How many times have you read the saga?

General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Hazy_Lux
Settled in Forks

Re: How many times have you read the saga?

Post by Hazy_Lux »

I have read:

Twilight ~ 3 times
New Moon ~ 3 times
Eclipse ~ 3 times
Breaking Dawn ~ 2 times

It would be three times for Breaking Dawn, too, but on my second read-through of the series (about a year ago), I finished Eclipse only to realize that my copy of Breaking Dawn had apparently been borrowed by someone and never returned (i.e., lost forever). At the time, I was still holding out hope that it would show up before I had to go out and buy a new copy (1: Expensive! and 2: That was my special midnight release copy :( *sigh*); but, as you may have guessed from the fact that I already gave away this story's ending about 10 seconds ago, it was indeed *lost forever*.
Then, by the time I did get my new copy, it had been so long that I didn't feel right just jumping into the end with such a disconnect going on. SO I waited until after my third read of the first three in the series (just this winter!) to finally delve into Breaking Dawn again, and there you have it: the mismatched numbers.
NOW my problem is, for some reason I enjoyed them ALL so much more than I ever had before (which I would have thought previously impossible, and I really don't know what the difference was!), that... now, I kind of want to read them all... again... *looks around sheepishly*...
Haha! ...Yeah, ridiculous, lol.
The two problems facing me with that (besides the basic ridiculousness factor) is that 1) I am a college student with far more "important" things to be reading/spending my time on and 2) I was a big-time reader in general already -- as in, I am a complete, total, bookwormy bookworm dork -- and that means I have so many other books I could be devouring that I have NEVER experienced, you know? Let alone that I already have three times, haha. I mean, I know that there are a lot of people (especially young teens) who really only got into reading at all through Twilight in the first place, when they had never enjoyed books before -- and of course, I think that's so great! I only hope that they will now be able to branch out beyond Twilight land and recognize the potential of ALL different kinds of books to transport you to amazing new worlds and experiences -- sadly, I worry about this because, even though I already loved books of all kinds and needed no encouragement (rather, I probably read too much and should probably have someone here to smack me around a little to let that go a bit, haha), I am even having trouble "branching out", so to speak. :P Which is just... again, ridiculous, lol. Especially since I got some amazing books for Christmas, including but not limited to Pride and Prejudice (which I just finished the other day!), Rebel Angels (the second book in Libba Bray's amazing Gemma Doyle trilogy), and Dragonflight, which I am dying to read.
But... but... and I mean, especially since the release of the New Moon movie... it's just hard not to scratch that itch, so to speak. ;)

Gah, someone beat me up.
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Anarane wrote:
(So, please excuse my english, it's not my native language and I'm trying really hard to get better! :) )
I'm an English teacher and your English is excellent. You're right to read Twilight in English! Keep up the good work.
Essay33
Wandering Through Town

Post by Essay33 »

I've read each of the novels three times, one right after the other. I've listened to the unabridged books on CD (downloaded to my i-pod) three times each one right after the next as well. That counts as "reading," right?
"Where I am not understood, it shall be concluded that something very useful and profound is couched underneath." --Jonathan Swift, A Tale of a Tub
Anarane
Wandering Through Town
Location: In Greece, longing for the true winter temperatures....

Post by Anarane »

Susie wrote:
Anarane wrote:
(So, please excuse my english, it's not my native language and I'm trying really hard to get better! :) )
I'm an English teacher and your English is excellent. You're right to read Twilight in English! Keep up the good work.
Awwww thank you so much for you kind words! :) It's s really satisfying when you hear nice comments from someone who knows these things! And yes, I enjoyed so much reading the saga in English! I read the first three books in Greek as well, but the translation made them somewhat - I don't know if I put this correctly - childish, and I didn't like that. So I only read breaking dawn in English, and then again...and again.....and again.... :P
Grab your tissues.... http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5004980/1/The_EndEdward

Chapter 3 of nm from Edward's pov...
Hazy_Lux
Settled in Forks

Post by Hazy_Lux »

Anarane, your English really is excellent! :) How long have you been studying?
Anarane
Wandering Through Town
Location: In Greece, longing for the true winter temperatures....

Post by Anarane »

Hazy_Lux wrote:Anarane, your English really is excellent! :) How long have you been studying?
Thanks :D ! I've only studied -I mean really studied,with books and spelling and grammar tests etc - when I was in high-school, and now I'm 27, so, you can do the math... :P But I love watching movies and that has helped me a lot, since I scarcely watch them with Greek subs anymore... I know it may sound lame :oops: , but it's the truth, movies, TV shows and music made this really easy and fun! Thanks again for your nice words! :D
Grab your tissues.... http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5004980/1/The_EndEdward

Chapter 3 of nm from Edward's pov...
Anto21
Wandering Through Town

Post by Anto21 »

Hello!
I have read the books so many times...

Twilight probably about five or six times
New Moon three times
Eclipse well it's my favourite so I don't know how many time I've read it
Breaking dawn two times

and of course I read Midnight sun, well the first 12 chapter that Stephenie Meyer put on her web site. I'm still hoping she will publish it in the future :roll:

I love reading my favourite chapters from each book, it depends on my mood..... ;) , the most of my favourite are in Eclipse...

I read the books in english it was a good exercise for me ;)
look after my heart, I've left it with you
Jaclyn
Settled in Forks

Post by Jaclyn »

Wow- I don't even know! Probably in 6 weeks I have read each book at least 8 times. As soon as I read the last page of Breaking Dawn, I start reading Twilight!
dazzledBrit
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by dazzledBrit »

I've read Twilight and New Moon probably 7 or 8 times now. Eclipse a couple more and then Breaking Dawn a couple more again. It's totally addictive!
Rob's Halfway House member ~ Kristen, Rob AND Taylor fan - The Twilight pedant

Heading to Forks soon...
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Jaclyn wrote:Wow- I don't even know! Probably in 6 weeks I have read each book at least 8 times. As soon as I read the last page of Breaking Dawn, I start reading Twilight!
I'm impressed at your speed! Amazing! I've just finished the first reading, so I suppose subsequent readings would be a lot faster!I'm sort of controlling myself so my husband doesn't think I'm crazy. I'm finishing another book now, but I intend to read the whole series again soon.