Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Alice's Grandma
Settled in Forks

Re: Bruises

Post by Alice's Grandma »

Midnight fix wrote:
What was Edward expecting..he probably should have been thrilled he didn't break any bones. The amount of resistance he showed all along to them being together while Bella was human was an indication to me that he had a pretty good idea that SOMETHING would happen......... But it is Edward, how can you fault him for caring that much?
JulesCullen wrote:
So was his expectation either he'll kill her or she'll be completely fine? I'm honestly surprised that she didn't break any bones.
I agree with both of you, but just because he reacted or potentially over reacted doesn't mean he wasn't expecting it. Imagining what is going to happen and then actually watching the bruises slowly appear might be two different things. Can a person prepare themselves to see something like that - especially when he caused it while enjoying making love to her even though he was against doing it to begin with. It wouldn't have been Edward it he just looked at her, cringed, but admitted he had anticipated it. Could he have moderated his reaction, sure, but that wouldn't have been Edward either.
save-the-wetlands
Learning to Love Green

Post by save-the-wetlands »

bite-me wrote:I doubt Jacob did at least one those bruises.
Remember Bella took a shower before joining Edward in the sea. She'd have noticed them.

And Edward would have gone back and torn Jacob limb from limb.
WOW, what an image.
Very true. The treaty would have been tron from limb to limb too.
ImageImageImage
BlueOrchid
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by BlueOrchid »

I doubt there were any from Jacob. Edward is not known for his even temper so If Bella had even a hair out of place then ... no more Jacob.

I kind of liked how she didn't remember the pillows ripping. It must have been some night to not notice a detail like that . ;)
Nessa645
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Nessa645 »

BlueOrchid wrote: I kind of liked how she didn't remember the pillows ripping. It must have been some night to not notice a detail like that . ;)
Yep Yep it must have been some night ;)

But yeah they are most likely all from Edward
GottaLoveCullenx3
Settled in Forks

Post by GottaLoveCullenx3 »

I would love to believe that, but no.

For one, Edward wouldn't have missed that.
And he wouldn't have...persued anything if Bella was hurt at all.
And Edward matched his fingers to the bruises.
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

leahlovetwilight wrote:no way.
edward matched up his hand print to the bruises.
and also, edward would have noticed, then he
would have killed jake. hehe
As far as I would love to blame Jacob, leahlovetwilight it's right. He matched the marks with his hands. I think they were all caused by himself.
Alice-Is-Awesome
Wandering Through Town

Post by Alice-Is-Awesome »

irunwithvampires wrote:It's possible, but I doubt it. Edward would've noticed, wouldn't he? And then torn Jacob's head off.
haha that made me laugh.:P I totally agree that Edward would have noticed the bruises. And also, even when Jacob was firm with Bella in other parts of the book, he was still gentle so I don't think he would have bruised her..... Even if Edward would have liked an excuse to rip Jacob's head off :P
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[/url][/img]
Esme echo
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Esme echo »

I know I'll hear howls of disbelief for saying this, but in my opinion, it's not criminal to accidentally bruise your beloved. It happens; the important question is, was it deliberate? Uncaring or careless? How do each of you feel?

Consider that Edward:
--is a vampire,
--his physical reactions are more intense than a human's, and
--his super strength is an ever-present danger to Bella.

No one could have tried to be more careful than Edward during that night; he could not have been more remorseful that he didn't have perfect control during his first sexual experience.

At the same time, Bella could not remember a single moment when she felt that Edward was holding her too tightly (p. 89). She acknowledged that she marked up easily (p. 95) and she was less sore afterwards than when she'd over-done it at the gym (p. 91). Bella was totally joyed that their very unequal physical characteristics were not a greater factor in their physical relationship. I appreciated her comment, "Fire and ice, somehow existing together without destroying each other."

For me, the most important part of this incident is that in subsequent "practice," Edward did not bruise Bella again! One of the things I love most about Edward is his total commitment to keeping Bella safe and happy.
"Where there is great love, there are always miracles."
twilighter4eva
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by twilighter4eva »

irunwithvampires wrote:It's possible, but I doubt it. Edward would've noticed, wouldn't he? And then torn Jacob's head off.
he might not have noticed, because jacob might not have realized he did it. and if no on e else realized it, he wouldn't know because no one else would have been thinking about it. but sadly, i do believe it was edward. :(
"Uh, I had an adrenaline rush. It's very common. You can google it."- Edward

"How do we even know she's Italian? Her name's Bella."
LisaAnn
Wandering Through Town

Post by LisaAnn »

That's entirely possible. I didn't think of that possibility at all when I was reading it. Now that I think about it, that's probably what happened in the first place. Poor Edward, taking blame for something he didn't all do. lol.
I can't figure out how to delete my account.