where from Jacob then why would Edward bother to go damage Jake when Jakes already in pain from Bella going to be turned into a Vampire. :roll: And its not like he wants to start a fight with the werewolves over 2 small bruises. And when Edward showed Bella that his hands matched the shapes of the bruises it never mentioned that he traced all of them. I mean with all that force from someone so strong it would be impossible for her not to get bruised. :| And im not saying that he caused all the bruises Im just saying that 1 or 2 was caused by him...... :| And also as some posts before me had mentioned Jacobs bruises could be covered up by Edwards...

And to answer your question inlovewithmyjasper54

I would be seriously shocked but never mad at Edward for hurting me, But for being mad at himself ,more mad than Bella and Himself. furious....... I would have also said that its not his fault I mean it wasnt and that it was known that it was supposed to be hard...... I would also be more shocked about the feathers than the Bruises...:)