How many times have you read the saga?

General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
carranzaya
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: My personal and beautiful Universe where Edward and Ian exist!!!

Re: How many times have you read the saga?

Post by carranzaya »

Greetings, Twilighters

Well i'm relatively new to all of this, but i loved it, for me all started when i saw the movie, cause i havent heard about the books before, am from nicaragua and here it is kind of difficult to be updated in many ways, especially english literature,but since i saw the movie the idea of having a copy of every book became almost an obsession, after trying unsuccessfully for many months i almost give up, but finally i have all of them, The Host included, which i love it,of course, so, let me think:

Both Versions: english and spanish, all books : 4 times, so, if am counting well, has to be 8.
The Host: 2

And now am trying the portuguese versions, just for fun and to practice my portuguese, who wouldnt love to reread all of them?
"You are the most important thing to me ever"
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

HAHA I thought I had read them a lot of times but you guys make me look like an amature.... :o

I'm now re-reading the whole saga for the 5th time. but I'm only at new moon...
I have read twilight and eclipse a few times more because they are my favorites...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
rainbowcrayon
Wandering Through Town

How many times have you read the saga?

Post by rainbowcrayon »

marielle wrote:HAHA I thought I had read them a lot of times but you guys make me look like an amature....
So very true. I have a habit of reading books over to glean more detail, but none of my friends really understand why. In their minds, all of the mystery is gone after the first read. You already know what happens! In my mind, the mystery is only beginning, because there are so many new things to discover as you are not entirely caught up with trying to figure out the story... although you might still get caught up in the story as you go along. So current totals stand:
Twilight: 6
New Moon: 6
Eclipse: 9
Breaking Dawn: 4
Here it is stated pretty clearly my preference for the books, and also in the order I read and bought them. I have also read New Moon a bit more recently in preparation for the movie release.

The Host: 3
I just thought I would put this in, as it was interesting... I actually liked The Host a lot, perhaps even as much as the original Twilight book and certainly better than Breaking Dawn... Maybe I'm just a sucker for Stephenie Meyer's complex love triangles (or quadrangles, or whatever), or maybe I just find complex, morally provoking and thought stimulating books. I mean, just look at where Twilight has gone (I mean, there are individual chapter discussions on each of her books on this site, with the exception of The Host, which I wish would change, and they are discussed in perhaps as much detail if not more in some places than the classics such as The Scarlet Letter or A Tale of Two Cities is read... Does Harry Potter do chapter discussions? Maybe, and perhaps as equally fanatical, but there is an element to Twilight and Stephenie Meyer's books in general that Harry Potter just does not have).
Last edited by rainbowcrayon on Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you're not really here, I don't want to be either. I want to be next to you.
black and gold, black and gold, black and gold, black and gold, black and gold, black and gold.
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

I am on my 5th time through the saga...almost finished with Twilight. Want to read New Moon before the movie premier!
Miista Cullen
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Miista Cullen »

I think I've read Twilight 3/4 times.
I've read New Moon 3 times.
I've read Eclipse 1.5 times.
I've read Breaking Dawn once.

I've read ~The Twilight Saga~ once! I remember it very clearly!!!!!
Hinata Hyuuga:
Image Image Image
Analisse
Learning to Love Green

Post by Analisse »

I have to count in the 2 languages because I have read it in Spanish and English..

In Spanish I read all the saga 4 times
In English I'm reading for the 6th time (I'm about to start with New Moon)
Malicia
Settled in Forks

Post by Malicia »

Twilight: 6 (5 times in Finnish, once in English)
New Moon: 3 (twicw in Finnish, once in English)
Eclipse: 3 (twice in English, once in Finnish)
Breaking Dawn: 1 only, in English

I'm planning on readin BD again, but I'm just so busy at the moment with school and everything.... :(
GlowingOne
Settled in Forks

Post by GlowingOne »

...Yikes. :shock:

Some people are obsessed...or maybe Im just un-dedicated?

Twilight --> 5 times, it seems every time Im bored I pick that thing up...
New Moon --> 3
Eclipse --> 3
Breaking Dawn --> 3

So basically, I read the entire series 4 times, except for Twilight which I worked my way through twice through 5 minute read`s.

Sam-
"Sometimes I wondered if I was seeing the same things through my eyes that the rest of the world was seeing through theirs. Maybe there was a glitch in my brain." -Bella Swan
sherismack
Settled in Forks

Post by sherismack »

lol, I feel so much better now that i found this thread. I have read through the saga about 5 times. but I did just start the series this past spring, so I guess ask again in a few months that # may change. I cant stop, I get new meening out of the writing each time! plus there is always stuff i miss when im half asleep at 4am prying my eyes open!
" You are killing my buzz, Edward "
TwilightMaiden
Settled in Forks

Post by TwilightMaiden »

I'm on my 20th straight reading of the whole saga and I'm still finding things I missed!